X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep environmental reasons would make any animal evolve
    sigpic

Comment

ahh the controversal nox, the young do not always do as they are told...and the old do not always consider that their ways are selfish.

Comment

true lol altho that was a good lesion and so true
        sigpic

Comment

i found the nox a really frustrating species because they have the technology to defeat the goauld and yet they don't. Sure its due to their belifs but not killing is one of the 10 commandments and we still do it in order to defeat the goauld.
          Some say that he has only one ear.
          And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
          All we know is he's called
          sigpic

Comment

That is our way, and how do you know they have that technology? The likely have developed virtually no offensive weapons at all.
            sigpic

Comment

I think the Nox were more advanced than any technology known and because of this they did not need to use aggresiveness in any way.
              What a wonderful ideal race
              My favorites
              Last edited by Erika; 12 May 2009, 12:50 AM.
              The young hardly ever do as their told!
              Ask the Nox

Comment

i agree with that
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Erika View Post
                  I think the Nox were more advanced than any technology known and because of this they did not need to use aggresiveness in any way.
                  What a wonderful ideal race
                  My favorites
                  Maybe in your opinion, maybe they just find our meager intellect to be beneath them. Like bugs, its no great saving grace to spare them, but squashing them on purpose doesn't really have a point. The Nox hide away while billions of people suffer under the Goa'uld, not very nice.

Reminds me of a quote:

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
                  John Stuart Mill
                  English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

I would say that by those moral the humans are a better race than the Nox.
                  sigpic
                  In Islamofascist Afghanistan, pain experiences you!
                  "The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get." ~ AFSOC MOUT Instructor

Comment

wow interesting great point of veiw when you look at it like that it makes sence and in that way of looking you are correct someone who does nothing and sits by is just as bad as the person who did it
                    sigpic

Comment

An interesting episode. O'Neill and the team were prepared to fight and risk their lives to protect the Nox from the Goa'uld. The Nox just wanted to be left in peace. Their determined 'non-aggression' could put others at risk. As long as the Goa'uld went away and left them alone, they didn't seem to care what happened to anybody else. From one point of view the Nox were good people, so unagressive they wouldn't even kill for food. From another point of view their refusal to face the Goa'uld's impact on other races was the worst kind of passiveness.

Other than that, it showed how people can get obsessed with a thing, when what they want is really something quite different. The Goa'uld and SG-1 were convinced the fenri had the ability to go invisible, when it was really the Nox. It's also interesting to compare Daniel's actions in this episode with the way he became in later seasons. Right now the thing that's driving him is finding Sha're, such that he won't even consider the Nox's way of life. By the end of season 5, he was ready to ascend. Quite a change.
                      C-D
                      Dragon by name, Cheerful by nature

Sig by *E*K*R*

Comment

The Nox seem to be at the point at which thay are almost ready to ascend. They don't get involved in the happenings in the Milky Way. Have vast knowledge of the universe, highly advanced technology, can probably defeat the Goa-uld, happy to let the galaxy be enslaved and live peacefully alone, seems as though they are following the path set by the Ancients.

But I do love them especially Lya (Frida Betrani)

Spoiler:
                        Last edited by Ozman; 21 May 2009, 08:46 AM.

Comment

it does doesn't it
                          sigpic

Comment

The nox are a great example of "Bad things happen when good men do nothing." It was an ok episode not one of my favs.

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
                            Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                              I guess they could only bring someone back if they were sorta dead. If they were mostly dead or all dead the only thing to do would be to go through their clothes and look for loose change.
                              Ok, this was a while ago, but I'd just like to say I loved the quote from The Princess Bride.

This was probably one of my more favorite episodes. I'm not sure why, but I liked it. Maybe it was just that I liked the idea of the Nox.You could say they're peaceful and do nothing, but they do quite a bit by keeping their technology out of the hands of the others who would use it for harm. That should count for something.
                              sigpic

Comment

I like the Nox.They are one of my favorite races in Stargate.They are just cute and with interesting abillities.But also they have especially point of view.

Comment

Working...
                                X