There But For the Grace of God (119)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Oh, and he mentioned that whole corona thing in 1969... he didn't initially bought the telescope to look at the neighbors, remember.
    But it's a perk!
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Oh, and he mentioned that whole corona thing in 1969... he didn't initially bought the telescope to look at the neighbors, remember.

Comment

Jack knows what an acretion (sp?) disk is.

Comment

JEALOUS

Comment

My favorite Alternative Universe episode. However some things are too convenient, as the timing of the event, Daniel bringing camera to the planet...

Comment

Have you watched television? Everything is convenient
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                truth

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Yep it's hard to make coincidence seem like a coincidence on tv..

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                  "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                  a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Good episode. One of my faves from season 1. The mirror should have been the first thing that Daniel thought about when everything went wrong. He should have been like, "Only crazy thing that happened today was the shock I got from the mirror. Aha!" Kind of took him way to long to figure it out. But that's just a minor gripe. Good episode though. 3 out of 5 stars.
                    Last edited by ngewakl; 10 February 2015, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Yeah. I liked the episode, but it took far too long for them to understand what was going on...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ngewakl View Post
                        Good episode. One of my faves from season 1. The mirror should have been the first thing that Daniel thought about when everything went wrong. He should have been like, "Only crazy thing that happened today was the shock I got from the mirror. Aha!" Kind of took him way to long to figure it out. But that's just a minor gripe. Good episode though. 3 out of 5 stars.
                        But had he returned right away, do you think we would have gotten the same sort of warning, and great ep as we did?

Comment

I think the writers did their best to make their coincidences look like coincidences, don't you agree?

Anja
                          CARPE DIEM
                          ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                            I think the writers did their best to make their coincidences look like coincidences, don't you agree?

Anja
                            as much as they could, I guess... I've been writing and have been trying to work out how to make a coincidence seem like a coincidence, but it can be harder than it sounds to put in things that need to be there without people picking them up...sometimes you need people to notice them too though...in my opinion.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                            "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                            a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

This is one of my most favorite episodes. I always loved "What if" stories and this ep is like straight from a good fanfic author. It shows that writers really put a thought into it.

It`s interesting to see all the changes in AU. I wonder what made Daniel rudely decline Catherine`s offer, but he was probably thinking she was mocking him. Also seeing the whole impact his not joining SGC had. He would never wander off on Abidos and they probably wouldn`t meet Abidonians, or if they had, wouldn`t spend the time with them. They wouldn`t go to rescue Sha're and meet Teal'c, so SGC would have looked totally different.

It`s funny, but until this episode the idea of Jack and Sam didn`t even cross my mind. Admittedly I skipped first ten episodes so didn`t see that they were toying with it at the beginning, but later in the season I liked their strong and professional relationship. This episode gave me a pause and I realized they work great together on personal level too. And the face when Daniel found out was priceless. He looked like he snuck up on his parents.

Another interesting thing was to see how Daniel softens the team, especially Jack. In our reality Sam can`t do that because she is his subordinate, in their reality their relationship was quite new besides I think she had to work hard to keep respect of others, So Daniel really was perfect to opose Jack and keep him morally on higher ground. So maybe if he got there sooner, he would be able to convince him not to send a bomb on Chulack, Teal'c would convert and planet would be saved, even with casualties.

I think it was pretty amazing they were able to put all of this and more into 45 minutes. Thus for me one of the best written episode.

Originally Posted by AsgardGirl
                              My favorite Alternative Universe episode. However some things are too convenient, as the timing of the event, Daniel bringing camera to the planet...
                              Daniel had his camera several times. For example in Torment of Tantalus. Scientists like to document their findings.

Comment

Plus iirc wasn't he taking PICS f stuff just before he found that mirror?

Comment

Working...
                                X