No announcement yet.

Brief Candle (108)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree they should have stopped him but i guess they had other things they had to do or they thought he could look after himself they may have been following orders
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shinysign View Post
      I also thought it was out of character for Jack to run off and have a one night stand in front of full view of his friends. It was at first implied that he had been drugged, but it was a marriage cake and the nanites caused sleep, so that means that the cake had nothing to do with it, right?

I enjoyed the episode, just a few things like that, it was an early episode too, but still, he has a crush on Carter for 7 seasons but doesn't mind running off with a girl who gives him cake?
      Although it is often perceived as such in fandom, I don't think Jack 'ran off" to have a one night stand. He was drugged. I actually don't think he should have eaten the cake in the first place, but that was Daniel's screw-up - as a resident anthroplogist he should have mentioned a possibility of marriage etc. Anyway, I think it was obvious that there was something in the cake. immidiately after eating it Jack started to laugh, then he let local women drag him away from his team with that "Hi girls", then when Kynthia danced the whole background kind of got blurry and disappeared and when he woke up in the morning he didn't know where he was or why. That screams drugs to me.

And at the time he didn't have any feelings for Sam. It was an early season 1, he was still in love with his ex-wife, he was even writing a letter to her..
      There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
      sigpic
      awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

true i forgot about that i think he was drugged
        sigpic

Comment

Stargate SG-1 - HULU: Stargate SG1 Season 1 Now On HULU:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....65&postcount=1

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

This episode shows how much the goauld don't care about us. to shorten the lives of humans dramatically for an experiment is a truelly low act indeed. Seeing Jack as an old man was a bit of a shock. It was a nice ep to watch.
            Some say that he has only one ear.
            And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
            All we know is he's called
            sigpic

Comment

A very good episode. Jack's aging was excellent. His voice, posture and movement changed and the make-up department even remembered to do his hands, something that's often forgotten. The team's reactions when he ordered them to leave him were good, too. Sam briefly looked like she was trying not to cry.

This episode is also notable for our first look at nanotechnology on this series.
              C-D
              Dragon by name, Cheerful by nature

Sig by *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by Cheerful Dragon View Post
                A very good episode. Jack's aging was excellent. His voice, posture and movement changed and the make-up department even remembered to do his hands, something that's often forgotten. The team's reactions when he ordered them to leave him were good, too. Sam briefly looked like she was trying not to cry.

This episode is also notable for our first look at nanotechnology on this series.
                It's too bad that we didn't see this form of aging in another use by the Goa'uld. Like an example of an "honourable" execution, or some other form.
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

its one of my favorites of season one! Team Episodes! Like ONeill in this one and Daniel was quite funny also. What I really like was Hammonds Argument bout his decision.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cheerful Dragon View Post

I agree, I think Jack was wonderful.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, Jack was absolutely fabulous in this one. He may not be a character actor, but IMO he pulled it off convincingly. The stiff walk, shaking hands and wavering voice were perfect.
                      sigpic

Comment

Also an example of good and hooking episodes. Jack showed his temper here and RDA portrayed old Jack perfectly. But I was always wandering: did he officially married Kynthia for the rest of show(s) or not???

EDIT: 8/10
                        Last edited by Vagabond Serpent; 05 April 2010, 04:10 AM.
                        Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

This was a very fun episode. The seduction of Jack, and the funny old geezer he became.

"Every man has a hundred days of happiness." (Just mis-quoting from memory, but i liked that quotation.)

This is my favourite kind of episode: a good story told with humour. The explanation was somewhat daft, but it attempted to create a consistent situation.

Comment

I loved this episode a lot!! Here is the thing: I really don't think they even knew they infected him. It's very doubtful that they knew it. Why would they do that to him? But anyway, I rewatched this episode a couple times because I just really liked it a lot. I loved how Jack was old, and said that he had some small prostate issues or something? Do you have a quote on that?

Comment

Ok, I'm going with my DVD on this one...Brief Candle follows 1st Commandment, so, that's what I rewatched!
                              Anyway, except that it's pretty, which might be why it follows so many darker eps, we learn about nanites and the Goa'uld language being the same as Linear A script...hearing Daniel pronounce Goa'uld the way others do is amusing as is the ode to Wells' Time Machine. Generally, just easy on the eyes. Poor Sam.

Comment

I also didn't realize the DVD order was different until after I watched this episode. Maybe I had lower expectations (I didn't see the first 5 or 6 episodes until after I started watching many of the later episodes), but I've been surprised how much I've enjoyed some these early episodes (Broca Divide, First Commandment, and even Emancipation). I'm sure a lot of it is due to how fast the cast seem to come together and play off each other.

I guess the question episode poses is: "Is my kindle the result of bringing Goa'uld technology to Earth?"

Comment

Working...
                                X