Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand why there are so many doom-sayers. Yes, S9 feels a little weighed-down. Aside from the Vala-Daniel bantering and a little fun dialogue on the part of Mitchell, we've been sort of starved for the kind of humor that made us fall in love with the show. But be patient. The show is going through a big swing in plot and the cast is practically brand-new. They just need to get some exposition out of the way and get their rhythms in place and they'll be back where they were in no time.

Imagine a man and a woman who go out on a couple of dates. The third one is almost perfect. The conversation is easy and fun and thought-provoking. They talk about everything from books and music to space travel and religion and they connect really well with each other. On top of that, the sparks fly. At the end of the date, they make love. It's not as perfect as the date was. In the middle of everything, the guy bumps his head on the bedboard hard enough that he has to stop and lay down and recover. He laughs about it, but the woman is less than amused. The romantic mood has died. The perfection of the date has ended. She tells him to pack up his stuff and go home.

Those who claim that SG1 is going down the tubes right now remind me a lot of the woman in that little fable. So we've hit a bump. It's unavoidable. A major turning point has been reached, and the show is going to have to adjust to the changes.
    Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.

Comment

Originally posted by rohannen of zorbia
      I don't understand why there are so many doom-sayers. Yes, S9 feels a little weighed-down. Aside from the Vala-Daniel bantering and a little fun dialogue on the part of Mitchell, we've been sort of starved for the kind of humor that made us fall in love with the show. But be patient. The show is going through a big swing in plot and the cast is practically brand-new. They just need to get some exposition out of the way and get their rhythms in place and they'll be back where they were in no time.

Imagine a man and a woman who go out on a couple of dates. The third one is almost perfect. The conversation is easy and fun and thought-provoking. They talk about everything from books and music to space travel and religion and they connect really well with each other. On top of that, the sparks fly. At the end of the date, they make love. It's not as perfect as the date was. In the middle of everything, the guy bumps his head on the bedboard hard enough that he has to stop and lay down and recover. He laughs about it, but the woman is less than amused. The romantic mood has died. The perfection of the date has ended. She tells him to pack up his stuff and go home.

Those who claim that SG1 is going down the tubes right now remind me a lot of the woman in that little fable. So we've hit a bump. It's unavoidable. A major turning point has been reached, and the show is going to have to adjust to the changes.
      1st welcome to the forum there or still alot of us the still do love stargate
      carter "colone?"
      o'neill "it,s my side arm, i swear. no giggling."

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. And good for us.
        Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.

Comment

Originally posted by starathena74
          1st welcome to the forum there or still alot of us the still do love stargate
          That's for sure. Lots of us gaters are still elated that there's going to be a season 10! Does the Happy Dance
          Hero worship is only a part time job

Comment

I would have to vote no. The show has lost whatever magic it used to have. Atlantis is a weak show, and in turn it has weakened the main show SG-1. It is just not that much fun to watch anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by bluestrike
              I would have to vote no. The show has lost whatever magic it used to have. Atlantis is a weak show, and in turn it has weakened the main show SG-1. It is just not that much fun to watch anymore.

Whatever! u just dont have a brain anymore do ya? huh? HUH???

sorry my grandpa died last friday and i looked at his dead body a few minuets ago so ya the night feels strange and i am NOT happy! everything around me is "collapsing" all around me and i am HATEING it!!!!!!!!!!!

This pic was made by the Hyper-Intelligent being known as.....Metarock Sam!

Spoiler:

This fabulous sig made by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel

Comment

Originally posted by skritsys
                Bullwinkle: Hey Rocky, watch me pull a Stargate out of my hat!
                LOL!

Seriously, I agree with those of y'all who have said that we need to give the new cast (and the writers dealing with said cast) a chance. This is waaay different when Michael Shanks left for a year. That was only one cast member. This year it we have Ben Browder, Beau Bridges, with the addition of Louis Gosset (sp?) and Lexa Doig. That's FOUR people. Not counting Vala who was from last season.
                So...you have four new cast members, plus the fact that Amanda Tapping was off being a mom (congrats Amanda!) for the first part of the season..you've got one weird season going for all involved. I see a lot of potential in the Orii as villians, and potential of the new SG1 as a group. Give them til the end of this season to make your final judgements, but for me personally, I hope this show keeps going. It's truely one of the few good shows left on TV.

IMHO

See the Clips | IMDB site | Official Site
                ---------------------------------------------
                ---------------------------------------------
                Proud Rodney McKay Thunker | Proud Jayne Cobb Thunker | Keeper of the M.A.L.P.-on-a-Stick

Comment

OK now that I have seen more of the season: THERE WILL BE A SEASON 10 OR ELSE!!! IN FACT I'M TEMPTED TO SAY THAT IF THERE ISN'T I WILL KILL THE PEOPLE WHO CHOSE NOT TO CONTINUE WITH IT!!! But I'm not that sadistic.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177
                    OK now that I have seen more of the season: THERE WILL BE A SEASON 10 OR ELSE!!! IN FACT I'M TEMPTED TO SAY THAT IF THERE ISN'T I WILL KILL THE PEOPLE WHO CHOSE NOT TO CONTINUE WITH IT!!! But I'm not that sadistic.

Uuuuhhh dude.....there IS a season 10 of SG1.....didnt u look at the news on the GateWorld Home Page?

This pic was made by the Hyper-Intelligent being known as.....Metarock Sam!

Spoiler:

This fabulous sig made by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel

Comment

but of course
                      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by rohannen of zorbia
                        Thanks for the welcome. And good for us.
                        any time us gatehead need to stick togetther lol
                        carter "colone?"

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCat...Gater
                          That's for sure. Lots of us gaters are still elated that there's going to be a season 10! Does the Happy Dance
                          yes im still doing the happy dance btw dance with me im so happy about season 10
                          carter "colone?"

Comment

Originally posted by bluestrike
                            welcome to the forum
                            carter "colone?"

Comment

Originally posted by orii7
                              Whatever! u just dont have a brain anymore do ya? huh? HUH???

sorry my grandpa died last friday and i looked at his dead body a few minuets ago so ya the night feels strange and i am NOT happy! everything around me is "collapsing" all around me and i am HATEING it!!!!!!!!!!!
                              if u ever need to talk im here i know the feeling
                              carter "colone?"

Comment

Originally posted by orii7
                                Uuuuhhh dude.....there IS a season 10 of SG1.....
                                Ahh, I just can't help but smile every time I'm reminded of that fact. I hope this Season 10 renewal is just the beginning.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X