No announcement yet.

S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe "200" is this Friday. It seems kinda surreal. It's so flipping cool. Of course, it will be great to see RDA again. In my book, he's welcome to come back for multiple episodes if he so chooses.

Comment

I feel like a little kid. This week should be interesting...

Comment

I am a bit concerned about any kind of negative consequence of having RDA return, even for two eps. The new cast has been working hard at being accepted and I feel RDA's return, as fun as it may be, might hurt the new cast. I know a lot of fans of the show want to see RDA return, but it might cause some negative backlash for the new guys.

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe
          I know a lot of fans of the show want to see RDA return, but it might cause some negative backlash for the new guys.
          You mean...it might make them look bad right?
          sigpic
          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
            You mean...it might make them look bad right?
            Well, I think it might interrupt the acceptance or the *flow* of the new cast and the way that story is going.

*edited to correct a misspelling. This has been a message from a proud spelling cop*
            Last edited by SylvreWolfe; 14 August 2006, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Well, I think it might interrupt the acceptance or the *flow* of the new cast and they way that story is going.
              I gotta agree with ya, but my hope is that people will realize it's a special occasion, sorta like a weekend visit with an old friend, and the next day we'll go back to the normal sg-1

Comment

Originally posted by iheartvala
                I gotta agree with ya, but my hope is that people will realize it's a special occasion, sorta like a weekend visit with an old friend, and the next day we'll go back to the normal sg-1
                EXACTLY!!! That's how I'm viewing it. I'm pretty excited, too.
                Actually, I think Jack on Atlantis will be REALLY cool.
                *plugs ears so no one spoils the Atlantis ep for her*

Comment

Originally posted by iheartvala

I can hope, but from some of what I have seen so far, here and on other boards, people are wanting RDA to come back permanently and for Ben and Claudia to never have been a part of the show.

Comment

I can hope, but from some of what I have seen so far, here and on other boards, people are wanting RDA to come back permanently and for Ben and Claudia to never have been a part of the show.
                    Unfortunately, that's pretty much all I've seen on Slashdot and such.
                    Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                    Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                    -Audioslave

Comment

And Ben and Claudia are why I am watching now. Hubby watched the show, but when Ben was signed is when I started to watch. Have I told that story yet??
                      LOLOL

Comment

And Ben and Claudia are why I am watching now. Hubby watched the show, but when Ben was signed is when I started to watch. Have I told that story yet??
                        LOLOL
                        I remember you telling it.
                        Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                        Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                        -Audioslave

Comment

I am a bit concerned about any kind of negative consequence of having RDA return, even for two eps. The new cast has been working hard at being accepted and I feel RDA's return, as fun as it may be, might hurt the new cast. I know a lot of fans of the show want to see RDA return, but it might cause some negative backlash for the new guys.
                          I'm not too concerned about that at all. A couple appearances by RDA won't mess things up for the new team. Plus, it might draw back some viewers who stopped watching after RDA's departure. That would mean ratings would increase, which you have to admit we do need right now.

Like it or not, RDA and the character of O'Neill have been a major part of what is Stargate SG-1. As a long-time fan, I'm glad he'll come back now and then. That said though, I also love the chemistry they have going now with the new SG-1 team.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                            I'm not too concerned about that at all. A couple appearances by RDA won't mess things up for the new team. Plus, it might draw back some viewers who stopped watching after RDA's departure. That would mean ratings would increase, which you have to admit we do need right now.

Like it or not, RDA and the character of O'Neill have been a major part of what is Stargate SG-1. As a long-time fan, I'm glad he'll come back now and then. That said though, I also love the chemistry they have going now with the new SG-1 team.
                            Couldn't have said it better myself! You hit it on the head
                            again! I wonder how O'Neill will react to Vala? That is bound to
                            bring on a couple of laughs.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man

I agree. RDA is still a part of SG-1. I am very happy to see him back. I am very pleased with the new team and I don't think his return will mess with that. It will be so intersting to see how he and the new team get along. A few Danny jokes would be nice too!
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Cant wait for 200 and RDA
                                Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Working...
                                X