S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captain jake
    The big question is why are you pro season 10 everybody??
    Because I absolutely loved Season 9. I thought TPTB handled the changes well, the new enemy was awesome, and the new additions to the cast fit in well by season's end.

I am also very excited by Season 10 from the spoilers I've read so far. I think most of the episodes sound like they could really be great ones to watch. In fact, I think this season has a good chance of even being better than Season 9 was.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
      I am also very excited by Season 10 from the spoilers I've read so far. I think most of the episodes sound like they could really be great ones to watch. In fact, I think this season has a good chance of even being better than Season 9 was.
      I agree with you

Comment

Getting off my Tom Cruise bash *I really do think that tard is overrated*.

Why am I pro Season 10??

I liked season 9, IMHO it was better than any previous seasons. I am admittedly bias, coming over as a Scaper. But to be fair, how many O'Neill fans ever watched Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and Emeral Point, NAS?? I did....

I can't say I like season 10 because it hasn't aired yet. I can say that I like the idea of a season 10. I love spoilers and form what I have seen so far, season 10 looks to be forming into the best season, so far. I do hope TPTB don't let me down.

Anyways, Claudia is in it full time and that is always a plus...

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass
          Talk about damning Ben with faint praise! "Pretty good actor"? And then comparing him to Tom Cruise? I'm going to quote TV Guide and say that he's an "outstanding" actor! SG hasn't given him too much to do that's flashy yet, ie, no huge emotional angsty scenes, but I was really impressed with the subtle way he showed Cam worrying over his friend in Stronghold, to name one example from this show. Ben's one of the best actors on TV, imo.

Now, now, calmness. For me to call someone pretty good at anything is high praise, for me. Anyone who knows me knows I don't hand it out easily. Also, follow it through to that part where I say, Best American actor we have seen in a long time.
          I wasn't comparing him to Cruise, I like Ben. Cruise is an overrated, over-egotistical pile of *insert string of expletives here* that I wouldn't waste the saliva to spit on him. I was making the observation that people tend to overlook talent when the actor or actress is good looking and allow looks and CGI carry them, ie with Tom Cruise, and that I hope that doesn't happen with Ben.

If you want to see him do some good acting, watch the Farscape episodes Look At the Princess, especially around the kids in the eppy. It is a three parter. And good Ben and Claudia in the ep The Way We Weren't, very good stuff working off each other. One of the things I liked about Farscape is they did nice action eps, character centric eps, drama eps, blow stuff up and kill everyone eps, and they did all of them very well. TWWW is my second best favorite episode of the series. It showed a good range of ability for Ben and Claudia. Now if TPTB on Stargate would let them work that range here.....

Comment

More 11 days
            Can't wait

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
              More 11 days
              Can't wait
              Woohoo, woohooo, wooohoooooooooo! Yup, mighty stoked. Going to a season 10 premiere part on the 14th.

And WHY am I stoked about Season 10? Because, although I've liked SG1 very much in the past, I LOVE the direction it's heading. They've revived it and made it into something shiny and pretty all over again.

And pity the poor Antlantians. If SG1 is going to visit them, does that mean they are faced with Wraith AND Ori? *shudder* Which begs the question...do the priors have anything left to suck dry if the Wraith give it a try?

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe
                But to be fair, how many O'Neill fans ever watched Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and Emeral Point, NAS?? I did....
                Hey, I'm a Jack fan and I love Seven Brides for Seven Brothers ... Although, I am unsure what that has to do with liking season 9 or 10, but I thought I'd share.

I'm pro season 10 because I haven't seen it yet, and I want to see it, and it should be good - I find no reason it shouldn't be... not really. Plus, Sam in most episodes makes me a happy happy person.
                Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Haha great metaphor trek42 I agree totaly off topic conversation.

Because I love what Stargate was in the past. I love what it became last season. And I feel confidant that I'll love what it evolves to in season 10.

Also, if I didn't like the changes, I wouldn't be an "everybody" to ask the question of because if I don't like a show anymore, especially to the point that some "anti's" do, I wouldn't be here any more - watching the show or visiting websites/threads of negativity. There are plenty of things in life to be happy about and I don't like festering in misery. I feel bad for them and wish they could find happiness somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
                    Hey, I'm a Jack fan and I love Seven Brides for Seven Brothers ... Although, I am unsure what that has to do with liking season 9 or 10, but I thought I'd share...
                    I didn't get it at first, either, but that's because I was thinking of the movie. RDA was in the short-lived series and also Emerald Point, I watched both shows, but really didn't remember that he was in them until reminded...

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                      I didn't get it at first, either, but that's because I was thinking of the movie. RDA was in the short-lived series and also Emerald Point, I watched both shows, but really didn't remember that he was in them until reminded...
                      Ahh, they didn't grace our screens as far as I know... But I did catch Legends...

Hmm, yeah .
                      Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                        Because I love what Stargate was in the past. I love what it became last season. And I feel confidant that I'll love what it evolves to in season 10.

Also, if I didn't like the changes, I wouldn't be an "everybody" to ask the question of because if I don't like a show anymore, especially to the point that some "anti's" do, I wouldn't be here any more - watching the show or visiting websites/threads of negativity. There are plenty of things in life to be happy about and I don't like festering in misery. I feel bad for them and wish they could find happiness somewhere.
                        Yeah I hear you on that whole heartily. I really don't understand that, if you don't like something just quit watchin. I don't think complaining about it really going to help, honestly when I was watching Third Watch they brought in this character that completely changed my favorite character into something he was not. Guess what I did...you'll never guess...I stopped watching!!! That entire season I didn't even watch again because I don't watch what I don't like...

Weeeeee it's all most here and I'm getting more and more excited (still has to buy her tapes before the 14th)

Comment

I can understand that many keep watching, hoping it will go back to what they want, and I hope that they can either find that or reconcile with what it is they are getting. What I don't understand is the ones that have given up on that happening and just come here to complain. If they want to go to threads discussing episodes in the past that they still cherish, that's wonderful, but a few seem to wallow in the anti threads. It's a little sad and, excuse the cliche, [but most things are cliches because they are true,] but life really is too short. Especially at my age...

Comment

I must say that I really love the "new" face of the show and hope it's gonna continue in season 10. The spoilers and preview pics and promos look extremely promising and exciting and I really can't wait to see the new season NOW!
                            T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers?
                              I remembered i loved that show.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U9_S5n2IT...ted&search=RDA
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=-gTnDL-KiaU&search=RDA
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=kps037MsM...ted&search=RDA

http://rdainfo.tripod.com/sevenbrides.html

Comment

I'm pro season 10 because:
                                *Season 9 was awesome and I expect that same quality will flow over to the newest season.
                                *The spoilers that are out so far suggest that this will be another awesome season.

Comment

Working...
                                X