No announcement yet.

The Nox (107)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved this episode. I loved that it showed that the SGC/American/Human way is not the only way. It was a welcome change from attitudes seen in other shows such as The Clone Wars, when they meet a pacifist people and the moral of the story is that pacifism is a foolish philosophy propogated by jaded old leaders and we all need Anakin Skywalker to swoop in to the rescue with kick-ass fight scenes.
    I take offense to claims that the Nox are all-trusting.They clearly knew the Goa`uld were a threat, but they wren`t worth abandoning their principles. I also believe that they weren`t being superior because of humanity`s age. I hate it when people think that older=smarter. They buried the Stargate because we had proven ourselves to be so arrogant that we assume everyone needs our help using our methods even when they explicitly refuse it.

The Nox are kind of creepy looking though lol.

Comment

They should have definatly made two episodes of the Nox like The Nox (1) and The Nox (2), they could have learned a lot from "The Nox" .

Comment

Originally posted by Dimes View Post
        They should have definatly made two episodes of the Nox like The Nox (1) and The Nox (2), they could have learned a lot from "The Nox" .
        "The Nox", Opportunity Nox?

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
        "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
        a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

What? It's only one episode about the Nox in the first season of SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimes View Post
            What? It's only one episode about the Nox in the first season of SG-1.
            It was a joke. I was suggesting a title for a second ep if they ever made one...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
            "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
            a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

The Nox were cool, I am not sure why they were not more important in the series.
              At the moment it is Phobos (though time is limited; it is suppose to crash into Mars in the next 100 million years )

Comment

Oh stupid me, i'm like Teal'c when you think about it then!

Comment

Originally posted by Coela Bellatore View Post
                  Maybe in your opinion, maybe they just find our meager intellect to be beneath them. Like bugs, its no great saving grace to spare them, but squashing them on purpose doesn't really have a point. The Nox hide away while billions of people suffer under the Goa'uld, not very nice.

Reminds me of a quote:

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
                  John Stuart Mill
                  English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

I would say that by those moral the humans are a better race than the Nox.
                  I know, necroing, but this post infuriated me so much I had to comment despite its age.

What a ridiculous and insulting thing to say. Would you say Gandhi didn`t care about the suffering of his people because he didn`t kill over it? If the Nox only wanted to keep themselves safe they would have used violence a long time ago. Instead they choose to do what is right despite the risk it poses to them. Anyone can be brave with a gun; true bravery is fighting without a weapon.

Comment

i agree with you, i like the nox but not too much background was given about them, other than the fact that they were one of the four alliances, that is neat. but their abilities to become invisible and heal is awesome. :-)

Comment

I love the nox .They are a very powerful people. Others dont think they are at first as they dont need to show their power only when needed.
                      sigpic

Comment

...and for the rest of the series, except one ep (Pretense), they showed how good they were at staying hidden...

Comment

I do not like the nox the reason I dont like them is that they would be destroyed if they were ever attacked they would not even defend themselves which I think is stupid
                          sigpic

You got nothing on my smileys

Comment

Good episode, but agreed that pacifism can be taken too far when one won't even defend themselves.

Love the little moment with Sam and Nfreyu, though. "No, Carter. You can't keep him."
                            "Y'know; Lose it. It means, go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No Longer in posession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WHACKO!!!!!"

The perfect couple!

Comment

I love this episode in every regard.
                              RIP Don S. Davis 1942-2008

Comment

Just rewatched this and I think the Nox while they weren't shown raising a hand in anger obviously have more capabilities than merely hiding. Their city looked very technologically advanced.

And when they were telling SG-1 to go away, they were very firm. We don't know how they would have reacted if SG-1 had said no, but that is the power of the Nox. They didn't have to show it.

Comment

Working...
                                X