No announcement yet.

S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is really bad news. Although hopefully the "quality" of TPP will help boost the ratings this week.

Comment

1.5? That's not so great. Hopefully the next episode up will see a decent jump in ratings.

Comment

I don't understand what's causing the drop. I vote we round up all of the noisy crickets and give them Neilson boxes. If they don't watch, we threaten to squish them.

Hopefully, rating will go up soon. Season 10 rocks, and aside from Dr. Who (whose Season 2 has not been announced in America yet), there are not any other good scifi shows besides SG-1.

(Sorry, I don't care for BSG, and I'm not happy with SGA right now.)
        "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
          This is really bad news. Although hopefully the "quality" of TPP will help boost the ratings this week.
          That's what I'm hoping for. We definitely need something to improve if we expect Stargate seasons next year.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I've read the bad news... Now, I'm stressed again, even more after being wrong with one of my last posts here , and I think its time to know what happens to this project.

Originally posted by thothscribe81
            Okay, I started a website for the letter writing campaign, but as I'm not that well versed in website creating, would someone mind taking a look and letting me know what they think so far. It still has some work (obviously, lol) but this is the idea I had for the layout and title page...

http://www.geocities.com/stargateforever81/index.html

Thanks for everyone's feedback on this. I think its a great idea and hopefully we'll be able to show TPTB how much we really love the show!
            The links still go to white pages...

Anyway, it took me a moment, but I found this post :
            Originally posted by Farscapefan
            A normal letter with stamp on the envelope or just a postcard saying nice words how we like the show would be better idea. Here there is the address where we can write (just add a name to whom):

"Stargate SG-1"
            Kawoosh! Productions X Inc.
            2400 Boundary Road
            Burnaby, BC V5M 3Z3
            Canada
            and I'm gonna write my letter today. Anyone else ?

I know Neelan Liquor already sent them, but I hope we're not the only ones.
            Last edited by Linwelin; 03 August 2006, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Wow, the ratings are not good. I can't believe people still blame the changes on SG-1, when Atlantis is doing just as badly.

And I honestly don't think casual viewers (the majority of the audience) are petty enough to bond with a lead character and then stop watching because of the way they're used. Which some people seem to think the main problem is.

Comment

Originally posted by Linwelin
                ... I think its time to know what happens to this project.

The links still go to white pages...
                Do you have a pop-up blocker? It's possible that you're not seeing the page because of a firewall that's blocking it 'cause it's a free web site. When it comes up, it has ads, too, so you might have to change the settings on your firewall before you can view it properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor
                  Do you have a pop-up blocker? It's possible that you're not seeing the page because of a firewall that's blocking it 'cause it's a free web site. When it comes up, it has ads, too, so you might have to change the settings on your firewall before you can view it properly.
                  Well, thank you for that... It was due to firefox... I had blocked the pop-up windows...

Can't green you for that, but wish I could !

Comment

Originally posted by Nefreyu
                    I don't think you can shut up the season 9 critics because it was in most peoples opinions the worst season ever.
                    Uhh, most people meaning who...you? I've seen lots of fans saying that Season 9 was one of the best seasons the show has ever done. It reminded me a lot of the good ol' Season 4 and 5 days and not of the bad Season 7 "where'd Jack go?!" days.

But these ratings gotta get up guys, seriously. Pegasus Project was the best episode yet this season.
                    sigpic
                    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                      Uhh, most people meaning who...you? I've seen lots of fans saying that Season 9 was one of the best seasons the show has ever done. It reminded me a lot of the good ol' Season 4 and 5 days and not of the bad Season 7 "where'd Jack go?!" days.

But these ratings gotta get up guys, seriously. Pegasus Project was the best episode yet this season.

HaHa touché

It has been my observation that for the most part fans support season 9 rather than the latter. However anti something is allot louder than pro something So I can see how Nefreyu (along with other people) could be confused.

So there is 1 day left!! until the premiere of "insiders" can you guys wait? After the awesome revolution of "PP" I am supper excited to see where they go with the story arc. Will the team have big heads from hitting 3 birds with 1 stone or will they be humble? I am going to go with humble but you never know sometimes TPTB throw you a curve ball. O, and will Daniels prediction prove to be valid? What I mean by that is will we be abandoned by the ancients? As Daniel predicted in one of the last scenes of "PP". My prediction is that they are still going to help us out as a matter of fact I think they where the reason we were able to activate the wormhole and destroy the 2 ships.
                      sigpic

Comment

So many things affect the ratings, not the least of which is that shows that are recorded to watch later aren't counted. Nor are those that wait for the second showing because something else comes on that they also want to see - not necessarily more than Stargate, but Stargate is the one that gives them the option of waiting until a second showing, so they wait to watch then.

I think the Neilsons need a major overhaul. They haven't even figured out how to take VCRs into account and now we've moved on to DVRs, which many people, myself included, rely on to watch pretty much everything we really want to see. All the shows I don't want to miss are preprogrammed into my DVR. Some other stuff I might catch while it is on, but I know I have the luxury of watching my DVRed stuff whenever I want. Neilson isn't catching these, but these are my favorite shows. Neilson will record the one time I happened to catch some show I only somewhat care to watch and will miss the shows I MUST watch, because I DVR them.

Of course, I'm not a Neilson family anyway, and that's an entirely different rant about the way they pick them...

I watch for the Neilson's like the rest of you do, because the industry takes them so much into consideration, but I wish they wouldn't until the Neilson's get their crap together, jump into the 21st century technologically, and poll a more representative portion of the population.

Oh, well... This week's episode [which I will probably watch Saturday - mulitple times, not that Neilson cares] sounds like another winner!!!

Comment

Not sure the "why" but sure hope it's a temporary condition. C'Mon 2.0 ratings, Mama wants Season 11!

Comment

I haven't been happy with the Nielson rating system since I first learned how it works. I still don't see how they can get any kind of accurate rating the way it is done. So many of us are on satellite, by choice or not, and we don't count. And yet, the satellite company can tell what channel my satellite is on at any given time and how long it stays on that channel. They can tell the moment I change my channel. Yet, we don't count.

Comment

Satellite doesn't count ?

The Nielsen system has be updated...

Comment

Last time I checked their website those of us on satellite were not allowed to be Nielson households. Even though we can be counted by the satellite companies, our viewing habits hold little sway in the big picture. And more and more people are going to satellite out of various reasons, mine is because we can't get anything but satellite where I live.

Comment

Working...
                                X