No announcement yet.

The First Commandment (105)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was not one of my favorite episodes. I would have preferred more background on Jonas and Carters relationship, maybe even a mention of him working on base in a different episode. I had no problem believing that Jonas had gone over the deep end, but why didn't the rest of the team stop him as soon as it manifested? Why let him get to a point where he was building a temple and killing the nonbelievers? At least there were some memorable quotes (tastes like chicken) and Teal'c trying to smile.

Comment

I would have preferred more background on Jonas and Carters relationship, maybe even a mention of him working on base in a different episode.
      Yes, this would be very fine. In fact, i dont understand a lot, because my english isnt so well and so perhaps they said a lot about there relationship but i dont understand ^^.

Where is the second bad guy from the "bad" sg team? I didnt see his death.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumdidu View Post
        They didn't show us his fate on screen.

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Good episode.
          I think it's weird that this doesn't happend more often.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumdidu View Post
            Yes, this would be very fine. In fact, i dont understand a lot, because my english isnt so well and so perhaps they said a lot about there relationship but i dont understand ^^.

The villager wearing the SG uniform shot him with a staff weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf View Post
              It was a radiation shield. How would that help with oxygen?
              good question and also why orange? lol

Comment

...My main problem with the shield is that the villagers and stuff were said to have been having to live in caves and stuff to survive and all that, but Sg1 seemed to do just fine under the trees and stuff... so unless it's a prolonged exposure thing...

...my guess to why it was orange is because Goa'uld seem to like orange...or it has something to do with the reason some of those sunglasses that claim to protect your eyes from uv rays are orange... I don't know...
                Last edited by Lunaeclipse; 15 April 2012, 01:22 PM.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

I guess that first command SG-1 was most awesome,because they was is most strong and most bold team,they even destroy Tok'Ra when they was come on Earth.
                  They are even destroy Goa'uld and other's deadly enemies.They are best SG groups.

Comment

Originally posted by John_Shepard View Post
                    I guess that first command SG-1 was most awesome,because they was is most strong and most bold team, they even destroy Tok'Ra when they was come on Earth.
                    They are even destroy Goa'uld and other's deadly enemies.They are best SG groups.
                    Excuse me, what?

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                    sigpic
                    now also appearing on DeviantArt
                    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

yeah but when people lives in caves and come out night only, one thing I don't understand the slaves works during daytime?

Originally posted by Lunaeclipse View Post
                      ...My main problem with the shield is that the villagers and stuff were said to have been having to live in caves and stuff to survive and all that, but Sg1 seemed to do just fine under the trees and stuff... so unless it's a prolonged exposure thing...

...my guess to why it was orange is because Goa'uld seem to like orange...or it has something to do with the reason some of those sunglasses that claim to protect your eyes from uv rays are orange... I don't know...

Comment

They worked during the daytime because Jonas made them. It wasn't normal behavior.

Seaboe
                        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I kind of liked this episode. It's our first glimpse into Carter's history (personal or otherwise) and we get to see her tough it out without it being too over the top-- as it might have been in Emancipation.

Yes, I would have enjoyed some more backstory on Sam and Jonas, but at the same time I appreciate that they didn't make the potential for an abusive relationship to become a major part of the show or its characters.

To me, this episode is very much the epitome of '90s television-- slight camp (in the form of inexplicable color choices and trope use) with the overall enjoyability of quality television. It was heartfelt, and it helped set the tone for the rest of the series.

Comment

I think that Jona'ss intention to build an empire was not a bad idea afterall, however, if he was not stopped and the empire was built and he would be seen as god, he would turn as a bad guy and start doing some krazy ****...

Comment

What he was doing was a bad idea to begin with, and he was crazy to begin with, too.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                              Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                              sigpic
                              now also appearing on DeviantArt
                              Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

there was a bit of an over-obvious attempt to shoe-horn in a background for Carter and the observation that people involved in Black Ops go a bit ga-ga.

I don't like how Sam didn't shoot Jonas but then, in her place i'm not sure I'd have shot him either.

Comment

Working...
                                X