No announcement yet.

The Enemy Within (102)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a chance to see this ep again recently and I found it funny during the operating scene, the clock keeps changing during all the different camera shots. During one shot its at 1 hr and during the next its back at 0. Then goes back up again and back to 0.

The little things you notice during a rewatch
    sigpic

Comment

Well, I'm gonna miss the funny Kawalsky. He only appeared in Stargate, COTG, and this ep. Sooo gonna miss the poor guy.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

The story for this episode is interesting. This is the beginning of the series yet: how powerful are the alien symbiotes? How much control can they exert? Can they be extracted? (Is there hope for Share and Skara?)

I was however much more interested in the fate of Tealc on earth than the fate of the red-shirt Kawalsky (despite his rank). This episode did bring home the awfulness of the alien possession nonetheless.

Comment

I liked Kawalsky. He died well. Though I really like the actor so was always glad to see him.
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Major Kawalsky was a good man, and he and Colonel O'Neill seemed close. It's just too bad he died. I would liked to have seen a lot more of him. He was a great team leader too. The SGC lost a brave and true soldier.
            "I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
            "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

To me I understand why they needed this episode. that doesn't mean I liked it.
              Kawalsky to me I really had no feelings for him at all so him being a live or dead was whatever. The thing that gets me the most is that Goa'uld was able to survive with 80 percent of its body missing. This goes against a lot of future episodes, again second episode stuff is going to be wrong compared to future truths. But it did make you think that they are really powerfull, to survive like that.

So all in all it was a decent episode I give it a 6-10. I wonder what would be changed if they re did the first season.

Any way starfox over and out.

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                Well, I'm gonna miss the funny Kawalsky. He only appeared in Stargate, COTG, and this ep. Sooo gonna miss the poor guy.
                Kawalsky also appeared a few more epsodes. Once in a backflash and two more as an alternative Kawalsky.

Comment

Kowalsky is one of my most favorites. For the short time he was on, I found him memorable
                  no means no, and so does pepper spray
                  Sig by The Carpenter
                  sigpic

Comment

even know this was not the best episode, it was a great plot device to divulge info on how the symbiotes work.

favorite quotes:
                    "bugs on a windshield" - jack

"permission to barge in sir" - jack lol

"if you dont make it, can I have your stereo?" - jack lol

"the embarkation room" hehe (I'm glad it became the 'gate room' later)

"dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out" - hammond (he is such a bad ass)

"you cannot pass" - tea'lc (also a bad ass)

also loved the shot of the team at the end. the whole episode has some great camera work. some of the shots are long. and the one at the beginning of the gate from below looking up is very cool.

when they talked to the Goa'uld in kawalski, that was intense!

on to the next episode!

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                      when they talked to the Goa'uld in kawalski, that was intense!
                      I completely agree! I think Jay Acovone's performance as Possessed Kawalski in this episode is perhaps the most menacing and demonic of the entire franchise. Frightening stuff.

OK episode. Like some other comments i was far more interested in the Teal'c B plot rather than the Kawalski A plot.

I rewatched CotG Final Cut, and all those suggestions the edited ending affected the impact of this episode are innacurate. I think, if anything, the fact Kawalski is not possessed at the end of CotG is actually more surprising and a bigger twist in this episode. And there is adequate explanation and discussion in the episode the fill in the gaps.

"The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.” - Henry David Thoreau

sigpic

Comment

Just rewatched for second time in past two weeks. As I am not a big fan of episodes with goa'uld it wasn't my favourite, but I as well enjoyed Kawalsky. he was portrayed perfectly having those two personalities and how he suffered. Quite a bit of info about Goa'uld.
                        In 1st couple of episodes Teal'c was not like himself, acted like a robot. He loosened up a bit in later episodes.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nindif View Post
                          I rewatched CotG Final Cut, and all those suggestions the edited ending affected the impact of this episode are innacurate. I think, if anything, the fact Kawalski is not possessed at the end of CotG is actually more surprising and a bigger twist in this episode. And there is adequate explanation and discussion in the episode the fill in the gaps.
                          not having seen the Final cut I was wondering if this was the case. Thank you for the explination. I would think it would just make the beginning of "EwI" more mysterious is all. Mysterious is not a bad thing right?

Comment

I was thinking about other people who have said that this is now considered the first episode because CotG is sorta like a second movie. At first I didn't really like that idea, but after having just watched the episode through it occurs to me that if you do consider this episode the first one it is kinda poetic. This episode ends with the team walking through the gate their backs to us to explore new worlds and new places. The last episode of the series ends the same way. They book end each other, if you think of this as the first episode. That is kinda cool.

Comment

My LiveJournal entry

So what's the deal with those Jaffa coming through when the iris was closed?
                              Sorry, I might get a bit gross here, but Sam says that they wouldn't be fully rematerialised yet, so does that mean they didn't end up as blood splats on the other side of the iris?
                              Also sorry if this is a stupid question or is explained further later and I have forgotten.
                              "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                              "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                              "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                              "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I also enjoyed the amount of backstory revealed in this episode, especially during Teal'c's interrogation...the Tauri, genetic memory....and, oh my, Christopher, how you've grown!
                                Getting the full view of the briefing room was kinda cool, as well recognizing the things we later took for granted., like MRI's and post mission medicals! Welcome Janet!

While I noted the team shot at the end, I hadn't connected it with Unending. :-(

Comment

Working...
                                X