Thor's Hammer (109)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anja View Post
    Killing the symbiote in the Unas took quite some time - pushing Teal'c through would have lasted a split of a second.
    You're assuming the Hammer would've let go of Teal'c before Junior died, and that Jack was physically strong enough to force the Hammer to let go of Teal'c. There's no evidence either is true.
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

He was strong enough to pull him out - why not push him through? Just a thought.
      CARPE DIEM
      ANJA

Comment

Perhaps because the hammer will let you retreat back into the hall, but won't allow you forward until the symbiote is dead.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by Britta View Post
          Perhaps because the hammer will let you retreat back into the hall, but won't allow you forward until the symbiote is dead.
          Exactly. IMO the 'gate' in the hammer has its own blocker on that won't let symbiots go through till dead.

Comment

There's also the fact that the door on the other side won't open if there's a symbiote to go through (as shown by the scene where, while they were fighting the Unas, the door was closed so Daniel & Sam couldn't help).

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

One of my favorites from Season 1. Whoever they got to play Kendra was great.. it was a shame she never appeared again. We learned of the host personality, got some really awesome scenery, met an UNAS, had James Earl Jones providing the voice and it was one of the first major Oneill and Teal'c stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
                If the Asgard with Thor were more powerful than the Goa'ulds, why didn't the Asgard ever destroiy them before Thor's Hammer or Thor's Chariot? Even in ancient times when the Asgards had also visited Earth, presumably when the goa'ulds were around here?
                They were too busy fighting a losing war with the replicators.

Comment

The Asgard had a deal with the Goa'uld -- a mutual agreement about protected planets. They had no quarrel with them unless they broke the deal.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    The Asgard had a deal with the Goa'uld -- a mutual agreement about protected planets. They had no quarrel with them unless they broke the deal.
                    Until Anubis challenged Thor with upgraded shields, most likely the result of the knowledge of the ancients he had. After which Osiris saying that the Asgard were no longer a threat to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhousden View Post
                      Until Anubis challenged Thor with upgraded shields, most likely the result of the knowledge of the ancients he had. After which Osiris saying that the Asgard were no longer a threat to them.
                      Anubis was a challenge to all, not just the Asgard.

One of my favorite Egyptian gods too.

Comment

Anubis was a challenge to all, not just the Asgard.

One of my favorite Egyptian gods too.
                        Oh sure, a 1/2 ascended goa'uld with knowledge of not only the ancients but the Asgard to after he downloaded Thor's brain. Wonderful god there.

Comment

Wonderful god there.
                          I am actually referring to the actual Egyptian god Anubis -- the jackel. Horus being my favorite.

In SG1, I really enjoy his villain character too, deliciously evil I have to say.

Comment

I am actually referring to the actual Egyptian god Anubis -- the jackel. Horus being my favorite.

In SG1, I really enjoy his villain character too, deliciously evil I have to say.
                            I knew what you meant. You stick to your Egyptian gods, and I'll stick to the Norse ones. The REAL Thor, Loki, Odin, etc. I still contend that the writers of SG-1 did the Asgard an injustice tying them into the Roswell stories.

Comment

Or rather I should say the Aesir and Vanir.

Comment

The REAL Thor, Loki, Odin, etc. I still contend that the writers of SG-1 did the Asgard an injustice tying them into the Roswell stories.
                                I wholeheartedly agree with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X