Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia
    Very true.

In many ways, BSG is much more "real world" or "realistic" than SG-1.

And, yes, science fiction has a long history of tackling real-world issues and providing social commentary (which is one of the reasons why I like it). But it's usually done in creative ways and with an element of subtlety. There is no subtlety with the Ori. Anyone who doesn't get the comparison to real-world religious fanatics is probably missing something important... like a brain.

And I don't know why the writers think that religious sermons are something that I will look forward to as a regular part of my Friday night entertainment. I would find as much fun in listening to an army of zombie-like used-car salesmen with superpowers threatening to take over the universe. Okay, so it's theoretically frightening in concept, but the reality is that the message they provide is still tiresome and dull in its repetition (and not something I really want to listen to because I'm not shopping for cars), and the method of delivery is annoying.
    the problem is that the well ran dry-and in digging a new one-they decided that social relevance and commentary needed to beat into the viewer because they are the all knowing and all seeing portrayers of the the future and the direction of our visual entertainment.

in other words- scr*ew the viewers-they are sheep and will do whatever we want to do, watch whatever we want them to watch and they will like it.
    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Mish-Mash--yes--I like that

Comment

I wonder if they used Mao's little red book while coming up with the Orii. I saw a video on China Rising, and there are a lot of similarities. That would make a great sig too. A picture of Mao as a Prior.

Comment

It has actually been asked! Should the SGC relocate to a ship?
          Oh my LOL

Can the Farscape clone be to far off?

Comment

Originally posted by kazzyk
            Oh my LOL

I'm telling ya, they're gonna wind up on some Wraithy hiveship hybrid, just so they can call it a "living" ship.

But of course, it's COMPLETELY different from Farscape.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              I'm telling ya, they're gonna wind up on some Wraithy hiveship hybrid, just so they can call it a "living" ship.

But of course, it's COMPLETELY different from Farscape.
              But of course
              So exactly where is the "new" direction--the "new" blood etc....The "new" show?

Comment

Originally posted by kazzyk
                Oh my LOL

When I saw the title of that thread my instant reaction was; they already have haven't they?

Beam me up, Scotty!

Comment

of course! it will have NOTHING to do with farscape. it'll jsut be cam and vala and teal'c on board a living ship...and they'll have a nice puppet asgard crew member

absolutly nothing at all to do with farscape
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    of course! it will have NOTHING to do with farscape. it'll jsut be cam and vala and teal'c on board a living ship...and they'll have a nice puppet asgard crew member

absolutly nothing at all to do with farscape
                    Poor, poor Teal'c.

He didn't kill nearly enough people during his time as First Prime to deserve that fate.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

teal'c will stay with the show because

a) he's low maintenance
                      b) he'l fulfill the 'token alien' role, along with the 'i once heard a legend about....'
                      c) he also makes a more diverse cast

sigpic

Comment

teal'c will stay with the show because

a) he's low maintenance
                        b) he'l fulfill the 'token alien' role, along with the 'i once heard a legend about....'
                        c) he also makes a more diverse cast
                        Maybe he better start kissing up to Cam. The last look I caught between them had Teal'c looking at Cam like he was an insignificant worm. Teal'c also makes Cam (And everyone else) look like the 90 pound weakling that gets sand kicked in his face at the beach.
                        sigpic
                        Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                        My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                          The last look I caught between them had Teal'c looking at Cam like he was an insignificant worm.
                          And Teal'c tends to be a pretty good judge of character.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                            And Teal'c tends to be a pretty good judge of character.
                            bwahahah.

good pun

acutally the animosity between teal'c and cam is a mimic of tyr and dylan from andromeda. respectful animosity between the two alpha males

sigpic

Comment

bwahahah.

good pun

acutally the animosity between teal'c and cam is a mimic of tyr and dylan from andromeda. respectful animosity between the two alpha males
                              really? i got the "i should hit you because you have absolutely NO idea what you're doing and annoy me much to much. by the way wtf are you doing here?" vibe.

but maybe you're right.
                              sigpic
                              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

bwahahah.

good pun

Hmm. I would ave calle it animosity from one alpha male, and sugar frenzied respect from one rather arrogant, overgrown adolescent male, myself.

I guess if I rearrange the words enough, it comes out to the same thing...
                                ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X