S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suse View Post
    Well, in that he was the nominal leader of them, I could make a case for insubordination.

It was disrespectful - though I didn't complain about it because it so reflected my feelings on the matter.

Apparently I am complaining about it. I just don't the he deserved to lead so think that having such experienced people following him is ridiculous rather than... indulgent.

suse
    Psssst!

Spoiler:
    Congratulations on 4000 posts!!!

Comment

You know, that one ep - I forget which - when they come back and he's enthusing "That's what I'm talkin' about" regarding their scrape with death on that mission - said scrape being caused by his recklessness - he's playing with his gun. I really thought for a moment he was going to call it 'Winona".
      me too! That's exactly the ep. I was thinking of--"Off the Grid" I believe.

You would think, assuming nothing had been said by now, that Landry would have noticed that the rest of the SG-1 walked away with eye-rolls and questioned *why* the others were doing that about said leader. Seemed very insubordinate. Of course, they weren't really subordinate, were they?

I can only assume that TPTB meant those eye-rolls to be 'look at his enthusiasm' indulgences. Odd that. I read those as 'How did we get saddled with this doofus?'
      suse
      Me too again.
      The thing is that in the past they got captured all the time, but not out of sheer stupidity. They were outnumbered, tricked, surrender to save others, etc. With Cam in charge it's amazing they weren't all killed on the first mission. Of course that's a way to get rid of the old "baggage." Only Cam survives b/c bullets bounce off of him, don'tcha know.

Comment

Yep. If I had liked the characters and/or how they were added I could have dealt with the crap (with their toilet bowl - how appropos - ships ) enemy.

I started S9 expecting to like Mitchell. (I was rather excited BB was coming over, even if I wasn't really a fan of Crichton I was happy for eye candy.) Ooops. I tried, really. All the way to the Making of 200, when I finally gave up. Yeah, I complained about him, but I still kept trying to find one good thing... and then he would mention leading his betters. <sigh>

I didn't really expect much from Vala - I loathed Prometheus Unbound - but *still* was shocked at how quickly I despised her. Within 2 minutes. A new record. I never imagined they would make her *worse* than she was on PU. Seriously. "Sexy" and "fun" can be and was taken tooooooooo far.

suse
        Is fun still fun if the viewers, unlike TPTB, aren't having any fun?

GMTA.

I was thinking they were saving money on costuming...

suse
        GTMA?
        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
        May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
          Well according to tptb, yes and if you don't agree then you just have "issues"
          -

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post

GTMA?
            NO!

Great Minds Think Alike.

suse
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.
            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Here's a challenging question: What are some things you think the show did well in Season 10?

1) They didn't ship Sam.
              2) Cam toned down slightly. He didn't bug me (much) in Line in the Sand. (except for the inevitable grandma story)

Hey, I said it was challenging.

Come on, someone give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                Here's a challenging question: What are some things you think the show did well in Season 10?

1) They didn't ship Sam.
                2) Cam toned down slightly. He didn't bug me (much) in Line in the Sand. (except for the inevitable grandma story)

That's challenging, but...

1) Some of the episodes didn't have Vala- Just checked, she was in all of them
                2) Daniel's biceps looked great

Given this new information my new list is....

1) Daniel's biceps
                2) Daniel's biceps
                Last edited by HPMom; 06 June 2009, 05:54 AM. Reason: Typos
                sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

Line In The Sand parts with Vala and Tomin.
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

1) They didn't ship Sam.

Hmm...

1) There was actually a Sam-focused episode(TRNT).
                    2) The screentime among the main characters was better balanced than S9.

That's about it.

On the downside...

1) Mitchell still SG1 leader.
                    2) Vala in every episode.

Mike

Comment

1) They didn't ship Sam.

Ummm...

Let me think...
                      -

Comment

There were glimmers of Sam and Daniel actually having a conversation. I think. Somewhere. It's been a while and I really only remember the worst bits.

suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

1) They didn't ship Sam.

Hmm.... the Sam/Teal'c banter. Like the poker scene in Uninvited or the There goes my need for lunch scene. I have a lot of issues with that episode but those several scenes for me made it worth watching. There were few other instances during the season where that friendship was shown, and i was glad to see it.
                          sigpic

Comment

totally off topic but I've got to ask: jasmina; what has Ashley Magnus got in the hand that isn't a gun? A knife? A stake for fighting vampires? What?
                            sigpic
                            Banner By JME2

Comment

Something much more deadly! A cell phone
                              sigpic

Comment

Now you say it, it seems obvious. And I feel silly. Is that true for both pcis in the banner then. It looks like she should be pointing something at someone threateningly in the right hand picture.
                                sigpic
                                Banner By JME2

Comment

Working...
                                X