S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farscapefan
    Actually it's going to be a behind the scenes's special to celebrate 200th episode Just go to www.scifi.com and check August schedule.
    Oh my god, no way! I'm so excited now! (okay, I was totally excited before, now I'm even more so!) Yay, I was hoping for another bts special this year sometime and I'm happy that they are doing it for the 200th episode! *happy dance* Thanks for the info!

And um, not to sound totally out of the loop or whatever, but what are people excited about tomorrow morning for?

Comment

Originally posted by thothscribe81
      And um, not to sound totally out of the loop or whatever, but what are people excited about tomorrow morning for?
      Breakfast?

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
        Breakfast?
        Among other things? Like for instance watching *coughcoughcoughdownloadedcoughcoughcough* Morpheus episode?
        T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by thothscribe81
          ...Is anyone else really looking forward to "200"? I'm excited about it. It sounds like its going to be really great (hillarious with lots of "in" jokes).

Spoiler:
          I'm looking forward to seeing Jack again - as much as I love Mitchell and Vala being on the show, it will be nice to see Jack and Daniel interact again for an episode!

I wonder if Thor might make an appearance in "200"? I miss Thor!
          I think "200" will be great fun! It's great for an episode to just be about goofing off and fun stuff. Especially with inside jokes!
          Spoiler:
          and I feel the same way about having Jack back for an episode or two. I adore Mitchell and Vala, but it will be nice to see how they interact with Jack, even if just for a "fantasy" episode or whatever it is going to be.

It's all good.

Comment

Although I am a gourmand (I try to break the habbit and I'll succed) breakfast won't be my concern tomorrow morning, Morpheus will be.
            School is overrated.

Comment

Yup, I'm looking forward to "200". Some time ago I watched 100th episode "Wormhole X-treme" and surprisingly I enjoyed it, so I suppose I'm going to enjoy "200" episode too
              You just saw it? Cool. I remember that I saw it a long time ago when it was first on, but I wasn't a part of the internet community for Stargate. I thought it was funny even then, but once I started reading the internet and saw it again, some of the jokes became downright hysterical!

You know, like when the woman asked if she could walk through things, why she didn't fall through the floor. It's was funny just seeing that [because that kind of stuff doesn't normally occur to me, I just sit back and enjoy], but once I started reading the internet and knew it was a common discussion point, it became hysterical. "Hey! They threw that in for us!" -like all of a sudden I became an "us". haha. Anyway, it added an extra dimension to the joke and I loved it!

I hope that they make "200" the same way: Funny enough for both factions: those on the internet and those not, to enjoy it!

Comment

I've just found it at SciFi's SG-1 board:

spoilers for Morpheus episode :

Spoiler:
                From the Albuquerque Tribune (Albuquerque, NM): What's on tonight: Friday

By Mary-Ann McBride
                July 21, 2006

The team gets very, very sleepy on "Stargate SG-1" (7, 9 p.m., SciFi).

Nap time comes after Daniel (Michael Shanks) finds a gate address that could lead us to a powerful ancient weapon.

Earth is in desperate need of that weapon because we are seriously getting our butts whipped by the Ori. The god-impersonating baddies have invaded several more galaxies and so far there's nothing SG-1 can do about it.

SG-1 travels through the gate and discovers a village in which all the inhabitants died of a mysterious illness.

Unfortunately the team gets infected, too. Despite mainlining caffeine, they become loopy from sleep deprivation and, one by one, the unimportant members of the expedition fall into a deep sleep.

A Starbucks could make so much money on that planet.

Back on Earth, Vala (Claudia Black) undergoes a psychological evaluation to determine if she is fit to join the Stargate Command.

In a typical Vala move, she uses the Internet to cheat on her evaluation. She also tries to use her feminine wiles but is thwarted when her lies are exposed by a pesky polygraph.

Poor Vala. And here I thought she was an outstanding liar.

http://www.abqtrib.com/albq/features...858687,00.html

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                  You know, like when the woman asked if she could walk through things, why she didn't fall through the floor. It's was funny just seeing that [because that kind of stuff doesn't normally occur to me, I just sit back and enjoy], but once I started reading the internet and knew it was a common discussion point, it became hysterical. "Hey! They threw that in for us!" -like all of a sudden I became an "us". haha. Anyway, it added an extra dimension to the joke and I loved it!
                  You never noticed that? I always end up dwelling on it when I watch that kind of an episode.....

Comment

You never noticed that? I always end up dwelling on it when I watch that kind of an episode.....
                    LOL. No, like I said, before the internet, I just watched the shows, I didn't analyze them. Some of the obvious stuff, like, why does everyone speak English, I'd notice but it doesn't bother me because it's better than subtitles or trying to learn a new language every planet. I just accept a lot of stuff for the sake of the enjoyment of the show.

But then, I've been watching scifi since Star Trek The First and I guess I've learned to just accept all the little inpossibilities - and poor makeup and sets! Wait, I also used to watch Lost In Space. Dang, I'm old. And Twilight Zone, but I didn't really consider that SciFi, even though it sometimes had scifi elements.

Comment

I'm glad they're taking the time and not trying to rush the episodes- it'll be worth the wait, the preview looks amazing! I think we're going to be in for one hec of a season (dare I predict possibly one to the best seasons of television ever made?).

Here's the link for anyone who hasn't seen the preview:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohvW6A4aw6E
                      Thanks for the promo link

Comment

Season 10 is going to be a very different kind of season considering
                        the fact that Vala is now a main character,
                        Spoiler:
                        and a member of SG-1.

Spoiler:
                        I can't wait to see how Adria has changed
                        in Episode 7: "Counter-Strike"
                        sigpic

Comment

And I can't wait for tomorrow morning!

BTW, reading the anti-thread I wonder why some people are allowed to be a Mods? With such negativity and hatred?
                          No idea... I don't think they should be, but then that "wouldn't be fair" since you need an equal representation of people who like the current direction the show is going and those that don't.

Yeah, right.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon_06
                            Season 10 is going to be a very different kind of season considering
                            the fact that Vala is now a main character,
                            Spoiler:
                            and a member of SG-1.
                            Actually, you're wrong, Vala is not
                            Spoiler:
                            a member of SG-1, she's with them, but not SG-1 member

Comment

Don't read the Anti-season threads, they're full of angry
                              people.

As for Daniel this season:
                              One thing that was scary about him in "Flesh and Blood"
                              Spoiler:
                              was the fact that he pointed his gun at a little
                              girl. Of course, Adria is an evil character, anyway. Yet still,
                              it makes some disturbing imagery to see him point a gun
                              at a little girl. He even says, "I'm thinking that I should have
                              shot her while I had the chance."
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                                LOL. No, like I said, before the internet, I just watched the shows, I didn't analyze them. Some of the obvious stuff, like, why does everyone speak English, I'd notice but it doesn't bother me because it's better than subtitles or trying to learn a new language every planet. I just accept a lot of stuff for the sake of the enjoyment of the show.

But then, I've been watching scifi since Star Trek The First and I guess I've learned to just accept all the little inpossibilities - and poor makeup and sets! Wait, I also used to watch Lost In Space. Dang, I'm old. And Twilight Zone, but I didn't really consider that SciFi, even though it sometimes had scifi elements.
                                Lol, you're dating yourself.

I forget the whole English thing- it bugged me at first when I started watching Trek after discovering BSG, but it's just sort of imprinted on the brain as something to pay no attention to now and on Stargate it's just a given fact that the entire galaxy (and Pegasus galaxy for that matter), speaks english.

Comment

Working...
                                X