Thor's Hammer (109)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkland View Post
    One thing I don't get why did Thor send a hologram on the planet instead of himself?
    He did both, no? He communicated immediately via the hologram interface but also raced to the planet in his ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
      He did both, no? He communicated immediately via the hologram interface but also raced to the planet in his ship.
      Not in Thor's Hammer, he didn't. At this point, Darkland hasn't met the Asgard (they don't actually appear until Fifth Race

Seaboe
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Ah, oops, that 's right. Sorry, Darkland.

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
          Not in Thor's Hammer, he didn't. At this point, Darkland hasn't met the Asgard (they don't actually appear until Fifth Race

Seaboe
          The hologam of Thor, himself, appears in Thor's Chariot (Season 2) (and talks to Sam, Daniel and Gairwyn), which comes before Fifth Race.
          Last edited by hedwig; 18 July 2012, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Thanks for that guys.
            And don't worry Brother Freyr , all is good
            sigpic

Comment

Oops, got 'em backward (5th Race & Thor's Chariot). Sorry.

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Probably my favorite episode of the season, has significant character and relationship development between the team and has no annoying characters or other faactors.
                Last edited by Zaany; 10 August 2012, 06:12 AM.
                RIP Don S. Davis 1942-2008

Comment

not a bad ep, got to love the Viking stuff, but I thought Jack made a questionable decision (destroying the hammer and thus leaving the planet open to the Goa'uld) in very quick time.

The first of many questionable decisions. And that's why I loved this series at the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Clanger View Post
                    not a bad ep, got to love the Viking stuff, but I thought Jack made a questionable decision (destroying the hammer and thus leaving the planet open to the Goa'uld) in very quick time.

The first of many questionable decisions. And that's why I loved this series at the beginning.
                    I completely understood his decision and support it; as a matter of fact, I don't think it's questionable at all since the Goa'uld would never have to know about the device being destroyed. I still have no idea how they found it, since this planet was supposed to fall under the protected planets treaty between the Asgard and the Goa'uld, so why would a Goa'uld send a few of his Jaffa there every once in a while to see if the thing is still working, knowing any kind of attack would incur the wrath of the feared Asgard upon them?
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

it's questionable because it potentially exposes a planet to the Goa'uld in return for the life of one person. That's questionable in anyone's book.

The rationale (delivered only after the action) was that the Goa'uld would believe the Hammer to still be in action, and that the Summarians could, in any case, bury the gate and prevent their arrival. I agree with that assessment, as it happens.

But I do question the decision being made by offworlders without consulting the Summarians first.

Comment

Cimmeria is a really interesting case, isn't it? Our first glimpse of a human-populated planet whose ties are not to the Goa'uld but rather to the Asgard.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                        Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                        sigpic
                        now also appearing on DeviantArt
                        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Clanger View Post
                          But I do question the decision being made by offworlders without consulting the Summarians first.
                          Take a look at many other eps.. we took action/made decisions a lot of times that affected whole planets worth of people without consulting the people there... part n parcel of human (earthlings) ego...

Comment

and every time I'll object to it - fact is that I'm watching from the beginning and this was the first time we saw something like that

Comment

Why couldn't Sam, Daniel, and Kendra take Jack and Teal'c back through the secret door they had come? Or did it lie beyond the hammer portal?

Comment

They came in through the door that Jack peeked through just before Teal'c got caught in the hammer. So yes, it lay beyond the hammer portal.

Seaboe

Comment

Working...
                                X