No announcement yet.

The Nox (107)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was a great mission to show us how far we have to go to become part of the 5th race.
    sigpic

Comment

I watched this episode and loved it as usual but the one thing that really annoyed me (and this might have been discussed since I haven't read through all the pages) was the p*ss-poor ambush on Apophis. You've got two highly trained and experienced special forces soldiers and an amazing warrior in Teal'c and despite having the enemy surrounded, from an elevated position too, they not only couldn't take down the Jaffa they ended getting themselves killed. Good soldiering guys! Still they made up for it later with a successful ambush despit being unarmed.
      'Isn't it enough to see that the garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the end of it too?' - Douglas Adams

Comment

I noticed that as well, they could take Apophis with no guns but when they had guns they got themselves killed.
        sigpic

Comment

This is one of my favorite episodes. I love the Nox. Are they one of the four races?

When Thor says that humans are on their way to becoming the 5th race (in whatever episode that is), I wonder what 4 races he refers to. I'm guessing, the most powerful.

- Ancients
          - Asgard
          - Goa'uld
          - Nox

Is that correct? If it is, I wonder why the Wraith and Ori don't make that list. Maybe because the Wraith and Ori were thought up in later seasons.
          Last edited by Seamaiden; 16 July 2006, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seamaiden
            This is one of my favorite episodes. I love the Nox. Are they one of the four races?

When Thor says that humans are on their way to becoming the 5th race (in whatever episode that is), I wonder what 4 races he refers to. I'm guessing, the most powerful.

- Ancients
            - Asgard
            - Goa'uld
            - Nox

Is that correct? If it is, I wonder why the Wraith and Ori don't make that list. Maybe because the Wraith and Ori were thought up in later seasons.
            The four races were the old alliance, the Asgard, Nox, Furlings and Ancients.
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
              The four races were the old alliance, the Asgard, Nox, Furlings and Ancients.
              Thank you. In which episode does Thor mention to O'Neill that humans are on their way to becoming the fifth race? Is it in that ep or another one where we learn who the four races are?
              Last edited by Seamaiden; 16 July 2006, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seamaiden
                Thank you. In which episode does Thor mention to O'Neill that humans are on their way to becoming the fifth race? Is it in that ep or another one where we learn who the four races are?
                That's all in The Fifth Race.
                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

as mentioned it was in the Fifth Race in season 2

Comment

The gou'ald are evil they would never be let into that alliance. Another episode that will help you understand it is The Torment of Tantalus. Anyways This is a great episode I just didn't like the whole they brought us back to life thing. How did sg-1 get taken out that easy there was only a few Jaffa and apophis.....?
                    sigpic

Comment

apophis shoot most of them i think not sure but he used his force field

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard
                        apophis shoot most of them i think not sure but he used his force field
                        He used his force field true but sg1 have gone up against countless Jaffa and survived. Yet in this particular battle not only did they have the element of surprise against Apophis but they had him surrounded. The odds where completely in there favor yet they were all dead in less than 5 minutes. I just thought it was way to out of character for sg1 to be literally KILLED.

Other than that I really liked the episode.
                        sigpic

Comment

the nox need to be brought back into the series, they are just the best alien species. They won't fight or even defend themselves---hmm i wonder what will happen when the ori find them? will they be able to hide from them? will the nox all be wiped out? i hope not. I'd like to see more of that floating city

Comment

Originally posted by SerpentGuard
                            the nox need to be brought back into the series, they are just the best alien species. They won't fight or even defend themselves---hmm i wonder what will happen when the ori find them? will they be able to hide from them? will the nox all be wiped out? i hope not. I'd like to see more of that floating city
                            I agree they do! I believe the Nox to be far more advanced than the Asgard. Therefore if they were approached by the Ori they would just leave and cloak themselves. I don't think the Ori would ever be able to force themselves onto the Nox.

Another thing that I just realized, what are the chances that we would go to that planet at the exact same time as apophis?
                            sigpic

Comment

About the same as every alien culture we've met to be able to speak English (super-brain-powered races nonwithstanding).
                              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                                About the same as every alien culture we've met to be able to speak English (super-brain-powered races nonwithstanding).
                                Who was that response for?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X