No announcement yet.

There But For the Grace of God (119)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've started a marathon of Stargate, I'm watching the episode 'There But For the Grace of God', and something has caught my attetion.

In the beginning when SG1 comes through the gate on the planet, the set looks very much like the set on 'Tin Man'.

I'm wondering if they used the same set for both those episodes and just changed the props around???

Anyone else noticed this???
    ...Destroyer of all...

Comment

I've started a marathon of Stargate, I'm watching the episode 'There But For the Grace of God', and something has caught my attetion.

In the beginning when SG1 comes through the gate on the planet, the set looks very much like the set on 'Tin Man'.

I'm wondering if they used the same set for both those episodes and just changed the props around???

...Destroyer of all...

Comment

*gasp* Double post! J.k.

I didn't notice, actually. :/
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I just love AU eppies. This one is kind of sad though, but still good.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JadeStarkiller View Post
            Didn't caught my eye. But on the other hand I've seen Tin Man maybe twice.

Comment

This episode was a cool one. I like the fact that they made the title that way.

Spoiler:
              I was sad at the end since everyone died. It was disappointing to me because I wanted everyone to live.
              R.I.P. Alternate Reality Earth.
              sigpic
              My tumblr

Comment

Very good episode, the quantum mirror was fantastic, what a concept. What a dilemna for the alt world, to allow Daniel to go back and save what would be destroyed in theeir world.
                no means no, and so does pepper spray
                Sig by The Carpenter
                sigpic

Comment

Did they do anything with that gate address Daniel brought with him?

Comment

Yeah, they used it to go aboard Klorel's mothership.
                    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I love other realities
                      The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
                      sigpic

Comment

Really cool episode, loved the confusion at first until they figured things out.
                        sigpic

Comment

OK. I liked the part where everyone were already dead and Daniel was trapped in the Gate Room cos the Jaffa are everywhere. I also liked Colonel Hammond and General O'Neill. AND James Spader!
                          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

How many AU episodes there has been?
                            *There's But For the Grace of God Main: Daniel.
                            *Point of View Main: SG-1
                            *1969 Main: SG-1
                            *2010 Main: SG-1 + Dr. Fraiser
                            *Before I Sleep Main: Weir
                            *The Last Man Main: Sheppard
                            *Ripple Effect Main: SG-1
                            *Time Main: Rush and Scott
                            *Stargate Continuum Main:Mitchell
                            Last edited by Bagpuss; 15 October 2010, 03:18 AM. Reason: Put spaces in to break up the smilies that formed between the : and Daniel etc.:)

Comment

This story reminded very, very much of the classic Doctor Who story called "Inferno" with Jon Pertwee as the Doctor. His Tardis threw him into an alternate dimension where the Brigadier and Liz Shaw were officers of a fascist Britain.

Just like in this Stargate story, both worlds were faced with the same problem, and just like in this story, the alternate earth was completely destroyed because of unwitting acts of foolishness and stubbornness. Again, the hero was able to return to his proper dimension with the sacrificial help of the people of the alternate dimension, and he was in time to save the earth we know from a like fate.

The only difference was that the threat in the Whovian tale was a geological calamaity of Atlantean proportions brought about by drilling into the earth's crust (plus an irrelevant side plot about some unexplained weird primordial goo seeping up from the depths and transforming people into savage primate-like monsters).

Comment

I'm sure this question has been asked and answered before but in this episode in the alternate reality the SGC is called the SGA, anyone know what that stands for? (And don't say Atlantis)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X