Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think Amanda would want to leave. I do think that Scifi would replace her if they could get someone who they thought was "sexy and fun" (AKA slutty and useless). I have no faith in the SciFi exects, IMHO they turn the show into a version of their Saturday night movie if they were given half a chance. So far TPTB have held them off, but sadly Im not sure how much longer that can last.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
      So far TPTB have held them off, but sadly Im not sure how much longer that can last.
      Hey, come on, hopefully they can keep it up for at least a few more seasons. They just need to keep beating them off with their pointy sticks.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I think if it's to have a season 10 depends on the replays. If what we are seeing (replays), doesn't do well ratings-wise, then Skiffy may not continue
        with the series.

And if I understand, they decide usually around early to mid November, when most or if not all replays are done.

Just MO. Of course

Comment

Well...I'm going to be a lemming and agree. I'm looking forward to more SG-1, SG-A...and I don't care what it does to BSG...I think BSG was better when it was campy in the 70s! So...here's to a season 10 of SG-1!!!!!
          sigpic

Comment

I hope all three Friday night shows continue on next season. And beyond that, actually. It would be a real shame to lose any one of those three shows. Long live Stargate!!
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
              Well...I'm going to be a lemming and agree. I'm looking forward to more SG-1, SG-A...and I don't care what it does to BSG...I think BSG was better when it was campy in the 70s! So...here's to a season 10 of SG-1!!!!!
              I agree about BSG, I wanted to give a chance, but one day I sat down all day and watched season one, don't like how its so... OC in space.

Comment

OC in space, LOL!
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

It seems to me that this discussion is moot anyway. Creation has just announced that set tours will definitely be part of the schedule at the Vancouver convention next March. This immediately says to me that the sets will stay up and work will have begun on Season 10 by next March. (I think they start production on new seasons at the end of February, 2006 and the con is scheduled for March 23-25, 2006.) Otherwise the sets would be torn down and the studio space rented to a new production by then. So a Season 10 seems incredibly likely to me.

Comment

I really like SG-1, but I sincerely hope that they end the show before they are forced to by horrible ratings. Theres no need to drive it into the dust before moving on.
                    The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

OC in space? Woah....it's obviouse you have never seen the OC.

The OC = pure garbage
                      BSG = Well, not.
                      Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Originally posted by helio9
                        I really like SG-1, but I sincerely hope that they end the show before they are forced to by horrible ratings. Theres no need to drive it into the dust before moving on.
                        The thing is, this show is far from it's end. Have you seen the average ratings so far? A 2.0 average for the first ten eps sounds decent to me. What you're concerned with may not come to pass for many more seasons, if then.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I hope you're right, I'd hate to see it end because they were forced, and not because it was planned. What I'm saying is, they should end it before they see the rating plummet. Leave fans with fond memories...it's better than the alternative.
                          The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                            OC in space, LOL!
                            That was such a freakin' funny call, and accurate too! . LMAO

Capt

Comment

YAH the ratings have been really good, and i thought sci-fi friday was on the top 10 for US series on the networks for most viewers.

that just happend i thought.

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

I agree. I don't want the show to lose quality and fade into nothing, but I don't feel that the show is in any danger right now.

I am enjoying Season 9, and I find it to be one of the better seasons. I find it amusing that a few fans are suffering from seasonal amnesia when they disparage Season 9. The writers always hide the best episodes at the end, but the epidsodes are grand thanks to all of the excellent previous episodes. If Prototype and Fourth Horseman are the writers way of getting started, it will be a great season. Season 9 can only be truly judged when it is finished. For example, Season 7 was a good year, but the mid Season finale, Evolution Part 1, was awful. However, the end of the season made up for that particular episode, and overall, the season was fantastic.

I think many people just want a reason to whine. If they had ended SG-1, poor SGA, which I enjoy, would hear endless complaints of "It just isn't SG-1." People need something to whine about, and this season hasn't been bad. Frankly, Season 6 was the low point of SG-1 for me. Thankfully, the show rebounded and is now matching the quality of former Seasons. Prototype could easily compete with Need, WoO, or the pilot as my favorite episode.
                                "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Working...
                                X