No announcement yet.

S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG, did anyone see the new pictures from episode 200.

Comment

Originally posted by SMEAGOL2
      OMG, did anyone see the new pictures from episode 200.
      I did and they are great! I can't wait!
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
        I don't think that MS being off will hurt the ratings. Remember folks he has been off before and the shows and ratings were still fine, like " A Matter of Time" one of my favs, I know there are more but thats all I can think of. I've stated before that while the ratings are not the greatest they also arent the worst. I think the show is doing fine, and I'm sure that the show will continue as Season 10 is one of the greatest ever! Lets hope we see som of before it's over!
        Keep in mind that some of the best comedy shows had highs and lows in the ratings. "Friends" for instance went down three years (season 7) before we found out that everyone's contract was renewed. Then there were 3 more seasons. For better or worse Sci-fact fans are gradually growing and don't really care which season it is. They just want to see what else is out there, IMO. Even on the most technologically advance nation in the world, compared to the "shows" on the scifi channel we are very primitive. Just as in life there are ups and downs.

Adama: If I cared about the ratings then I would have quit long ago.
        Apollo: You mean that our planet was nearly destroyed, we have no real home and no one is happy 'cause no one knows what is coming next?
        Adama: Are you being saracastic or do I need to send you on another mission with StarBuck
        Starbuck: What's that supposed to mean
        Boomer: Just that your sometimes Apollo's penence for being a smart@ss.
        Starbuck: Shut up Cylon
        Boomer: I hate to tell you this but you may be a cylon now.
        Starbuck: NOooooooooooo
        Daniel: Ah jeeze just ascend already.
        teal'c: They have not yet passed the tests Daniel.
        Daniel: Huh?
        teal'c: There is more to the Jaffa than you know.
        Last edited by dreid; 08 August 2006, 08:36 PM. Reason: spelling
        There are Brave Pilots. There are old Pilots. But there are no brave, old Pilots.

Comment

Originally posted by dreid
          Keep in mind that some of the best comedy shows had highs and lows in the ratings. "Friends for instance went down three years (season 7) before we found out that everyones contract was renewed. Then there were 3 more seasons. For better or worse Sci-fact fans are gradually growing and don't really care which season it is. They just want to see what else is out there, IMO. Even on the most technologically advance nation in the contry compare to the "shows" on the scifi channel we are very primitive. Just as in life there are ups and downs.

Adama: If I cared about the ratings then I would have quit long ago.
          Apollo: You mean that our planet was nearly destroyed, we have no real home and no one is happy 'cause no one knows what is coming next?
          Adama: Are you being saracastic or do I need to send you on another mission with StarBuck
          Starbuck: What's that supposed to mean
          Boomer: Just that your sometimes Apollos penence for being a smart@ss.
          Starbuck: Shut up Cylon
          Boomer: I hate to tell you this but you may be a cylon now.
          Starbuck: NOooooooooooo
          Daniel: Ah jeeze just ascend already.
          teal'c: They have not yet passed the tests Daniel.
          Daniel: Huh?
          teal'c: There is more to the Jaffa than you know.
          Exactly. IMHO the dhow should be fine as long as MGM is willing to give it a go.

Comment

AGGGG.... Save Stargate... 1.3 ratings... What is going on..?

Comment

I'm still confident in the future of this show. IMO, if Sci-Fi cancels it, they'll only be hurting themselves in the long run.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Exactly. IMHO the dhow should be fine as long as MGM is willing to give it a go.
                If MGM fails to follow through I'm sure, IMHO that there will be another production company to pick it up. By the way, the ORI are basically using the "freedom" to cause trouble based on a false belief that they have the right, power, commision, to rule the galaxy.

Ori: We are here for you to worship us.
                teal'c: You all are seriously mistaken
                Ori: bow down or die.
                teal'c: Interesting proposal, are you prepared to do the same?
                Fifth Race "God" (who doesn't like that term): ok children, its time for a time out and the ori need to review their homework. You missed the first two steps and have the second step all backwards.
                Daniel: Oh, boy, here we go.
                O'neil: round up the troops.
                Sam: Don't we ever get a vaction.
                O'neil: I've been asking myself that for years, (or Eons).
                There are Brave Pilots. There are old Pilots. But there are no brave, old Pilots.

Comment

AGGGG.... Save Stargate... 1.3 ratings... What is going on..?
                  Where did you see that!? I hope its wrong!

Comment

Its on the news page.

Comment

Its on the news page.
                      I don't get this crap. People just don't know what they're missing out on. And these ratings following "The Pegasus Project", one of the best SG-1 episodes ever IMO.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                        I don't get this crap. People just don't know what they're missing out on. And these ratings following "The Pegasus Project", one of the best SG-1 episodes ever IMO.

I agree. I dont know. I really like this season so far. I love my Stargate.....

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                          I don't either. I am now more concerned as ever. I f anywone has seen my posts then you know that I have remained optimistic about a renewal and I will continue to do so. But I'm also a realisitc person, and it seems that this may indeed be the final season. TPTB must also see that and I said in an earler post today that I see the "finale" whichever it will be, being like season 6 or 8. Both of those times the shows cancellation was expected and the did a finale that would end the show well. They obviously are seeing what we are and while a majority of fans think this is an excellent season, SKIFFYS schedule shift has caused this problem IMHO. The article suggests that as well as fan disapointment and I don't think that that may of us are disapointed with this season. Be that as it may ( this being an excellent season) we might have to face the fact that this might be it.

Comment

Its on the news page.
                            Who's news page the anti stargate Ori "Globe" news page?

Comment

Originally posted by dreid
                              Who's news page the anti stargate Ori "Globe" news page?
                              I needed that after seeing the ratings. Lets pray to the Skiffy gods to renew Stargate!

Comment

I needed that after seeing the ratings. Lets pray to the Skiffy gods to renew Stargate!
                                I know I'll be saying a few prayers for the return of these shows for next season. Besides, I seriously doubt Sci-Fi will replace them with anything of comparable quality.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X