There But For the Grace of God (119)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L E E View Post
    Wow. A bomb-happy Jack. Long-haired Sam engaged to Jack. Teal'c has hair! No wonder Dannyboy was so confused.

I enjoyed this episode. I was hoping for a happy ending for the alternate world. So was Daniel. I wonder what the alternate SGC did to really piss off the snakeheads?

I wonder if alternate Jack did not bomb Chulak, would alternate Teal'c have given them a chance?

At first I was irritated at Danny for not listening to Jack, but then I realised that it must be fate because now he ended up knowing about the strong possibility of a goauld attack.

I can't wait for the next ep!
    I wouldn't say that Daniel was confused because of the factors you mentioned, but rather because nobody knew who he was and how he came through the gate. That's what would have confused me anyways. As for how "they pissed off the snake heads", I think it was demonstrated in how they sent a bomb to Chulak as soon as they got the address. Their reality was negligent in attempting to understand the plight of the Jaffa and the reasons for why the Goa'uld are the way they are. We made them just as mad as the other universe did however it came down to the fact that we were more skilled observers. I am not sure if Teal'c would have given Jack a chance, however if they wouldn't have bombed Chulak the Mothership wouldn't have been drawn to the SGC so quickly.

I think it was mainly Daniel Jacksons involvement in our realities SGC that allowed us to thwart the Goa'uld so early on. Not only because he got that intail, but because he led us to Chulak and Teal'c. I also think that it is his question everything mentality that makes him a key part of our survival.
    sigpic

Comment

I thought that the alternate Earth was already under attack even before alternate SGC bombed Chulak? So I don't think it's bombing Chulak that caused the attack.

Comment

I thought that the alternate Earth was already under attack even before alternate SGC bombed Chulak? So I don't think it's bombing Chulak that caused the attack.
        Yes, you are correct the attack had begun on Earth before they had bombed Chulak. However directly after they bombed Chulak a mother ship attacked the SGC. There is some cross talk between them about how if they hadn't bombed Chulak they would of had more time to get people out and the Goa'uld wouldn't be blocking their escape by dialing in to Earth.
        sigpic

Comment

What happened to walter in this episode? last time we saw him he was shooting some jaffa before he ran off.

1 of 3 things could have happened to him

1 he was killed by a jaffa while trying to escape.

2 he managed to escape via the ladders leading to the surface

3 he was killed when the self destruct went off

i'd say it was 3 but anything could have happened to him.
          Last edited by generaloneill; 22 July 2008, 07:12 AM.

Comment

I love alternate reality and travelling back in time episodes so naturally this one is one of my favourites of the season.

I'm not sure if it has already been mentioned in this thread, probably has but in the briefing/conference room the sign wasn't SGC but SGA. I wonder what A stands for. Alliance maybe?

I noticed one girl in the air force blue I wonder if that was a deliberate or a mistake just everyone else was in different uniform.

Michael did some fantastic acting in this episode and it really helps to set-up for a great season finale, really looking forward to see the ending.

Good to see Catherine back and I like that mounted staff weapon Teal'c was using, just bigger and more powerful I guess.

Jack and Sam together, probably just goes to show if it wasn't for them both being in the air force at the same posting they might be together.

Originally posted by captain jake
            Does anybody have any theories about who it came from? Or for that matter how they got it?
            Maybe they established an Alpha site earlier on in their gate travel and their satellites there picked it up. Or maybe one of their allies and passed it on, however this reality doesn't strike me as having many if any allies but you never know. At least that's my thought on it.

As for Walter generaloneill, I think he died in the destruction.

Stargate SG-1 Re-Watch: Season 1, 2, 3

Comment

Another good acting job by MS with several interesting twists in the alternate reality. I hated seeing the other earth get conquered but I guess nothings perfect. It's a very high quality ep though

Comment

Sam/Jack shippy-ness and Teal'c-of-the-scary!hair. Ain't AU fun?

MS does a fantastic job in this episode. Sam sacrifices herself with Daniel's grenade. Teal'c shoots Daniel (can't blame him, they just blew his family all to heck).

This is a great setup to the 4-episode arc. There were some /handwaves here, like the Goa'uld are attacking from the same place & the folks on P3-whatever with the mirror know about it ~ huh? Still loved it.

Comment

Great Ep Alternate Realities are always intresting.. and OMG Teal'Cs hair scares me.. I think it would of made the series more intresting if Catherine was part of the program along with Ernest. And WTF Jack sending a bomb to Chulak.. That dosen't sound like Jack but it's an Alternate Realitie so.

Comment

Alternate Reality episodes are fun, and I like this one very much. Full of action, suspense and a bit of tenderness.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I really like this episode; I think it's the best I've seen yet. (I'm seeing SG-1 for the first time, starting with Season One.)

Originally posted by Vhladynineer View Post
                      1. How on earth where they able to have a Stargate program without having Daniel on the team or having ever visited Abydos? The cartouche data with all the possible gate addresses and the point of origin in Abydos is located far far away from the gate and without the interaction with the Abydonians, they would have never gotten the information.
                      I think AlternateCatherine explained that she deciphered at least one gate address. Perhaps her team encountered an equivalent of Abydos' Rosetta Stone on some other world.

Comment

I wonder what the alternate SGC did to really piss off the snakeheads?
                        I would love to know that too. I would guess that without a Jaffa on their side, teaching them Goa'uld culture and telling them where to tread carefully, the alternate Stargate teams probably stepped on a lot more toes, by accident, than our own did. If true, this would prove how important Teal'c's defection was.

Comment

i agree that teal'c was very important and with out him the team in the alternate sgc most probably stepped on toes and most probably made bad divisions like blowing up teal'c's home. i also believe without danial in the program that some of the things he did like staying behind on abidose (sorry for spelling) and not allowing it to get blown up, marring his wife losing her when she became a host may have made a diffrence to the alternate world.
                          sigpic

Comment

So why didn't Daniel use his video camera to record the alternate reality? The video obviously survives since he was able to show the AU crew what his universe looks like. I think it would have been a lot easier to explain what happened to the people in his reality when he got back. Anyways, I just re-watched the episode and I was curious on why he didn't do it.
                            sigpic

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/brettsuddreth

Comment

So why didn't Daniel use his video camera to record the alternate reality? The video obviously survives since he was able to show the AU crew what his universe looks like. I think it would have been a lot easier to explain what happened to the people in his reality when he got back. Anyways, I just re-watched the episode and I was curious on why he didn't do it.
                              Good question. In 1997, did video cameras record onto tape? Maybe he didn't have any left... And he was kind of busy with the imminent invasion.

Comment

Probably still tape. Micro Cassettes or whatever they were called. So you are right, he may have used it all up before he got the the alternate reality.
                                sigpic

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/brettsuddreth

Comment

Working...
                                X