No announcement yet.

Fire and Water (112)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched this episode for the first time a few days ago. Not sure if this has been said before, but I feel the need to point out that Michael Shanks looked very sexy in that wet t-shirt in this episode. And his blue eyes without his glasses...

okay, fangirl mode over, though. I can't help thinking that Nem and Jackson are similar in that they both lost their wife, their mate, to the Goul'd, and I'd have liked the episode to have focused a bit more on that, if they'd had at least a small conversation about it, instead of Jackson just mentioning it in passing.
    Help me save the Stargate convention! Creation announced that the 2016 Con will be the last one, but I'm trying to keep them going. Read more about the campaign HERE and join me to make it happen by liking THIS page and spreading the word!

"My mind rebels at stagnation." - Sherlock Holmes

My Blog: Monitoring Broadcast Signals

Comment

Originally posted by ComtessedeBussy View Post
      Just watched this episode for the first time a few days ago. Not sure if this has been said before, but I feel the need to point out that Michael Shanks looked very sexy in that wet t-shirt in this episode. And his blue eyes without his glasses...

okay, fangirl mode over, though. I can't help thinking that Nem and Jackson are similar in that they both lost their wife, their mate, to the Goul'd, and I'd have liked the episode to have focused a bit more on that, if they'd had at least a small conversation about it, instead of Jackson just mentioning it in passing.
      I had always thought that was part of the reason he wanted to help Nem. I mean obviously he wanted his freedom to go and try to find Sha're, but given what I feel about Daniel as a person I think he would sympathize.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
      "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
      a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

The memorial service for Daniel was very touching.
        And when Sam and Teal'c arrive at the wake, O'Neilll asks something to drink ? And Sam says "Yea sure, Beer"
        Gotta love a woman who says yeaah il drink some beer
        And lets not forget the final lines as they are walking towards the gate at the end. Great stuff.. and look at O'Neills face when he says "Sushi" Obviously they always had great fun on the set and throughout the series you can see them trying to hold back their laughter and keep a straight face lol, as can also be witnessed on all the blooper and behind the scenes footage out there.
        All in all great episode with character and relationship development between the team members.
        Last edited by Zaany; 09 August 2012, 11:46 AM.
        RIP Don S. Davis 1942-2008

Comment

Aw, poor ol' Nem - I felt so bad for him, so long waiting for a definitive answer and when he got it, it was really sad.

The team bonding stuff is good, there was a lovely hug there from Jack to Sam that almost (but not quite) had me turning into a shipper.

Another look at Jack's lovely house, and Daniel's museum-like apartment. And it is always nice to see that there are a lot of other people working at the SGC. We never really get to see enough of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Clanger View Post
            Another look at Jack's lovely house, and Daniel's museum-like apartment. And it is always nice to see that there are a lot of other people working at the SGC. We never really get to see enough of them.
            Amen, to all of these.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
            Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
            sigpic
            now also appearing on DeviantArt
            Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Hi, I am a new member. I always wished they had revisited Nem's planet and found out more about him and his mate and their culture/mythology.
              Last edited by tlw; 16 October 2012, 12:07 PM.

Comment

me too, it always seems such a waste when we have such a hugely interesting, and potentially useful character / technology (Tin Man gets me like that too) isn't revisited. We can only hope that other SG teams are on to it.

And in the end - that's why we have fanfic.
                In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Ugh, I thought Nem was so annoying and boring. Certainly wasn't looking forward to more contact with him.
                  Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                  Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                  On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I watched this episode yesterday as part of my rewatch. It wasn't an episode that I was particularly looking forward to but it's a good one nonetheless. The scenes with Daniel and Nem were interesting if not terribly engrossing but the real success of this episode are the Earthbound scenes featuring Jack, Sam and Teal'c's reaction to Daniel's supposed death. While it had already been shown in every previous episode that SG-1 were willing to risk life and limb for each other, this is one of the earliest indications of the very strong bond which exists between them. That's always been one of my favourite aspects of the series.
                    Eugene V. Debs (1855-1926)

I have no country to fight for. My country is the Earth. I am a citizen of the world.

When great changes occur in history, when great principles are involved, as a rule the majority are wrong.

Comment

Psychological whump, physical whump... as a whumper this one caters all. This episode is sooooo one of my favorites. I totally love it!

Fraiser pretty much ordering General Hammond how to proceed next with SG1.

And I must say that I really miss the diversity in historical references -- so far we've had Egyptian gods, Norse mythology, Greek mythology, ... now Babylon and akkadian cuneiform. They'll loose that over time, so I'm going to cherish the moment.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

WEll, minus out the norse gods, and most of the rest were all from the same area (sort of)..

Comment

I think the ancient gods was a plot device to explore stories in the early stories. Once SG1 had their story arcs they didn't need those fillers anymore
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            I think the ancient gods was a plot device to explore stories in the early stories. Once SG1 had their story arcs they didn't need those fillers anymore
                            Too bad, I kinda liked them a lot.

Comment

I like this one a lot, both on Earth and on the planet. Poor Daniel was forced to remember something he read years ago. The rest of the team had to deal with Daniel death for the first time. It shame that we didn’t see Nem race later. It’s the only known underwater intelligent live form in Stargate universe.

Comment

Originally posted by AsgardGirl View Post
                                It’s the only known underwater intelligent live form in Stargate universe.
                                No, it isn't. See Watergate in later seasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X