No announcement yet.

Solitudes (117)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can only think she was fixated on dialing Earth and no where else due to her overriding concern for her injured commanding officer, getting him back as quickly as possible to receive medical attention. Earth was the only place at the time she knew he would get it.

Comment

She could have taken him to the Nox planet and asked for them to heal him.

Comment

The NOx gate would have buried. That said it seems a lack of logic to not try other addresses. Its that reason I have never liked this episode.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

True, the Nox had buried their gate prior to Solitudes.

Comment

Didn't Sam have a concussion (and hypothermia)? Also, don't forget that they use designations rather than glyphs to refer to planets and it's the tech guys that do the actual dialing. Considering this was season one, there's a good chance she simply didn't know the address to a friendly/uninhabited planet.
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Good point. IIRC it wasn't till later eps that all the team knew how to dial the gate besides daniel when they went off world.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                True, the Nox had buried their gate prior to Solitudes.
                The Nox reopened their gate in Enigma to transport the Tollan away from Earth, but that was probably temporary.

Although garkhal has a point too, all team members would probably know the address to Earth, not necessarily anywhere else.
                sigpic

Comment

Daniel at his best - he found the answer.

Carter was sure the stargate malfunctioned, why should she have tried another address?
                  Think about it.
                  CARPE DIEM
                  ANJA

Comment

That would make Carter a pretty poor scientist
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      That would make Carter a pretty poor scientist
                      Indeed it would.

One thing that really annoyed me was the lack of any hats. No wonder they were freezing so quickly.

This struck me once again having watched Within the Serpent's Grasp/The Serpent's Lair, when the human members of SG-1 each wore a woolly hat on the Ha'tak.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                        Daniel at his best - he found the answer.

Carter was sure the stargate malfunctioned, why should she have tried another address?
                        Think about it.
                        Maybe cause of shear exhaustion and injury.. Clouded her judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          Maybe cause of shear exhaustion and injury.. Clouded her judgement.
                          Don't buy that one since she dug her way up to the surface of Antarctica.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Sorry if this is inappropriate but was it really only Jack's sidearm?

Comment

Originally posted by Claire98909 View Post
                              As this is a PG-13 forum -- yes, it was just his sidearm.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Claire98909 View Post
                                Imagine the situation and the circumstances - would you think of bees and flowers then???
                                CARPE DIEM
                                ANJA

Comment

Working...
                                X