Bloodlines (111)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

asdf1239

I searched every reply in this thread and your comment was exactly what I was looking for. When I watched the episode the first time I thought nothing of it, but seeing daniel evolve it makes no sense him killing the goa'ulds in the tank. It just doesn't fit his later character, however one could say he was still angry over losing his wife and had a period of anger cloud his judgement.

Tallifer

As to your point, we kind of see this in season 6 or 7 when jonas returns due to the niquadriah vein about to explode below his planet. The goa'uld that is jonas's gf is conflicted at times, even saving the host having lost her chance at an empire.

Comment

have aquestion--what episode did lanaya come on-i'm a newbie and am not real sure what happens-just finished the episode whee kyra was really lanaya-te amnesia thing--also--is the child jackson is now looking for his child? episode 10 of season three is where teal'k kills shar'I and she keeps appearing to him and telling him to find the child--
      thanks

Comment

Originally posted by johngalt View Post
        have aquestion--what episode did lanaya come on-i'm a newbie and am not real sure what happens-just finished the episode whee kyra was really lanaya-te amnesia thing--also--is the child jackson is now looking for his child? episode 10 of season three is where teal'k kills shar'I and she keeps appearing to him and telling him to find the child--
        thanks
        The episodes in which Linea appears: "Prisoners" from Season 2 and "Past and Present" from Season 3.

In response to your second question, the child Daniel is searching for is not his; it was conceived by Sha're (controlled by Amonet) and Apophis' host (controlled by Apophis). It is a Harcesis, meaning that it carries the genetic memory of the Goa'uld race.
        sigpic
        Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

I think that this episode shows us Teal'c's heart. He has so much love for his son, and I would guess that leaving little Rya'c behind was one of the hardest things Teal'c had to do. Though I could not see the facial expressions, I believe Teal'c was sad to say good-bye to his little boy.

Rya'c: "Stay."

Teal'c: "I can not."

Ouch,! I know that hurt Teal'c; his sweet son pleading with his father to stay, and he couldn't.
          "I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
          "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

HA Tela is Mrs. teal'c! just saw that on my 500th viewing, lol

Comment

All I was thinking while I was watching the episode once again, was how little was Rya'c.
              And Bra'tac always was and will always be awesome.
              I can understand Daniel's dilema, I think I may have actually do the same, larva Goa'uld is as bad a mature one, Daniel was saving all those people who once will have become a host for those Goa'uld.
              sigpic
              Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Originally posted by maylet View Post
                All I was thinking while I was watching the episode once again, was how little was Rya'c.
                I can understand Daniel's dilema, I think I may have actually do the same, larva Goa'uld is as bad a mature one, Daniel was saving all those people who once will have become a host for those Goa'uld.
                Yes, but didn't the Jaffa need them to live. That being the case a lot of Jaffa on that planet may have needed them to live, even ones like Teal'c, ready to fight against the Goa'uld. The only way to stop the Goa'uld would be to take out the queen not the larvae or they could just send more. As much as I adore Daniel's this particular action at this particular time seemed a little pointless to me as much as it was well intended.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Jaffa are soldiers, and soldiers die. So I fully support Daniel. After all, what are the chances that those larvae would go to the Jaffas who are against Goa'uld? Next to nothing. So he did right thing, killing the kettle before it grows into a train.
                  Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maylet View Post
                    I don't think Daniel reasoned it out at all. I think it was a purely emotional reaction for what the Goa'uld did to Sha're and Skaara..
                    Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by Vagabond Serpent View Post
                      Jaffa are soldiers, and soldiers die. So I fully support Daniel. After all, what are the chances that those larvae would go to the Jaffas who are against Goa'uld? Next to nothing. So he did right thing, killing the kettle before it grows into a train.
                      I totally agree with you
                      sigpic
                      Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                        I don't think Daniel reasoned it out at all. I think it was a purely emotional reaction for what the Goa'uld did to Sha're and Skaara..
                        Yes. He was hurt and angry, the look on his face shows that... and he did hesitate a little. I really felt for Daniel in this scene.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                        "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                        a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Yay! Bra'tac!! Wish he was more of an re-occurring character. Tony does a great job with this character.

Good back story for teal'c. He loves his family and does what he does to help free them and the jaffa.

Is teal'c's wife Allison from eureka?

Comment

Originally posted by lookupwardsnshare View Post
                            Is teal'c's wife Allison from eureka?
                            Yes! This is the 1st time I caught that myself.
                            Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

I seriously hadn't given the fact that Teal'c had left a family behind a single thought until this episode. Shameful. Loved seeing Hammond being a hard ass, even if he softened the blow in the end. One can only wonder what might have happened if he had instead waited for Teal'c to back down when trying to go solo. Hammond knew people and most especially, the warrior mentality.
                              Another great quote from O'Neill: hey, hey hey, who you calling a Hassak? What's a Hassak? His budding relationship with Bra'tac is for the ages!
                              I'd not noticed before how Apophis' symbol was upside down at the larva seplica...or were the head tatoos upside down?
                              And Go Daniel!! Nonchalantly eating a power bar after pulverizing the larva gou'ald.
                              One of my fav endings though, with all four of them honoring Bra'tac. Nicely composed.

Comment

My nitpick with this episode: the goa'uld larvae sit unguarded in a desolate field of gravel, with nothing else around. Oh sure, I buy that. (sarcasm).

Comment

Working...
                                X