X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i really liked this episode.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Great ep, only thing is as someone's already mentioned why the hassle about sacrificing one earth to save another surely they could of sent Daniel to the alpha site and he could of dialled the planet with the mirror from there oh well small nit pick.

Awesome set up for the season finale one of the few oh my god we are so screwed moments in stargate!
      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Here is what my opinion was as I recently watched the episode:

When Daniel activates the mirror, you just knew he wanted to know what it did. He curiousity just had the better of him.

As Daniel tries to explain who he is and what he knows, I seemed to feel frustrated right along with him, even though we know what has actually happened. Even when he was explaining what happened, each character took forever just to figure out what had actually happened.

Even though I have now watched this episode three times, it was still interesting to see how each character acted, and what their roles were if Stargate Command was different. Somethings lead to what did eventually happen in the series – Jack became General. We also saw what we have been wanting to happen with the characters – Jack and Sam fall in love and get engaged.

Don't Worry About The World Ending. It Is Already Tomorrow In Australia.

Comment

I think this is one of the best episodes of Season 1, theres drama, sci-fi, action and suspense. that bit at the end when the Jaffa are invading the SGC as the gate is dialing out with daniel standing there as teal'c walks in has me on the edge of my seat every time...

The whole "were all in very big trouble...they're coming...they're coming" is just the best...

Comment

Originally posted by SerpentGuard View Post
            I think this is one of the best episodes of Season 1, theres drama, sci-fi, action and suspense. that bit at the end when the Jaffa are invading the SGC as the gate is dialing out with daniel standing there as teal'c walks in has me on the edge of my seat every time...

The whole "were all in very big trouble...they're coming...they're coming" is just the best...
            Of all his eariler episodes, i feel this was one of daniels stronger ones.. And i loved it, that of all people, it was cathrine who was his first believer..

Comment

SEASON 1 this is season 1 and already we're in alternate realities holy crap i mean what an awesome episode the whole idea is just crazy i love how all the characters in the alternate world are so different and i think it's really nice that the one lady is working at the sgc in the other world if you love sci-fi this is one of the most sci-fi gate episodes in the whole series

Comment

Brilliant episode! The alternate reality is so fascinating in itself, but it provides a good tool for the producers to show what a gou'ald invasion would be like, without sacrificing "our" reality. The sense of impending doom and seriousness of the danger is very well done (because they really do get wiped out this time!)
                I like how it shows the key decisions that made the difference (mainly Daniel's input) to the fate of the world. Also, scary to think that Daniel's visit to the alternate reality, and the gate coordinates he acquired, were the only thing that saved OUR reality.

Comment

One thing I guess we shouldn't ask is who made the mirror? It raises more confusing questions, because of the way it works: You are transported from one mirror to another, ok, but how did the creators of the mirror manage to build a mirror in another reality, because they cant get to the other reality until the mirror is built?
                  I guess it's better not to think too deeply about it, and just accept it as an awesomely good episode.

Comment

That is one of the questions i would LOVE to see answered either in SGA or in the new series.

Comment

Originally posted by First View Post
                      One thing I guess we shouldn't ask is who made the mirror? It raises more confusing questions, because of the way it works: You are transported from one mirror to another, ok, but how did the creators of the mirror manage to build a mirror in another reality, because they cant get to the other reality until the mirror is built?
                      I guess it's better not to think too deeply about it, and just accept it as an awesomely good episode.
                      easy, it was a race of trans-dimensional beings who can simultaneously exist inbetween all of the variou quantum realities, and their technology reflects t his. The mirror is like an intersection between their plane of reality and ours - all of ours! Every physical quantum universe is connected by their mirror(s).

I for one was sad we never saw this again, or another one. Though it did make sense for the characters to decide to destroy it. My second favorite SG-1 episode of all time, just behind Maternal Instinct. But definitely the first one that made me go... oooooh okay, yeah, Stargate! Three is Torment of Tantalus since I'm listing.

I too would love to see an official story about the race who made them though.

Comment

Originally posted by langdonboom View Post
                        easy, it was a race of trans-dimensional beings who can simultaneously exist inbetween all of the variou quantum realities,
                        That seems to be the only logical possibility. Although I don't know why trans-dimensional beings would actually need the mirror. But then again, we can walk from point A to point B, yet we still invent machines to transport us from point A to point B. So it makes sense.

Comment

Excellent episode. Probably in my top 2 from season 1. This is one of the very few episodes from season 1 that can actually give me an adrenaline rush. My heart beats a little faster at some scenes. There's something to be said when you see a main character die versus some no name faceless canon fodder, even if it is in an alternate universe.

As for Hammond being a Colonel, my thinking is that when his wife died of cancer, he took an extended leave from the service which delayed his moving up the ranks in the AU.

Comment

I don't understand, why did our Daniel have to dial from the Earth gate? Couldn't he have simply went to the alpha site, then dialed to the planet with the Quantum Mirror from there? Perhaps waited until the evacuation of that world was complete? Can you say, "Impatient"?

Comment

He was impatient, cause he did not know how long he had to wait until the Gou'ald attacked in our realm.

Comment

Anyone else catch Hammond saying "Voyager is on route" ? Sounds like the alternate reality Earth that Daniel went to already has ships.

Comment

Working...
                                X