Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farscapefan
    And I can't wait for tomorrow morning!

BTW, reading the anti-thread I wonder why some people are allowed to be a Mods? With such negativity and hatred?
    I think they should be allowed to be negative if that's how they feel, but I know one mod has let [...actively participated in..] a pro-anothercharacter thread to become basically an anti-Mitchell thread, to the point that I don't visit there anymore. I have read entire conversations that are anti-Mitchell and no mention of the character the thread is supposed to be dedicated to.

Oh, well. Not my forum. Not my rules. I just play here.
    Last edited by ChillinTheMost; 21 July 2006, 08:31 AM.

Comment

And I can't wait for tomorrow morning!
      Me too,

D
      (BTW, D is not my name, it's... well, middle name )
      School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
        Just took a jaunt on the dark side... that anti-thread sure is...anti, isn't it?
        Yeah, it's depressing. They're assuming the low ratings are because everyone agrees with them about season 9 being rubbish.

I've watched stargate since the beginning and if I didn't like season 9, I wouldn't be here. And it's always the same flawed arguments too- ''the ratings are down, therefore the show is in trouble, but conveniently forget about the low Atlantis ratings cos we still like Atlantis...''

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
          Yeah, it's depressing. They're assuming the low ratings are because everyone agrees with them about season 9 being rubbish.

I've watched stargate since the beginning and if I didn't like season 9, I wouldn't be here. And it's always the same flawed arguments too- ''the ratings are down, therefore the show is in trouble, but conveniently forget about the low Atlantis ratings cos we still like Atlantis...''
          I liked "Flesh and Blood" much better than "No man's land", although I loved McKay in it, but he is my fav character in Atlantis
          T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

I'm really excited about tonight's episode! I can't wait. It looks like it's going to be a "team" episode, which I'm really looking forward to.

I'm hoping that the ratings that were posted aren't right, but if they are I also hope that tptb that are making any decisions based on ratings are taking into account the repeat airings, not to mention those who have recorded to watch at a later time. Besides that, aren't the Neilson ratings based on a select group of homes that send them what they watch? There has got to be a more reliable way of getting ratings in today's day and age. With the technology we have now?

And someone mentioned a mod posting regularly on the Anti thread? I try to stay away from that thread but I might have to check it out. My question is, if you dont like the show anymore, why even post? Why not just stick to the previous season threads and be happy there? Well, regardless, they have the right to be "anti" if they want. Thats the beauty of free speech *g*

Comment

uh, wow... I just wandered over to the Anti thread to read a few posts and... uh, wow. They really are anti aren't they? Geez.... And they seem to think that they are in the majority? Thats scary.... I can see now what Brad Wright was talking about in the interview he gave to Gateworld.

Anyway, this is Pro thread so:

Is anyone else really looking forward to "200"? I'm excited about it. It sounds like its going to be really great (hillarious with lots of "in" jokes).

Spoiler:
              I'm looking forward to seeing Jack again - as much as I love Mitchell and Vala being on the show, it will be nice to see Jack and Daniel interact again for an episode!

I wonder if Thor might make an appearance in "200"? I miss Thor!

Comment

Originally posted by thothscribe81
                Anyway, this is Pro thread so:

Is anyone else really looking forward to "200"? I'm excited about it. It sounds like its going to be really great (hillarious with lots of "in" jokes).
                Yup, I'm looking forward to "200". Some time ago I watched 100th episode "Wormhole X-treme" and surprisingly I enjoyed it, so I suppose I'm going to enjoy "200" episode too

Comment

Yup, I'm looking forward to "200". Some time ago I watched 100th episode "Wormhole X-treme" and surprisingly I enjoyed it, so I suppose I'm going to enjoy "200" episode too
                  Yeah, I really enjoyed Wormhole X-treme, so I can't wait for 200! I'd love to get a behind the scenes look at shooting that episode! That would have been neat if they had done a behind the scene's thing and aired it as a special right after the show to celebrate 200 episodes!

Comment

Tonight's the night and everything is going to be alright...

I stole that from a song from the 70s, I think, could be 80s.

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe
                      Tonight's the night and everything is going to be alright...

I stole that from a song from the 70s, I think, could be 80s.
                      It's all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey

I've watched stargate since the beginning and if I didn't like season 9, I wouldn't be here. And it's always the same flawed arguments too - ''the ratings are down, therefore the show is in trouble, but conveniently forget about the low Atlantis ratings cos we still like Atlantis...''
                        My oppinion is that SG-1 (and Atlantis) may have had low ratings for 10x01 for a few reasons:
                        - maybe it's Stargate fatigue, Americans (with Sci Fi) got bored of SG-1 like the Americans got bored of Star Trek, maybe;
                        - maybe it's because of Sci Fi decision to dispair the Stargates from BSG
                        - maybe something else the American viewers (with Sci Fi) thought is more on another channels.
                        I don't believe that the ordinary American viewers are being that critical towards SG-1 like the Antis on this forum. Through the exercise of puting down your dislikes makes more harsh. I think that the Antis are really unsatisfied of what they see now in Stargate, but I don't think they throw parties because now (supposedly) SG-1 got bad ratings and prove that they were right and the ratings did fall, exactly as they had predicted. I think they are concerned (a lot longer than us).
                        As for the part of ignoring Atlantis' (then again, supposedly) bad ratings, they could bring the legitimate arguement that it's because of SG-1. (I do not think entirely so)
                        I still am one of those lucky people who still enjoy watching SG-1 and hope will still be for another few seasons.
                        Don't be upset because they are Anti, for they are not as fortunate as us.
                        School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by thothscribe81
                          Yeah, I really enjoyed Wormhole X-treme, so I can't wait for 200! I'd love to get a behind the scenes look at shooting that episode! That would have been neat if they had done a behind the scene's thing and aired it as a special right after the show to celebrate 200 episodes!
                          Actually it's going to be a behind the scenes's special to celebrate 200th episode Just go to www.scifi.com and check August schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
                            - maybe it's because of Sci Fi decision to dispair the Stargates from BSG
                            BSG finished filming season 2 very late last year (I've heard of November even) , so they defiinitely needed longer hiatus. And they started filming season 3 in April as far as I know so it was simply impossible for them to be ready with first episodes for summer's premiere. That's why they start in October.

Comment

BSG finished filming season 2 very late last year (I've heard of November even) , so they defiinitely needed longer hiatus. And they started filming season 3 in April as far as I know so it was simply impossible for them to be ready with first episodes for summer's premiere. That's why they start in October.
                              Everything is as impossible as the suits make it.
                              School is overrated.

Comment

I'm glad they're taking the time and not trying to rush the episodes- it'll be worth the wait, the preview looks amazing! I think we're going to be in for one hec of a season (dare I predict possibly one to the best seasons of television ever made?).

Here's the link for anyone who hasn't seen the preview:
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohvW6A4aw6E

Comment

Working...
                                X