S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farscapefan
    The description of this episode I've read at Sony Board posted by someone who already watched it (a journalist) sounds really great. I can hardly wait to see it
    Today you seem to bring both kind of news: bad and good.
    If you say that that journalist wrote good things about Morpheus... , well if the rating issue proves to be true then after this episode the so speculated (now) low ratings of the season premiere will be soon forgotten and Sci Fi won't take the ratings of 10x01 into account when deciding whether or not to renew SG-1 (I hope they will renew it for S11).
    School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
      Today you seem to bring both kind of news: bad and good.
      If you say that that journalist wrote good things about Morpheus... , well if the rating issue proves to be true then after this episode the so speculated (now) low ratings of the season premiere will be soon forgotten and Sci Fi won't take the ratings of 10x01 into account when deciding whether or not to renew SG-1 (I hope they will renew it for S11).
      That journalist I'm talking about is a great fan of the show (Michael Shanks in particular) and posts at Sony Board quite often (not sure about GW). She just told us what the episode is about, more or less, revealed a few scenes and what she said sounds really promising
      T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

That journalist I'm talking about is a great fan of the show (Michael Shanks in particular) and posts at Sony Board quite often (not sure about GW). She just told us what the episode is about, more or less, revealed a few scenes and what she said sounds really promising
        Only one day left, give or take (ok, give).
        School is overrated.

Comment

Only one day left, give or take (ok, give).
          For us (I'm also in Europe) slightly longer, I'll see Morpheus on Saturday

Comment

For us (I'm also in Europe) slightly longer, I'll see Morpheus on Saturday
            Smells like... I can't say that, but you know what I am refering at.
            School is overrated.

Comment

Teen spirit?
              Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
              Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
              -Audioslave

Comment

The infamous D word?

Comment

Originally posted by full.infinity
                  Teen spirit?
                  You are on the "right" track.
                  School is overrated.

Comment

The infamous D word?
                    You sound like Anubis' first prime: Ahhh, the infamous SG-1; ok, not that infamous as the ugly D.
                    School is overrated.

Comment

You sound like Anubis' first prime: Ahhh, the infamous SG-1; ok, not that infamous as the ugly D.
                      Why ugly? This way having the episodes on my hard drive I can watch them over and over and over and over again Until I lay my hands on season 10 DVDs next year

Comment

Why ugly? This way having the episodes on my hard drive I can watch them over and over and over and over again Until I lay my hands on season 10 DVDs next year
                        ...or until the cops show up at your doorstep and book you. Here is a verrrrry ugly word, dirty even and could end up in a jail.
                        School is overrated.

Comment

...or until the cops show up at your doorstep and book you. Here is a verrrrry ugly word, dirty even and could end up in a jail.
                          The first person to arrest would be the one AMERICAN who is making the D word possible.

Comment

I have really enjoyed the new direction Stargate is taking, however I am very distressed at the ratings for the shows. If the ratings stay the same I fear that the shows eill be cancelled. I will be very upset if this happens. I am not ready for the shows to end but i hope the writers are prepared for this fact and end the show well if the ratings stay where they are. If they don't rise above 1.4 I fear our favorite show will be dropped. Lets all pray that this is not the case and keep our show on the air.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                              I have really enjoyed the new direction Stargate is taking, however I am very distressed at the ratings for the shows. If the ratings stay the same I fear that the shows eill be cancelled. I will be very upset if this happens. I am not ready for the shows to end but i hope the writers are prepared for this fact and end the show well if the ratings stay where they are. If they don't rise above 1.4 I fear our favorite show will be dropped. Lets all pray that this is not the case and keep our show on the air.
                              With such an international support (remember, over 120 millions people watches the show all around the world) I doubt they will have the courage to cancel it. It would only prove how small minded people they are. There should be international boycott of everything else produced by SciFi channel. BTW, I've read somewhere that the new owner/president of Showtime would love to have Stargate SG-1 back on his channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                                How do you think I felt when I herd they cancelled:
                                Farscape
                                Firefly
                                Enterprise
                                Surface
                                Invasion?
                                And when I say "they" I mean "the suits", those ba5tard5.
                                With such an international support (remember, over 120 millions people watches the show all around the world) I doubt they will have the courage to cancel it. It would only prove how small minded people they are. There should be international boycott of everything else produced by SciFi channel. BTW, I've read somewhere that the new owner/president of Showtime would love to have Stargate SG-1 back on his channel.
                                Like I said in another thread: I could live for the next 5 years if Sci Fi ping-pongs SG-1 back to Showtime, maybe the Showtime's president's eagerness to have back SG-1 would make the Sci Fi suits realise that SG-1 is still a cow to be milked.
                                Last edited by The Engineer; 20 July 2006, 02:41 PM.
                                School is overrated.

Comment

Working...
                                X