No announcement yet.

There But For the Grace of God (119)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they probably "forgot" to destroy it... again.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Ripple Effect in S9 seems to apply they destroyed it
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I haven't gotten that far yet... so I can't really remember.

Comment

I've just rewatched it again, and I've noticed some bad editing today. Just after the 38 minutes pass and they start dialing the gate again for the Beta site, they encoded 2nd chevron and it is... *drum roll* Terran point of origin FP
          Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vagabond Serpent View Post
            I've just rewatched it again, and I've noticed some bad editing today. Just after the 38 minutes pass and they start dialing the gate again for the Beta site, they encoded 2nd chevron and it is... *drum roll* Terran point of origin FP
            There was often poor editing as regards the dialing computer in the first two seasons and into the third. They always seemed to use the Chulak and Abydos addresses to represent practically every planet.
            Eugene V. Debs (1855-1926)

I have no country to fight for. My country is the Earth. I am a citizen of the world.

When great changes occur in history, when great principles are involved, as a rule the majority are wrong.

Comment

Yet they would still alter a symbol or two, making it sort of same sector of the Galaxy, different star system. But they've never before let the point of origin slip into the address proper. That's the amount of little detail you start to notice without distraction from lame translation and peg-on-my-nose-sitting-in-metal-barrel interpreter speaking on official DVDs...
              Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

I love everything AR/AU/AT. This episode was brilliant. I honestly don't know how many times I've watched it but it never gets old or boring
                sigpic
                Sig made by Nola
                Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
                  I love everything AR/AU/AT. This episode was brilliant. I honestly don't know how many times I've watched it but it never gets old or boring

I love it too...and I have the BDU jacket with the staff blast hole in it that Daniel was wearing after he got shot by AU Teal'c and went back through the wormhole...it's my only piece of costume and last year I got it signed by Michael Shanks too..

Great episode...absolutely love it....

Deeds xx
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                  MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                    I love it too...and I have the BDU jacket with the staff blast hole in it that Daniel was wearing after he got shot by AU Teal'c and went back through the wormhole...it's my only piece of costume and last year I got it signed by Michael Shanks too..
                    Lucky bugger!

Comment

This episode always makes me chuckle. It starts with sg1 stepping through the gate to a planet, Carter asks Daniel if he recognizes any of the symbols and then the greatest example of stating the obvious occurs... Daniel replies " nope, it's definitely alien"!!!!! HAHA. You don't say Danny boy what gave it away??
                      I love stargate !
                      Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

Comment

HAHA or the bit where alternate Carter shows Jackson a map of the earth saying " every one of the red dot is a destroyed city.
                        Cast your eyes to the UK on the map and every bit is red, except Scotland. Not one single red dot north of the border!!!
                        Even the goa'uld knew better than to mess with the Scottish!!!
                        Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

Comment

Originally posted by sgelite View Post
                          HAHA or the bit where alternate Carter shows Jackson a map of the earth saying " every one of the red dot is a destroyed city.
                          Cast your eyes to the UK on the map and every bit is red, except Scotland. Not one single red dot north of the border!!!
                          Even the goa'uld knew better than to mess with the Scottish!!!
                          Or Scotland just doesn't have an important city to destroy and are considered harmless... they'll be dealt with on the ground and made into slaves.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Or Scotland just doesn't have an important city to destroy and are considered harmless... they'll be dealt with on the ground and made into slaves.
                            Na.. the gou'ald want them for their BEER!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Na.. the gou'ald want them for their BEER!
                              They would have found that in Belgium... however, they probably destroyed Brussels from space, and the whole country was hit at once.

Gone beer! Gone chocolate!

Comment

Well, Switzerland is still there for chocolate (unless they hit it for the banking). We have some pretty **mn good chocolatiers here in Washington, if that happens. They won't hit Washington when California is so much more attractive.

Seaboe
                                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Working...
                                X