No announcement yet.

Hathor (113)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girls are born with wombs *and* with all the eggs they'll ever have. It's the hormones that kick in with puberty that cause the cycle of menstruation, but all the equipment is already there.

Comment

If the sarchofagus (apologies for the spelling) can de jaffa O'Neill in this episode why can they not do the same thing for Teal'c and the rest of the jaffa

Comment

coz there was no larva in Jack, it was newly formed/not used etc.

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

Just watched it again - Sam was awesome
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Having said that, it's perfectly possible to remove junior from a Jaffa's pouch - thus enabling the restoration of the Jaffa's immune system and the healing of the pouch. Whether a Jaffa would be willing to undergo this treatment is another matter entirely.

But then again, as the only sarcophagus they had was blown to smithereens when Hathor overloaded it, it's not likely that they'd be able to offer a 'Jaffa de-pouching' service in the near future anyway.

An interesting concept though - with a lot of ethical implications; particularly as we learn more and more about the sarcophagus and what it can do (good and bad).
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
              Just watched it again - Sam was awesome
              go Sam!

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

What exactly did Daniel mean when he said Ra corrupted Hathor?
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

That's a good question. I couldn't find anything on the web (albeit a short search) which indicated that there's a mythological basis for Daniel's statement.

Not being particularly au fait with the Mythology of ancient Egyptian Deities, I guess I'm just blathering on a bit really. Mind you, Hathor was highly revered by her worshippers in Ancient Egypt, so perhaps in the Stargate context she was so busy indulging in her persona as goddess of music, fertility and intoxication that she didn't come across in the manner that we now traditionally associate as 'Goa'uld' and Ra took steps to correct that.

Or perhaps he actually had her converted into a Goa'uld queen?

Just guessing...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reona
                    And I don’t get how Hathor can just get up out of the damn burning tub and be fine! Or how she could have gotten out of the tub and not have been wet before! That was just a little too unbelievable for me.
                    She is a goa'uld queen. Hathor can do whateve she damn well pleases.

[note the dripping sarcasm.]

--400th post!--
                    Last edited by zats; 04 August 2005, 07:38 PM.

Comment

The episode Hathor just finished. In the final scene, in which Hammond came in & told Sam & Janet he was putting them in for a medal or commendation... did anyone else notice that Sam & Dr Frazier are in the locker room working (gathering bits of toasted larva for study), and Jack, Daniel, and Teal'c came in and were dressed in their civvies. The women were working, and the men were dressed to go out (off base). Figures!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jyh
                        The episode Hathor just finished. In the final scene, in which Hammond came in & told Sam & Janet he was putting them in for a medal or commendation... did anyone else notice that Sam & Dr Frazier are in the locker room working (gathering bits of toasted larva for study), and Jack, Daniel, and Teal'c came in and were dressed in their civvies. The women were working, and the men were dressed to go out (off base). Figures!!!
                        hahahahahah, Thats funny, the boys had such a stressful day.

Was this the ep that started the friendship between Carter and Fraiser. I noted that Fraiser called her Captain Carter when no one else was around so I got the since they didnt really know each other.. Just wondering.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

It's likely.

In any case, I would say that "Hathor" is one of my favourite episodes, possibly in the top ten. It's cool that the gals get to take complete charge for once. I do feel bad for Daniel, Jack, too, but it was definitely worse for Daniel. That being said, I kind of sort of liked Hathor, though God knows why. Well, she was this kind of loopy that I tend to enjoy. Thinking about it now, though, I really like her less than that even, regardless of the fact she was crazy. Anyway, this episode has a lot of stuff in it which I find amusing, but probably shouldn't. I mean, yes, there are scenes which you're supposed to laugh at, but I find it funny when Daniel says to Hathor "My God, you're like a queen bee," and so on. I mean is that supposed to actually be funny? I can have a pretty dark sense of humour. Land of The Dead, made me crack up, so, yeah, I don't know. I'm a bit odd, I suppose. "Hathor" is a way cool episode, though, whatever.
                          Last edited by 1DanielForMe; 08 August 2005, 09:22 PM.

Comment

I think that Hathor is hot, for a red head. I do prefer brunettes though.

Comment

This episode was okay. Not a favourite of mine really. Good to see some Janet/Sam interaction early on in the series

Comment

Weird episode, isnt one i wnat to watch over and over again.

Comment

Working...
                                X