The Broca Divide (104)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zats
    There wasn't enough time in the episode--any new material would have detracted from an already complicated storyline. There may have been a short scene written originally that then wound up on the cutting room floor. And hey--it gives fanfic writers more to play with! (Missing scenes are the bomb!)
    Or perhaps they weren't sure yet whether she was a keeper.

Madeleine

Comment

Ah.
      Spoiler:
      Like the doctor on 'Lockdown'.

Comment

Originally posted by zats
        Ah.
        Spoiler:
        Like the doctor on 'Lockdown'.
        Who definitely wasn't.
        This episode was lots of fun if you didn't take it too seriously.

Comment

I loved this episode. I loved DJ and Teal'c. And I'll definately applaud Chris Judge's acting. I never would have been able to keep a straight face while saying "I am not Lucy." I'll also applaud RDA's acting as an animal. That was pretty darn good! I liked the way Frasier talked to Jack like she knew he still had some intelligence. Most people would have talked to him like... well, an animal.
          Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.
          The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.
          I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Comment

Does anyone else find it very annoying how the voices don't match up with what the way their lips move?Its almost like they took the audio track away, tried editing it, then put it back on, but were off by like a second or so...

I almost couldn't watch the episode today because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kastro187420
              Does anyone else find it very annoying how the voices don't match up with what the way their lips move?Its almost like they took the audio track away, tried editing it, then put it back on, but were off by like a second or so...

I almost couldn't watch the episode today because of it.
              really? I didn't notice

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

Niether did I.
                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Believer
                  I think The Broca Divide was one of RDA's best episodes. His acting was superb, and the role allowed him to play a character other than Jack O'Neill, and he played it brilliantly.

And zats, the whole "Lucy, I'm home" bit is still used at my house. I loved it then, and I still laugh whenever I see it.
                  I have to agree. I watched it yet again last PM, and I can't understand why so many people wanted it voted out (in the Best Epi tourney)so vehemently. RDA's acting was among the best I've seen him do (on SG-1), and it was the episode that introduced us to Dr. Frasier, a big plus in my book.

Overall, I liked it and for a such an early episode, I think it helped establish relationships and characters quite well.
                  On fighting:
                  Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                  Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Im suprised no one else noticed it, next time its on watch it, especially with teal'c and some of his lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                      I have to agree. I watched it yet again last PM, and I can't understand why so many people wanted it voted out (in the Best Epi tourney)so vehemently. RDA's acting was among the best I've seen him do (on SG-1), and it was the episode that introduced us to Dr. Frasier, a big plus in my book.

Overall, I liked it and for a such an early episode, I think it helped establish relationships and characters quite well.
                      i definately agree with you there Lida

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

Ahh, the first of many times Richard Dean Anderson plays some strange variation of O'Neill. Sure he wasn't the only one affected, but he seems to get it the most often... at least 3 more times in the first season alone! Also, I believe the first instance of "SGC hit by strange plague, quarantined, miracle cure found in time."

When I first saw this episode and didn't know what was going on, I thought Daniel seemed too fond of Sam. "Slow down, buddy," I thought, "you've been away from your wife for like, one month."

Originally posted by Selmak
                        if this happened in s7... we would call and alien ally or something... I like that we fixed something ourselves for once.
                        Yeah, that was a definite change over the years. (Season 6 spoiler)
                        Spoiler:
                        I was almost glad when there reached a point when the various allies were either destroyed, backing off to do their own thing, or not returning the SGC's phone calls.

Originally posted by OrangeShipper
                        Oh I love this ep.. But one thing did bother me. It was the first ep with Janet, and yet there was no introduction. No "hey everyone, this is our new Doc" or anything, she was just "there" with no explanation. I would've liked a decent introduction for her!! All in all though, a fantastic ep!!
                        I'd guess they just didn't realize she would end up doing the role so frequently for so long, so "doctor" was all that really mattered at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshuaJSlone
                          [snip]
                          When I first saw this episode and didn't know what was going on, I thought Daniel seemed too fond of Sam. "Slow down, buddy," I thought, "you've been away from your wife for like, one month."[/snip]
                          I think that would be an example of Dr. Jackson's, erm, discomfort of women. See the early bit of 'Emancipation' for further exhibitions of such behavior.

Comment

Average Episode Nothing to write home about really, We came, we got infected, we cured everone the End

Comment

Hey, another sc-fi cliche! but it is understandable because it is in the first season........first glimpse of Doc Frasier!!!

Comment

Mr .Teal'c - ROFLMAO absolute class
                                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X