No announcement yet.

Children of the Gods (101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think that was a glider. More like a tel'tak. (I assume you're talking about the ship that picked up Goa'uld passengers at the Stargate.)

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
    sigpic
    now also appearing on DeviantArt
    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
      I don't think that was a glider. More like a tel'tak. (I assume you're talking about the ship that picked up Goa'uld passengers at the Stargate.)
      http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis..._display_media

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
      "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
      a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Not a Death Glider, though, unless a VERY unusual one, because they only have twin cockpits, just enough room for a pilot and a weapons person, and no space for passengers. To me that looks like some sort of personal transport that utilizes some of the same wing structure used on the gliders. Possibly something unique to Apophis and/or his cronies.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
        Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

The ship that dropped Apophis and Amonet had transporter rings that they came down in, as did Klorel/Skaara. The death gliders have two seats and are quite small...I don't remember them having rings.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
          "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
          a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

I'm thinking tel'tak, the sport model, with the optional reverse-swept wing package. Sort of like the souped-up Mustang of the Goa'uld transport world...

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
            Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Regarding the odd death glider thing. I've heard they replaced it in the final cut with a Tel'tak. Or is it an Al'Kesh. I forget haha
              sigpic

Comment

After a week now i have time to look the first episode of stargate sg1 (to much work in holidays ;( ).
                I love the scene as Carter is coming into the mission room and she asserted against O'Neil.
                Perhaps i dont unterstand, why they have only in the first epsiode frozen skin and i dont know why mr jackson has a allergic against gates .

The only epsiode in stargate sg1, where i have seen tits isn't right?

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                  I'm thinking tel'tak, the sport model, with the optional reverse-swept wing package. Sort of like the souped-up Mustang of the Goa'uld transport world...
                  I like to think of them as the death glider looks like a bird and the 'transport' ship/'royal carrage' is shaped like a scarab beetle.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumdidu View Post
                    After a week now i have time to look the first episode of stargate sg1 (to much work in holidays ;( ).
                    I love the scene as Carter is coming into the mission room and she asserted against O'Neil.
                    Perhaps i dont unterstand, why they have only in the first epsiode frozen skin and i dont know why mr jackson has a allergic against gates .

The only epsiode in stargate sg1, where i have seen tits isn't right?
                    I think in the movie Daniel said travelling gave him allergies.

Comment

Just wondering what version you all watched of this epi...original or recut version. I'm FINALLY starting the rewatch and just doing the original movie and want to know which version i should start series with
                      sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
                      Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
                      GateCon Vancouver 2011
                      Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

Originally posted by MylittleEli View Post
                        Just wondering what version you all watched of this epi...original or recut version. I'm FINALLY starting the rewatch and just doing the original movie and want to know which version i should start series with
                        I think you'll get a different answer from everybody. Some people like the original, but a lot of people don't like the nudity or find it inappropriate. If you watch the original TV edit, that removes the nudity but also a few of other really great extra scenes. For me, the Final Cut would be my choice because it fixes so much of what is wrong with the episode, removes a lot of the bad stuff (there are SOOO many poor lines and cheesy acting moments in the original) but actually adds quite a bit of new stuff - however, many here will tell you it doesn't work!

It's up to you! I would recommend waching whichever version you are least familiar with.
                        Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post
                          I think you'll get a different answer from everybody. Some people like the original, but a lot of people don't like the nudity or find it inappropriate. If you watch the original TV edit, that removes the nudity but also a few of other really great extra scenes. For me, the Final Cut would be my choice because it fixes so much of what is wrong with the episode, removes a lot of the bad stuff (there are SOOO many poor lines and cheesy acting moments in the original) but actually adds quite a bit of new stuff - however, many here will tell you it doesn't work!

It's up to you! I would recommend waching whichever version you are least familiar with.
                          Oh good answer...I had already watched the new cut, but thats the one I've seen the least. I really find that the original has a few a few "issues". The Directors cut fixes most of those issues, like the cheesy lines and Teal'cs bad voice acting! But it also took out a few things I miss, like the "MacGyver" reference. I LOVED that line!! I really like references that only fans of this or other shows would catch.

I also noticed something I never have before. It starts in the Movie, but continues in COTG. The whole thing with the lighter, how Skara is so impressed with the "magic fire" and is stoked when O'Neill lets him keep the lighter. In the first epi of Atlantis, Shephard actually tries to impress Teyla with the same thing!!! But she has that fancy ancient lighter and tells him they have "master fire long ago". Hilarious little thing I never noticed before!!!
                          sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
                          Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
                          GateCon Vancouver 2011
                          Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

I started the rewatch too, I noticed I've forgotten so many details! Must be ages ago since I watched it. I started with my first SG1 in season 3, and watched the first seasons not in order, so I'm sometimes surprised what happened already in these first eps.
                            Oh, I have the final cut
                            sigpic

Comment

I got to see the final cut for the very first time this past week on You-Tube, and absolutely loved it. I liked Teal'c's voice acting much better, and enjoyed hearing lines from the actors that I'd never heard in the other one. Excellent!
                              "I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
                              "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

rewatching it- I watched the origional cause the director's cut is just so different and I like all the awkward lines(they make me chuckle)-I found this line I'd completely forgotten.

Sam's asking how Daniel married Shari.
                                Jack: "She was a gift"
                                Daniel: "from the villige elders"
                                Sam: "And you excepted" I just really like the look on AT's face

Comment

Working...
                                X