No announcement yet.

Cor-Ai (115)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a whole bunch of new respect for Teal'c after this episode...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
    "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
    a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
      I am very moved by CJ's performance. I think it really shows the depth of Teal'c's struggle.

We also get to see Daniel's compassion in truly making Teal'c his friend. Some of Jack's demons come out too.

I really like the Bursa and their society. I agree with Daniel that they have a very lovely existence. Their commitment to not leave anyone behind would really resonate with the team.

I also find their justice system interesting. It is not unreasonable or unprecedented in history, as Daniel points.

[img]http://signavatar.com/7792_s.gif[img]
      I have to agree with your points here. We really get to see how deeply Teal'c has been affected by the many "damn distasteful things" that he has done. He wanted the chance to be tried and sentenced by one to make amends to the many. We were also able to get an insight into Jack's past and how he related to what Teal'c was going through. I think for him it was, 'if Teal'c dies for his past sins following orders, then I am no better and should also die as well'.

Comment

A very strange justice system as always ^^
        Pretty good episode in my opinion.

Comment

This is probably my least favorite episodes in the entire SG series, after emancipation. Even though story and character development wise it's actually good and has development(Teal"c in particular), i just don't like the episode that much. Great episode as far as TV shows in general are concerned, but not by Stargate standards imo. I find the son of the dead man extremely annoying and narrow minded(which is the point obviously, coz of the cultural difference and how they perceive justice so differently) that through the episode i just want to take the pitchfork looking thingy or stick of justice, whatever its called and hit him in the face with it. In the end when he comes to his senses is when my rating of the episode goes up lol.
          Make no mistake, its a great episode and i like what goes on there but it's just not for me.
          Last edited by Zaany; 10 August 2012, 05:22 AM.
          RIP Don S. Davis 1942-2008

Comment

I thought it was another great example of our superiority complex - and a great reminder that we should be a bit more sensitive to other cultures. The idea that one is innocent until proven guilty isn't even universal on this planet, so why anyone would think that primitive societies on other planets would be as advanced as we are, is anyone's guess.

What I really liked about this ep is that we see more about how Teal'c had already been having doubts, and looking for people who could help him overthrow the Goa'uld.

Nicely done for the most part.

Comment

Cor-Ai, more commonly remembered as The One Where You Really Want To Gag Daniel... which Jack eventually nearly does with his Can it! comment.

Oh noble Teal'c, sometimes you need someone to knock some sense into your head. How will you fight for freedom when you're dead? You can't. But I guess, he does have a point that he can give retribution to this one.

And Teal'c's not one of us... funny how this brought a deja-vu from Stargate Atlantis where they don't want to set up a rescue mission for Ronon when he's taken by the Wraith.

What I have come to dislike a wee bit, however, is the sound effect of the Jaffa walking when they are not even wearing any real armor to begin with. They sound super heavy, but they're not... all that foam probably weighs a bit but their chainmail hauberks aren't even real. It does take away a bit of the magic... *shrug*
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oh, I don't know. That much knitted cotton weighs a great deal, not to mention all the paint it's slathered with...

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                  Oh, I don't know. That much knitted cotton weighs a great deal, not to mention all the paint it's slathered with...
                  Yeah, probably... I just want it to be more authentic, I guess. I mean, the helmets bending when they fall takes the fun out of it.

Comment

I agree. And I'm pretty sure those fancy shoulder-collars are rubber, from the way they just won't lay flat.

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

One thing's for sure, though, authentic or not, those suits were probably damn uncomfortable.

Comment

I found this one a bit boring. The differences in justice systems might be done more interesting, if it couldn't be just “our is better”. It was nice to see what did Teal’c do as a first prime.

Comment

So So episode for me. Had several good dialogue but that's about it. Came to the forum with many things on my mind about this episode but reading through the threads, seems everything has been mentioned. I'm gonna start rating episodes throughout my re-watch and I'm gonna give this episode 2/5 stars.

Comment

Pretty good episode. I like both Teal'c and Daniel, so...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CMWriter View Post
                              Holy cow, you guys, I just saw this episode and it made me want to weep from its utter brilliance. I knew it would be coming eventually but just the way it played out was phenomenal. The scene with Teal'c and O'Neill in the empty courtroom is fantastic for both of them.

Actually one of my favourite aspects of this is that, despite all the reasons and explanations behind Teal'c's crime, he is still (technically) guilty. I like that he's put on trial and that it is, in the end, the victim's son who gives him his staff back. Yes, I know they're not going to kill off a major character in the middle of the first season, but it could have played out quite differently.

Slightly cliche? Maybe, but I don't care. It was incredible. This is one to remember for me.
                              I agree - Teal'c at his best!!!!!
                              CARPE DIEM
                              ANJA

Comment

And then comes the snorefest that is Cor-Ai -- gosh, this is such a low-budget episode with a story that's not entirely necessary, and the same time entirely necessary but I can't be moved by it, one way or another.

Anyway, my previous review still stands so I'll just quote myself...

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Cor-Ai, more commonly remembered as The One Where You Really Want To Gag Daniel... which Jack eventually nearly does with his Can it! comment.

Oh noble Teal'c, sometimes you need someone to knock some sense into your head. How will you fight for freedom when you're dead? You can't. But I guess, he does have a point that he can give retribution to this one.

And Teal'c's not one of us... funny how this brought a deja-vu from Stargate Atlantis where they don't want to set up a rescue mission for Ronon when he's taken by the Wraith.

What I have come to dislike a wee bit, however, is the sound effect of the Jaffa walking when they are not even wearing any real armor to begin with. They sound super heavy, but they're not... all that foam probably weighs a bit but their chainmail hauberks aren't even real. It does take away a bit of the magic... *shrug*
                                How would you rate SG-1's "Cor-ai?"

Excellent
                                Good
                                Fair
                                Poor
                                Terrible

Giving it a fair, even though I couldn't care less about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X