No announcement yet.

Emancipation (103)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm now watching all of the episodes from the beginning and had never seen this one. I couldn't get myself to watch much of this episode, it was just sooo bad.
    Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoFraggins View Post
      I'm now watching all of the episodes from the beginning and had never seen this one. I couldn't get myself to watch much of this episode, it was just sooo bad.
      but carter kicks butt in it, so go to the end!

i like this ep. this was the episode that showed the fans she could take care of herself.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        but carter kicks butt in it, so go to the end!

i like this ep. this was the episode that showed the fans she could take care of herself.
        Eh. I already know she can handle herself. I may come back to it at some point.
        Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

This episode to me was the first of the real stargate show format. Go through the gate meet a strand culture. get into a problem, and find a way to fix it. So in saying that not my favorite episode, but its the format that got them so far. Also they wanted to show that sam was no push over, think they did a good job on that front.

Comment

first time I saw this ep it was awesome. Carter against the warlord. I cheered when she beat him. Loved it.
            I have to admit now, that if I watch it again, I just need to forward to that scene, the rest I don't need to revisit
            no means no, and so does pepper spray
            Sig by The Carpenter
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
              first time I saw this ep it was awesome. Carter against the warlord. I cheered when she beat him. Loved it.
              I have to admit now, that if I watch it again, I just need to forward to that scene, the rest I don't need to revisit
              It's a shame there was only that one. I would've liked more scenes in the series similar to that one. Carter had some serious girl power in this ep.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
              "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
              a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaeclipse View Post
                It's a shame there was only that one. I would've liked more scenes in the series similar to that one. Carter had some serious girl power in this ep.
                I agree. I think more hand to hand and less shoot them up would have worked. Wonder why they didn't go that route once in a while.
                no means no, and so does pepper spray
                Sig by The Carpenter
                sigpic

Comment

Just Rewatched the episode for the rewatch.. The big take away from this episode is that this will not be ST:TNG as there is no prime directive for SG teams.. This episode proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaeclipse View Post
                    Teyla was given some very good hand-to-hand combat scenes in SGA. I wish they'd given Sam Carter at least a few similar type scenes. "Emancipation" was just a warm-up episode to show off her fighting skills. And then we didn't get to see any more of them (sadly). They were too busy showing off her brain power instead.

Comment

Mooooortal Kooombat!!!!!!!!

Not the best episode for sure. But at the start of a series, every character needs to shine through. and I think this was a good one for Sam. Her kicking some ass at the end was great!

Moments I liked:

"I'm not an anthropologist" - sam, "You are today" - jack

"It kinda works for me" - jack (about the dress)

"what is an oprah?" - Tea'lc

"then we go now" - jack (being badass)

the soundtrack was coming along nicely I think

The fight at the end with Sam reminded me of Dune alot. I am a big fan of Dune and this kinda felt like that a bit.

on to the next!

Comment

Check out Teal'c's facial expression when He, Daniel and Jack are in the tent commenting on Carters looks and Jack/Daniel look at each other and say "Thats definetly you" Damn he does have some hilarious facial expressions all over the show
                        RIP Don S. Davis 1942-2008

Comment

Originally posted by Zaany View Post
                          Check out Teal'c's facial expression when He, Daniel and Jack are in the tent commenting on Carters looks and Jack/Daniel look at each other and say "Thats definetly you" Damn he does have some hilarious facial expressions all over the show
                          Haha! That was a great scene.

Overall, not a hugely important or groundbreaking episode. has its weak moments, of course, but it isn't horrible. I do like that they imply that there have already been other missions (Jack talking about '595). It is easy to think that each episode happens in one day, right after each other. You kind of have to build in extra days during certain episodes to make them make more sense. In the same way, I like the idea that we aren't necessarily seeing every mission they go on.

Yes, Sam's defensiveness about being a woman is a bit much at times. I can buy her need to prove herself to a certain extent, but I'm glad they toned down her almost bullheadedness about it.

It got their feet wet with the idea of interacting (for good or bad) with other cultures, not just cultures like the Goa'uld who are out to destroy Earth, either.
                          Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Of course we're not seeing each mission, later seasons suggested that one season - roughly one year.
                            Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Not one of my favorite eps but liked carter's fight at end--she can hold her own.

Comment

I do cringe a little watching this ep. But there's more than enough good stuff in it to make up for it. Love the boys' faces when they see Sam in the dress...just noticed today that Jack is actually laughing while the other two are still 'WTF'-ing. How my little shipper brain didn't see that before, i don't know

Comment

Working...
                                X