S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Egraine
    Saw those...what a great way to start a Friday.

Claudia looks lovely. You sure can't tell she had a baby in December...no baby fat there.
    Indeed! Seeing those pics, although not as many as I would have liked, did make my day a little better yesterday.

And regarding Claudia, I'm sure she worked very hard to get back in shape. Of course, so did Amanda last season.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
      Indeed! Seeing those pics, although not as many as I would have liked, did make my day a little better yesterday.

And regarding Claudia, I'm sure she worked very hard to get back in shape. Of course, so did Amanda last season.
      I don't think Claudia or Amanda had the time to get back in shape. When you have a baby and you are working, there's no time at al!!!

Some woman can back to shape naturaly . Lucky them

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
        Spoiler:
        Ya he is in a few episodes.
        WHAT?!? RAWR!!!

Please remain seated until the puddle jumper has come to a complete and full stop.
        Proud SJ and Sheyla Shipper!

Comment

I totally agree with that. And it also set a darker overall tone to the show, at least IMO. This season should really be something special.

By the way, anyone see that we finally got some episodic photos from Season 10's first ep? All I can say is, finally! Hopefully more will be on the way soon.
          I agree completely this season was darker and I think it added some new life to the show. I really enjoyed season nine and the spoilers and the lolvely pics have me salavating and wishing tommorow was July 14! I can't wait for the new season season ten is going to rock!

Jack: How'd it go?

Carter: We kicked their asses!

Jack: They had asses?
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
            I think last season was one of the biggest action seasons yet.
            yeah, i hope we (tauri) can come up with something that can counter act ori ships.(but not to soon)
            Check out My directorial work (please leave comment. if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=coreyeasy

Or,

Leave comment on the off topic board.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29121

Comment

Originally posted by Artha O'neill
              yeah, i hope we (tauri) can come up with something that can counter act ori ships.(but not to soon)
              Oh, I'm sure we will eventually. If not, this war would be over pretty quick. But I agree, not too soon.

July 14th will indeed be a blessed day in my household. I may even take the day off of work.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
                I don't think Claudia or Amanda had the time to get back in shape. When you have a baby and you are working, there's no time at al!!!

Some woman can back to shape naturaly . Lucky them
                I just hope that neither one pushed themself too quickly. I imagine the pressure of Hollywood Perfect Woman Ideal could make even the most self-assured actress think of her image before her health. [I know they're not in Hollywood, but I can't think of another term for that mindset that encompasses the entertainment industry.]

Comment

Well, only 31 days left until SG-1's return. It may still seem like a lot, but it's really not so bad. We just have to stay strong, people.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Crap, I've got six months to wait still!

What does anyone in here think of the promo pics? I'm not too impressed.....I wanted the team in uniform looking like real people. I was so looking forward to them so it's a bit of a disappointment. I don't think they're as abysmal as some others are saying, but still.

And for once I want a promo pic with the actors smiling rather then that neutral-leaning-towards-frown look.

Comment

Well, only 31 days left until SG-1's return. It may still seem like a lot, but it's really not so bad. We just have to stay strong, people.
                      Say after ne - A M_O_N_T_H

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                        Crap, I've got six months to wait still!

What does anyone in here think of the promo pics? I'm not too impressed.....I wanted the team in uniform looking like real people. I was so looking forward to them so it's a bit of a disappointment. I don't think they're as abysmal as some others are saying, but still.

And for once I want a promo pic with the actors smiling rather then that neutral-leaning-towards-frown look.
                        People don't like them??? What does it take to satisfy this fandom??? Sheesh.

I can understand that you would have liked them in uniform or if you had different hopes, but not to like them??? Seriously, this fandom is frelled-up. Well, okay, not most of them, but how whiney can some people get? Don't like the new bad guys, don't like the new characters, don't like the stories, don't even like the frelling PICTURES???

sorry. I just get so tired of the negativity sometimes...

Comment

I LOVE the new promo pics!

Would have liked some uniform pics, but all the Atlantis pics are street clothes as well. I'll take it - everyone looks terrific!
                          Last edited by FoolishPleasure; 13 June 2006, 05:42 AM.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                            :

So agree...

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                              People don't like them??? What does it take to satisfy this fandom??? Sheesh.

I can understand that you would have liked them in uniform or if you had different hopes, but not to like them??? Seriously, this fandom is frelled-up. Well, okay, not most of them, but how whiney can some people get? Don't like the new bad guys, don't like the new characters, don't like the stories, don't even like the frelling PICTURES???

It's varied response across the Fandom and mostly because of the air brushing I think. Not every one is going to be happy about and agree with the same things as everyone else, it's ok to critique. I really like the Promo's, they are an improvement over last year's but I wish they had allowed some of the character to show on the actors faces, these guys are really good looking people without all the touch ups!
                              AncientsTimeline

Comment

Originally posted by Sprinkles
                                It's varied response across the Fandom and mostly because of the air brushing I think. Not every one is going to be happy about and agree with the same things as everyone else, it's ok to critique. I really like the Promo's, they are an improvement over last year's but I wish they had allowed some of the character to show on the actors faces, these guys are really good looking people without all the touch ups!
                                Yeah, I probably overreacted, but it's hard to be excited about something [new pics!] and then go to a thread to gush with others only to find out they don't like the stuff you do. Heh, same thing happens in the episode threads.

I can certainly understand some disappointment and that they weren't necessarily what everyone expected. Yes, the airbrushing was a bit much at times and I can understand that some people hoped they'd be in uniform. I had no problem with what Trek_ Girl42 said. I got the impression that she generally liked them, but found a few faults. That's cool. It's that some people find no redeeming quality in them. But then, to some people the pictures didn't stand a chance unless Ben and Claudia were no where near the camera and RDA was there in their stead. Sigh.

Comment

Working...
                                X