X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay, this was hilarious!!!

as was the remark of Jamala: "nice drawing"

stargate ROX!
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total b*stard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.

Comment

Teal'c smiles in the first seasons are great!

He worked hard on that don't you think!?!

But I like this episode.
      And I like it when Daniel says to Sam the thing with the special ops soldiers and the weird situations. The look he throws to Jack over his shoulder to see how he react on that statement.
      And Jack looking away like I have heard nothing... I like that.
      So what would you think about Alar?
      I'm not sure he is concealing something.
      What do you think it is?
      I do not know. He's concealing it!

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
        Well, I liked how the episode proved the saying Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely. It was a nice episode.
        I agree. I also like how Daniel says that they should have stopped Carter, and Teal's says they would have failed.
        sigpic

Comment

I thought this was one of the best early episodes of SG-1. Nice to see the fallibility of SGC troops early on, helps to ground the series and characters as a whole. The solar radiation thing was a good touch to show that not all worlds are the same.

Some good character (and mythology) development and nice lines...the only thing that confused me was the Independence Day music playing at the end of the episode. I know David Arnold composed the scores for both Stargate and ID4 and both films were by Roland Emmerich, but I'm still not sure why it's in there.
          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
          sigpic
          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I liked this episode. Wasting Jonas was a bit meh, though. (Especially if he's coming back in the 5th season as another actor...) I liked the insanity of this guy, very well acted. And Teal'c's "smile"!
            sigpic

Comment

I didn't read this whole thread so if this has been answered I'll have to find it later but What happened to Baker? I didn't see them throw him thru the gate and SG1 didn't take him back with them. IMO he should have been sent back for court martial.

Comment

That was the first episode of SG-1 I watched. And it hooked me on SG-1. Can't tell why, but it hooked me. It was quite interesting episode, and I laughed a lot at the scene when Daniel joins Jamala on the shore.

EDIT: 6/10
                Last edited by Vagabond Serpent; 05 April 2010, 04:09 AM.
                Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

This episode is alright for me. It always reminds me of X-Files' episode "Our Town" from season two, even though the stories are not similar at all.

Comment

Should have known at this point that Carter's curse with men would be an ongoing situation.
                    no means no, and so does pepper spray
                    Sig by The Carpenter
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf View Post
                      I think Jonas could have made a nice recurring character if he hadn't of died in this episode. Think about it, a Tauri who has come to think of himself as a god trying to setup an empire somewhere..
                      Yeah, I hoped that too. Sooo cool. Jonas Hanson. The nemesis of SG-1.
                      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I liked this episode. Its plot was eminently believable. What else could be inevitably expected to happen when you throw isolated groups of men into far-flung and strange worlds? This is no different from "Heart of Darkness" or "Apocalypse Now."

But the story could have turned out to be more like Cortez and the Conquest of Mexico. Instead of a crazed adventure, it could have rewritten the future history and civilization of an entire planet. That would be interesting to see in the Stargate universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                          Should have known at this point that Carter's curse with men would be an ongoing situation.
                          lol... this is the early sign that anyone you date in a series is going to die?... when it starts near the start of the series... It's the Carter curse...

Sam: "I dunno. I guess I've always had a soft spot for the lunatic fringe."
                          Last edited by Lunaeclipse; 12 February 2011, 05:04 PM.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                          "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                          a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

It had a couple of good moments but a glaring plot hole.

When Carter was pointing her gun at him, all she had to do was shoot him in the leg and then show his followers he was not a god. Plus, since when do gods get sunburns.

William Russ is an excellent actor but he sure had a difficult time with this character. The writing for him was definite clunky.
                            Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

I'm going to be a little nitpicky about when Frakes was killed and then burned. Whatever they doused his body with should not have burned his body to ashes. There should have been more of a skeleton left behind, and yet when Connor and SG1 found the remains, there were only ashes left, along with the dog tags.

Bodies do not burn down completely to ashes just from being doused with something flammable. Even in crematoriums, they have to use extremely high heat for a long period of time to get to the stage of ashes, and even then there are pieces of bone left.

Wishes the producers had consulted someone on this bit.

Otherwise, there were quite a few points about this episode I enjoyed. Though I would like to have had more of a background on Jonas than the fact that he and Sam had been engaged.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                Otherwise, there were quite a few points about this episode I enjoyed. Though I would like to have had more of a background on Jonas than the fact that he and Sam had been engaged.
                                Yeah, me too. It would have been interesting to know what happened there.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                                "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                                a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Working...
                                X