No announcement yet.

Bloodlines (111)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time I'd seen this episode is sooo many years. I really like it. Teal'c showing his more emotional side and learning more about him, the first appearance of Brey'tavc, and especially Daniel killing the defenseless Goua'ld make this a good one.
    http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4574/dontblinkgc5.jpg

Comment

This was a great episode giving us more info on Teal'c. I was definitely just as surprised as O'neill when hearing he had a son and wife that he left behind Seeing Teal'c so emotional helped to make him seem more human in a way. All the times we have seen him before he has been more...unemotional and closed off. To see him tearful, distraught, and almost mad with grief was very touching. His sacrifice for his son was also very moving. He was willing to give up his life so his son could take Jr. He also sacrificed the freedom that he was so desperate to give Rayak in order to save him. That must have been a very difficult decision for him to accept.

Some of my more favorite moments were:
      *the Bra'tac/O'neill hand to hand battle.
      *O'neill "we'll cross that bridge when we get there" Bra'tac "no, that bridge is too well guarded" LOLz
      *Daniel "Do you think these things need to be fed?"
      *Bra'tac turning his staff weapon into an automatic one (I haven't really seen it be treated like this by any other person)

Comment

Okay episode, feel bad for the Jaffas though.

Comment

I found that one a little disappointing but I can never work out why.

Great to meet Bratac, fantastic character. And also nice to see a bit of Chulak and so on

But why was Bratac so annoyed that they took a larval goa'uld from the temple

and when Rya'c woke up he said "a Goa'uld" to Teal'c as though he'd just got a puppy for Christmas.

But for backrground etc, a good ep.

ETA: not happy that Daniel didn't listen to Sam and just shot up the larvae anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Clanger View Post
            I found that one a little disappointing but I can never work out why.

Great to meet Bratac, fantastic character. And also nice to see a bit of Chulak and so on

But why was Bratac so annoyed that they took a larval goa'uld from the temple

and when Rya'c woke up he said "a Goa'uld" to Teal'c as though he'd just got a puppy for Christmas.

But for backrground etc, a good ep.

ETA: not happy that Daniel didn't listen to Sam and just shot up the larvae anyway.
            Daniel was feeling a little emotional (in my opinion) - not thinking straight at all. If he was he would've realise that the jaffa on that planet need the larvae to survive (at the time), which I'm sure Daniel would've thought about if he had a clear head. He hated them for taking Sha're away and I guess he needed to let it out, so I've come to believe that he was quite anger-blinded.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
            "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
            a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

In my mind, this forms the last part in an unofficial trilogy of three consecutive great episodes which establish important parts of the series' mythology which have future ramifications. As the first Teal'c-centric episode, we learn more about Jaffa society than in any of the previous episodes, excluding "Children of the Gods".

The introduction of Bra'tac, who went on to appear in every subsequent season except Season Four (the worst thing about my favourite season), is its most significant addition to the Stargate universe. A wonderfully written and acted character from the get-go, he is one of those occasional characters who are introduced into a TV series who make you wonder how the series ever got along without them! With a total of 26 appearances, Bra'tac was present for many of the most important moments in the series' history, becoming arguably the SGC's most loyal and reliable offworld ally and one of the fans' favourite recurring characters. It's hard to imagine the series without him now.

Teal'c's wife Drey'auc and son Rya'c also make their debut in this episode. While their appearances were far fewer and further between than Bra'tac's, their presence was still often felt throughout the series, much like that of Sha're. This is the first episode to establish just how much Teal'c sacrificed when he broke Jack, Daniel and Sam out of the prison on Chulak and is very effective on that score. I've always loved the fact that Teal'c kept their existence a secret rather than the writers just inventing a family for him that the characters all already knew about but never previously mentioned. It's more respectful of the audience's intelligence. Incidentally, I like the fact that Rya'c is played by Neil Denis in all of his appearances over the course of seven years as it shows a rare example of continuity of actors in terms of children on television.

The episode's best scene is definitely the one in which Daniel destroys the symbiote vat as, despite him being a man of peace, it was perfectly in character for him, given what happened to Sha're and Skaara.
              Last edited by GusF; 31 March 2013, 09:36 AM.
              Eugene V. Debs (1855-1926)

I have no country to fight for. My country is the Earth. I am a citizen of the world.

When great changes occur in history, when great principles are involved, as a rule the majority are wrong.

Comment

So, Teal'c has a wife and son... well, that certainly was a surprise to the rest of the team.

More icky Goa'uld knowledge to be learned from this episode, like the Prim'ta and coming of age.
                I think Carter knew Daniel would fire at the tank anyways, and agreed with it, although she does have a valid point that shooting the infants as it were makes them no better than the grown-up Goa'uld... If she hadn't she'd taken the MP5 away sooner.

Master Bra'tac... yay seeing him, totally kicking Jack's butt. But now I still wonder what hashak means...
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Imbicile.
                  Dunce
                  Stupid.. Who knows!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    Imbicile.
                    Dunce
                    Stupid.. Who knows!
                    Kinda like mik'ta perhaps...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      So, Teal'c has a wife and son... well, that certainly was a surprise to the rest of the team.

More icky Goa'uld knowledge to be learned from this episode, like the Prim'ta and coming of age.
                      I think Carter knew Daniel would fire at the tank anyways, and agreed with it, although she does have a valid point that shooting the infants as it were makes them no better than the grown-up Goa'uld... If she hadn't she'd taken the MP5 away sooner.

Master Bra'tac... yay seeing him, totally kicking Jack's butt. But now I still wonder what hashak means...
                      I don't really care about Daniel killing the 'defenseless' Goa'uld, I was far more concerned with him betraying their location on Apophis homeworld by shooting off all those rounds. What an idiot.
                      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                        I don't really care about Daniel killing the 'defenseless' Goa'uld, I was far more concerned with him betraying their location on Apophis homeworld by shooting off all those rounds. What an idiot.
                        I guess, different priorities... Besides, those church-walls seemed pretty sturdy, I don't think anyone heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          I guess, different priorities... Besides, those church-walls seemed pretty sturdy, I don't think anyone heard.
                          Well, considering they had a bunch of Jaffa on their sixes a little while later, I think it's safe to say someone had overheard! If they'd only been following the guys (because of Teal'c's attack of the priest) I'd buy it, but weren't both Sam and Daniel being chased too?
                          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                            Well, considering they had a bunch of Jaffa on their sixes a little while later, I think it's safe to say someone had overheard! If they'd only been following the guys (because of Teal'c's attack of the priest) I'd buy it, but weren't both Sam and Daniel being chased too?
                            Oh right... now, that you mention it. They were being chased... oops, forgot about that.

Comment

Not a bad episode, just the Jaffa based episode are not my cup of tea.
                              And I wonder if Teal’c at lease thought of taking his wife and son to some other planet, for example the one from Broca Divide?

Comment

How could he? When he broke SG1 out of that prison, he really didn't time to go get his family. They barely escaped as it is
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X