No announcement yet.

Singularity (114)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cause they are firing from a staff weapon held under the arms while on the run.. Also they went to the "A-Team school for baddies shooting"

Comment

This is my favorite episode of season 1, I love this episode,I've seen so many times already I lost count.
      I love the bond that Sam and Cassie have since the first moment they meet. I cried so much (again) when Sam is taking Cassie to die alone in that building, and even more when she came back, because she couldn't leave her alone. Even today, it would have been really fun for Sam to adopt Cassie, but it's okay that Janet did it.
      sigpic
      Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

I was kind of surprised Sam could leave Cassandra there at all! Of course she went back! It would have been heartless to do anything else.
        Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

How would it be heartless to leave someone who is effectively a walking bomb? At the time we had no way to neutralize it.

Comment

Exactly.
            Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Despite the fact Cassandra is a bomb, she is primarily a child. If you have a heart, I could not leave a child to suffer her fate alone.
              Last edited by mathpiglet; 18 July 2011, 04:19 PM. Reason: I left out a very important word!

Comment

If there is no way to save her.. yes.

Comment

That's a war. Imagine Hitler Jugend shooting at you. Will you not let them suffer their fate alone?
                  Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    I agree. To some extent, self-preservation plays a role.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Vagabond Serpent View Post
                      That's a war. Imagine Hitler Jugend shooting at you. Will you not let them suffer their fate alone?
                      Being shot at is a different situation. In that case, I believe I would act without thinking and yes, try to save myself.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      I agree. To some extent, self-preservation plays a role.
                      I will need to respectfully disagree. An adult could tell me to leave, they understand their fate and I could leave them alone. I know that I could not leave a child for any amount of time to suffer alone.

Comment

Even if meant your death as well?

Comment

Janet with long hair - nice
                          I think this is the last episode where Sam talks with that weird sounding voice.
                          But anyway, Teal'c trying to look friendly - priceless

It seems mother's instinct woke up in Carter.
                          have you noticed change of jack's tone of voice:
                          Captain Carter, can you hear me?
                          Sam, can you here me?

And liked Daniel trying to help Carter.
                          Very nice episode getting us to know more about SG1 members
                          sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode we got to see a whole other side to Carter and the lengths the Goa'uld would go to in order to destroy Earth.
                            My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

Though it was a Carter featured episode it was also very teamy, which I love. e.g Jack, DAniel & teal'c didn't leave when Carter didn't.

Comment

The team cohesion was excellent. Learning about other SG teams; how they lived off-world; the fact that teams could be stationed for extended periods, that stuff always interests me.
                                "With darkness would come the apocalypse." Such a sad line. But the concept of an internal organism being planted that could be triggered by life saving devices and medicines to cause supersized destruction...I mean, these writers are incredibly imaginative!
                                I think Sam's emotional responses were excellently played to distract the viewer from what was happening. Sam was the one who acknowledged that Cassie became ill when approaching the 'gate, and then Cassie very clearly shared she was no longer tired in the elevator going down and even walked without hesitation. All big, honkin' clues, but we were so worried about Sam that little Cassie almost got missed.
                                Seeing Janet and her crash team in action was rather exciting as well.
                                Good ep for Jack, Teal'c and Daniel to primarily provide only comic relief.

Comment

Working...
                                X