No announcement yet.

The Enemy Within (102)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was a shame they got rid of kawalsky but it was good to see that Teal'c finally proved himself. it was pretty underated,
    Some say that he has only one ear.
    And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
    All we know is he's called
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak View Post
      I just though how funny it would be if the Goa'uld took over the chevron guy.
      In "Avatar", Siler gets the glowing eyes treatment, but Walter never did!
      sigpic
      Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
        In "Avatar", Siler gets the glowing eyes treatment, but Walter never did!
        They should have done it in a parody episode. :/
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I liked how they did the music in the operation scene, really fitting and helping the tension up...
          The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total b*stard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.

Comment

like it. but sad how kawalsky died. kinda like his character, but maybe they only wanted to focus on oneill. nice little continuation of the pilot. didnt like it much the first time around, thought was kinda boring but on the ...like fourth time ^^ nice to see how tealc proved his loyality to our world.
            gave it an 8/10.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm a big fan of this episode. Jay Acovone is a superb actor, and his portrayal of Kawalsky was very well done.

It seems that for me, the first episode after the pilot is generally pretty poor (most of the Star Trek series, Atlantis' second episode wasn't great, "Air, part 3" from Universe) but "The Enemy Within" added so much to the series - Goa'uld possession, the start of the almost constant need for validation of the SGC and Teal'c's loyalty to the USAF and Government, the complete formation of SG-1. It also stands up very well when viewed years later, unlike certain other first season episodes.

8/10.

Comment

Yes, I've always been happy to see the actor.

When he and Amanda did that scene in the elevator, he pushed and Amanda threw herself backward a bit to hard. She ended up with a concussion! Sam sliding down the wall was Amanda sliding down the wall.
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

This was a perfect episode to follow the pilot. Absolutely. One of my favorites from season 1, though seeing Kawalsky go didn't exactly made me jump for joy. But the fact that I was not super happy to see him go is just a sign that the writers and the actors did great job with this episode.

I loved the political debate over Teal'c situation as well. A great plotline to include, as well as very necessary one.

Comment

d/p
                    Last edited by Tachyon; 06 April 2010, 09:35 PM.

Comment

This was a great episode, Hammond was so strong but poor Kawalsky.
                      sigpic

Comment

Great ep, loved Teal'c. What a shame about Kawalsky...
                        sigpic

Comment

Quite good episode. Keeps you tense and hoping that this snake will be pulled out of Kawalsky, but... I think if he would stay in the show it'd go in a very different way sometimes... But there TPTB showed that the Goa'Uld are the threat.

EDIT: 7/10
                          Last edited by Vagabond Serpent; 05 April 2010, 04:06 AM.
                          Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                            Yes, I've always been happy to see the actor.

When he and Amanda did that scene in the elevator, he pushed and Amanda threw herself backward a bit to hard. She ended up with a concussion! Sam sliding down the wall was Amanda sliding down the wall.
                            Woah really? Poor Amanda. (she's tough though. )

I particularly like this episode because it shows you about how the Goa'uld can be. I mean they take you as hosts and nothing of the host survives. But I though the moment when Kawalsky (aka the Goa'uld) grabs Sam and puts his hand on her mouth, that was a bit intense.. Then of course he takes her kinda as a hostage.
                            sigpic
                            My tumblr

Comment

Sad moment for Kawalsky I really liked that guy
                              no means no, and so does pepper spray
                              Sig by The Carpenter
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                                Sad moment for Kawalsky I really liked that guy
                                Me 2, shame he had to die, I guess he was just a red shirt
                                Last Movie Watched
                                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                                Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
                                X