Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Vala in season 10 (spoilers & speculation for S9)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too bad you didn't have an -

*i'm just sick of the character, the storyline, and the topic.

now *that's* what i'd vote for at this specific time.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

I would only like to see her every few episodes.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        I suppose I could have made it something like "Yes, and I don't give a frell who gets kicked off the show just as long as Vala stays ON it!" but I figured I'd let people say that for themselves.
        Okay, I'm a bit confused. We have 27 people who have voted for she rocks, and this choice IMPLIES having Vala as a regular even at the expense of losing a main character, yet it looks like most people who picked this choice have not made any comments about their choice?

So, this could be because they didn't interpret the first choice like you had presumed they would, or they really feel this way, or they would feel differently depending on the character being replaced?

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          too bad you didn't have an -

*i'm just sick of the character, the storyline, and the topic.

now *that's* what i'd vote for at this specific time.

sally
          ^^ what she's said.. but since it's a poll. I guess I can stand Vala in small doses (like SueKay said in P/U) but actually now, the smaller the dose the better... like maybe 10 second (like the opening theme) ? then half season throw that idea (i.e her) entirely.
          sigpic
          sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
            Okay, I'm a bit confused. We have 27 people who have voted for she rocks, and this choice IMPLIES having Vala as a regular even at the expense of losing a main character, yet it looks like most people who picked this choice have not made any comments about their choice?

So, this could be because they didn't interpret the first choice like you had presumed they would, or they really feel this way, or they would feel differently depending on the character being replaced?
            Exactly! And I object to way Anti-Vala fans are 'interpreting' other peoples votes to suit themselves. I voted 'Yes Vala Rocks' but it doesn't as mean at the expense of other another character.

(1) I voted that she rocks because that's how I feel about her - I think she's a great addition who brings new energy to the show. So that choice best expresses my feelings.

(2) I don't think there's a danger of her replacing another character (UNLESS one of the other actors actually wants to leave) so that choice was irrelevant to me. I think a lot of Sam fans are afraid she might replace Sam - not gonna happen as long as AT is still onboard. Sam and Vala are complementary, not mutually exclusive.

(3) I wouldn't object if Vala were to replace Mitchell - I think Sam, Vala, Daniel and Teal'c would be a great combination (although I'm resigned to the fact it would be insufficiently 'military' so probably never gonna happen).

(3) There's no real reason why they couldn't have a team of 5 - as I see it, JM's comment was an attempt to deal gently with a problematic issue (Jonas) rather than a statement of policy set in stone for TV eternity.
            Last edited by Piratejenna; 10 September 2005, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Piratejenna
              Exactly! And I object to way Anti-Vala fans are 'interpreting' other peoples votes to suit themselves. I voted 'Yes Vala Rocks' but it doesn't as mean at the expense of other another character.

(1) I voted that she rocks because that's how I feel about her - I think she's a great addition who brings new energy to the show. So that choice best expresses my feelings.

(2) I don't think there's a danger of her replacing another character (UNLESS one of the other actors actually wants to leave) so that choice was irrelevant to me. I think a lot of Sam fans are afraid she might replace Sam - not gonna happen as long as AT is still onboard. Sam and Vala are complementary, not mutually exclusive.

(3) I wouldn't object if Vala were to replace Mitchell - I think Sam, Vala, Daniel and Teal'c would be a great combination (although I'm resigned to the fact it would be insufficiently 'military' so probably never gonna happen).

(3) There's no real reason why they couldn't have a team of 5 - as I see it, JM's comment was an attempt to deal gently with a problematic issue (Jonas) rather than a statement of policy set in stone for TV eternity.
              E X A C T L Y!!!

Comment

YES! Vala rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by Piratejenna

I object to being labeled Anti-Vala because someone elses interpretation does not agree with my interpretation.

There are two options for yes
                  1) YES! Vala rocks!

2) Yes, as long as it isn't at the expense of someone else on the team.

Therefore if 2 is "Yes please bring her back as long as it is not at the expense of someone else on the team then 1 (one would assume) means yes bring her back no matter what. And since you stated that "I wouldn't object if Vala were to replace Mitchell" then I guess selecting 1 was the correct choice for you which is fine. You are allowed to make whatever choice you want. However, just because I mention that is the choice you made is no reason to start labeling and name calling.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I really, sincerely thought it was obvious and even BLATANT that, by having two "Yes" options, one of which says "not at the expense of someone else" that it would imply that the OTHER "Yes" meant "regardless of anyone else who might be lost in the process". Or, perhaps, "Vala rocks no matter what happens to everyone else".

But whatever. Results are remarkably close and they more or less confirm the feeling I've been getting that Vala will be a significant part of season 10, should it happen.

Personally, I think Amanda will call it quits (kudos to her if she does) and CB will be brought in to "replace" her.

Comment

I love Vala but if she became I would hate her…she would drive me nuts. Small doses is good for her character. If she did become a main she would have to be toned down to prevent me from going nuts, but I would hate that. I’d rather have her not toned down in small doses than toned down as a main. And I would hate to have her not toned down as a main……if that make any sense at all.

Comment

However, if you can think of a way for her to be main without being on the team, feel free to explain.
                        LOL, how 'bout in the brig for stealing Promethius??? I'd love to see Daniel pinch her head on the video monitor screen again....

Seriously, I started to like her in Beachhead, I thought she worked well with the other characters and the entire show did not warp around her like it seemed to in the earlier eps. She IS incredibly 'street-smart' and the SGC could use some of that, but as a main character...no thanks. Recurring every once in a while like Jacob, perhaps; but as others have already said, only if they develop her character and make her interesting instead of the Deliverer of Innuendo. I thought her contributions in Beachhead started to do that. I would like to see her and Daniel have a less antagonistic relationship - THAT was getting REAL old REAL fast, and IMHO, Daniel is above that.

Furthermore, we are still getting to know Mitchell, Landry and Lam; new baddies, new Jaffa warriors, the whole Free Jaffa political deal, etc. and I would hate to miss out on these developments just to have more Vala.
                        If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                        proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                        Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

I love Vala, but I think she would be better appreciated as a recurring character than a regular. With about the same frequency as Bratak or Jacob Carter we would still keep up with her story and get to know her character, but we wouldn't be saturated with her.
                          It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Personally, I think Amanda will call it quits (kudos to her if she does) and CB will be brought in to "replace" her.
                            Considering that, in her most recent interview, she said she'd like to stay on the show as long as it runs, it would come as a huge surprise if she didn't re-up for S10. That is, unless she "quit" in the same way that MS did after S5 (i.e., basically pushed off the show). I won't say I haven't been dreading this since P.U., namely that a move would be afoot to run AT off the show in hopes of luring the Black fandom in its place. In my gut, I've known all along it would come to this.
                            At least we can be thankful that, if they had to bring RDA's replacement in from another Sci-Fi show, that they went with Ben Browder and not, oh, Kevin Sorbo.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

WTF? - Vala replace Sam - Thats like saying get Hulk Hogan to replace Daniel
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

I voted for the "small doses" catagory. I think I said this already in another thread, but here goes--Vala to me is like the loud, sweetly obnoxious drunk at the party-she's funny and intriging for awhile, then she starts to grate on your nerves.

Comment

Working...
                                X