No announcement yet.

S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only a few more days until the finale airs here in the States. Even having seen it already, I still have a weird feeling in my stomach.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Only a few more days until the finale airs here in the States. Even having seen it already, I still have a weird feeling in my stomach.
      Me too....it's strange, isn't it? I've watched the episode 50 times and I'm still anxious about watching it on Friday. I guess because I always figured that as long as it hadn't aired in the US, it wasn't over. I'm so weird! My logic sometimes doesn't make much sense.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I can't beleive there is only one more episode to go, it doesn't feel real!

Originally posted by Kales View Post
        Congrats on 8000, Trek Girl! That's a huge number :O
        Indeed it is…Congrats Trek_Girl42!
        sigpic

Comment

Congratulations from me, as well!

Also, I'm the same way as far as the last episode airing day after tomorrow! Ten years, and it's all about to end! Okay, I know we'll have the movies and all, but the show itself will be gone. It's so weird. I always just felt like it would always be there, you know, which is silly, but I suppose that's what happens when you get to love a series so much.

Comment

^ I felt exactly the same way. I guess you have to feel like that with a series that has run for so long. You just keep thinking, oh, they'll be back next year. But now its really the end. Its shocking in a way, stargate has been with me for half my life.

Im so gald they ended the series and the last ep the way they did.
            Spoiler:
            All of those quotes, the 'Indeed' from Sam and Daniel (to me that felt like a tribute to teal'c), the 'Good things come to those who wait' (movies lol) and the walk up the ramp.
            Ive said it before and ill say it again, THANKYOU ROBERT C COOPER!!!!!

PS. CONGRATS ON 8000 Trek Girl!
            sigpic
            By *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill View Post
              ^ I felt exactly the same way. I guess you have to feel like that with a series that has run for so long. You just keep thinking, oh, they'll be back next year. But now its really the end. Its shocking in a way, stargate has been with me for half my life.
              I know what you mean- I haven't even watched it for that long and I feel like it should be just continuing because it has gone of for so long, and has been such a mainstay in so many people's lives for ten years.

And thanksees all for the congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                Me too....it's strange, isn't it? I've watched the episode 50 times and I'm still anxious about watching it on Friday. I guess because I always figured that as long as it hadn't aired in the US, it wasn't over. I'm so weird! My logic sometimes doesn't make much sense.

-Stef
                Your logic, at least in this case, makes sense to me. In a way, I've felt the same way concerning it. Nothing we can really do now though. The clock is ticking, and Friday night will be here before we know it.

All we can do is enjoy that hour, and remember what SG-1 has meant to each of us for all these years.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill View Post
                  It’s scary to think about it like that actually....I've been watching stargate for 10 years, which like you its been with me for over half my life...i love waiting for new episodes...at least now we are waiting for the movies, but what happens when they are over...i know this sounds stupid but can't imagine it
                  I love looking forward to a new episode of sg1 after coming home from school and snuggling up on the couch...its so relaxing
                  sigpic

Comment

Final episode here tonight! *cries briefly* I'll probably watch both airings, and I shall be making a cake in honour of this wonderful wonderful show.

Funnily enough, this is like the first time ever that our daily tv review in the paper has been about Stargate- least it was a nice little write-up!

Comment

^ Thats nice the tv guide did that! I wish our tv guide would...
                      Can i have some cake? *runs over to canada*
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amaunet View Post
                        ^ Thats nice the tv guide did that! I wish our tv guide would...
                        Can i have some cake? *runs over to canada*
                        Nah, not tv guide, just the paper. Just finished icing the cake, and I'll say right now, I have no future in the culinary arts. I'll post a pic once I get them uploaded. One hour and fourty four minutes to go!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Wow, was that ever an amazing episode. I kept tearing up all throughout.

Spoiler:
                          Where to start.....I really liked that song they played!

But wow, Teal'c staying old! I am SO glad I wasn't spoiled for that, I really loved his knowing smilies at remembering but not telling anyone anything. And the Asgaard! Noooo! Gone! Not fair! Poor Thor! It's so cool how this ep tied back into so many things from throughout the series. Love it!

Though I think my favourite line in the episode was Cam's at the end when he referred to the gate as the way they should travel. All in all that was the perfect final scene, it ended exactly as it should have done, with Walter calling out the chevrons and the SG-1 going through the gate.

Just everything about the team in this episode was so wonderful, and I really can't gather any more thoughts at the moment, so I'll just end this post.

This episode is an absolute 10/10 for me.

I'm still having trouble believing that it's over.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post

Spoiler:

But wow, Teal'c staying old! I am SO glad I wasn't spoiled for that, I really loved his knowing smilies at remembering but not telling anyone anything. And the Asgaard! Noooo! Gone! Not fair! Poor Thor! It's so cool how this ep tied back into so many things from throughout the series. Love it!

Though I think my favourite line in the episode was Cam's at the end when he referred to the gate as the way they should travel. All in all that was the perfect final scene, it ended exactly as it should have done, with Walter calling out the chevrons and the SG-1 going through the gate.

Just everything about the team in this episode was so wonderful, and I really can't gather any more thoughts at the moment, so I'll just end this post.

I'm really glad you enjoyed the finale, Trek_Girl42. I was pretty sure you would. I just hope everyone here in the US can enjoy it as much when it airs tomorrow night. I can't wait to check GW after it's all over.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              I'm really glad you enjoyed the finale, Trek_Girl42. I was pretty sure you would. I just hope everyone here in the US can enjoy it as much when it airs tomorrow night. I can't wait to check GW after it's all over.
                              Ooh can't wait for tomorrow too, it'll be really nice to read everyone's reactions! Can't wait for later tonight either- repeat!

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post

Spoiler:

I knew you'd love it. I hope the reaction is the same here.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X