Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goodbye Jack O'Neill! (The "I will miss Jack" Vent Thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by apollosgc
    I really like the character but I completely understand that RDA has his reasons for leaving, I wish him the best, and hope he drops in to the SGC for special occasions.

REALLY going to miss the humor though...
    i think the same. i'll miss his charcter alote

Comment

Originally posted by apollosgc

I really like the character but I completely understand that RDA has his reasons for leaving, I wish him the best, and hope he drops in to the SGC for special occasions.

REALLY going to miss the humor though...

I am going to miss Jack because
      1/ He is HOT!! 2/ He is sooooooooooooo funny 3/ He is irreverent
      4/ He loves all his team(especially Sam)
      5/ He has lots of honour
      6/ Those eyes and smile light up our screens

It just won't be the same, I'll be hanging out for visits form Jack to the SGC, Or maybe the team can meet up for fishing weekends at the cabin.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
      NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

I will miss Jack for all the reasons listed above; hidden intelligence, irreverance, humor, bad puns, loyalty, leadership, so-so looks , as well as his ability to get the team to pull a rabbit out the hat even when it seemed there was no rabbit.
        sigpic

Comment

I'll miss him to, Jack is one of the chief reasons I watch the show.

Looks like we will be stuck with a poorly groomed Daniel , we may have to kidnap and forcibly shave him.
          KNEEL BEFORE YOUR GOD!

Comment

I'll miss Jack.

The "good morning campers" Jack.
            The Jack who taunted Ba'al.
            The Jack who sneered "you ended that sentence with a preposition, you *******".
            Jack blasting away at the replicators on the sub.
            The Jack who protected and led his team.
            Irreverent Jack.
            Wily Jack.

At his best he's really a great character.

I saw the spoiler pics of S9 and I have to admit I got a pang when I saw the pic of Jack.

And I really thought I was fine with him leaving the show - especially since it's clear RDA is ready to move on and spend time with his family (as he should).

Still - it was rather poignant seeing him in the pics. I WILL miss him.
            Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

The things that I will miss about RDA .... weeps ... missing him already soo much

HIS SMILE

HIS ZILLION DOLLAR SMILE ... or ZILLION EURO SMILE ... or ZILLION POUNDS SMILE

HIS STICK UP HAIR

HIS LOVELY NECK

OH OH WHEN HE JOKES AROUND

HIS EYES

ACTION JACK

REVERSE HAT JACK

all pic above fr rda-forever ...

SAM AND JACK .... I AM A SHIPPER

pic fr myrth

Comment

If its any consolation to you, he's said he'll come back if they make a movie .
                * Always remember - You are unique, just like everyone else. *

* Avoid employing unlucky people, throw half of the CVs in the bin without reading them. *

Lost City, Part 2 - The Gateworld best ep S1-7

The 'Everyone Gets A Compliment' Thread

Comment

Rrrrrrr. McGriver's gone.
                  I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Originally posted by Ruralstar
                    Feli, thanks for starting this thread and for laying out the ground rules for all of us.

I understand RDA’s reasons for leaving. His dedication to environmental causes and children are just part of the reasons I’ve admired the man for so many years.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Richard Dean Anderson is why I turned on Stargate in the first place. I’ve seen the movie and while it’s a decent flick, I’ve only watched it twice all the way through. Kurt Russell introduced us to the character of Jack O’Neill. RDA brought him to life.

The energy and humor so indicative of the character and Rick’s portrayal have been absent in season eight. There are exceptions-Zero Hour-but by and large there is no spark. Jack is not happy as a General and you can see the conflict in RDA’s performance. He wants to be all things to all people. Play a good part, help guide the show and be a dad to his little girl. I’m happy that he’s chosen the latter.

That doesn’t mean I won’t miss him.

The special interactions Jack shares with each of his team are part of what made Stargate unique. Without getting into the fandom politics I will say all of the team. Jonas worked for me because of Corin’s personal energy level and the dynamic of Jonas finding his legs and Jack blaming and later accepting him as part of the team and not a malicious pariah.

The Daniel and Jack friendship is complex and rarely attested to in so many words. It is an underlying theme that brought humor and drama to moments via a simple handshake, a shared grin, or a manly embrace.

Teal’c and Jack, warriors, brothers in arms possessed of a shared mentality. There were moments of conflict and moments of quiet strength. Two that come instantly to mind are; the scene in the Gateroom in Message in a Bottle and the moment on the scoutship in Lost City. These guys understood one another and they cared as openly as they could.

Jack and Sam… How to comment on this without setting off WWIII? Okay whether you saw friendship or love between them there was no doubt that Jack found great pride in Sam’s accomplishments. He tried to groom her for command and he counseled her in her mistakes. The First Commandment and Gemini come to mind. Opposite ends of the series but both illustrate my point. There was something special between these two.

Jack is the leader, the Patriarch of this admittedly dysfunctional group. RDA brings a passion and a presence to the screen. He has his own vibe and it cannot be mimicked or replaced.

I will miss Jack’s wit, charm and easy grace. I will miss seeing that secretive smile that has been largely absent in the last two years. I’ll miss seeing a very fine example of the human male strolling across my screen.

I’ll miss him, period.
                    *tears* *sob* *sniff* *sniff*Rural!!!!!Holy wow..... What a great way to put it!!!!

I'll miss RDA so much!!!! I think what Jack had,made Stargate great!Theres now a big HONKIN' hole in SG-1,now that hes gone! ........I agree with RDA's decision,totally and I'm glad that he was able to give us 8 wonderful years as Jack O'neill...... And I hope he knows how much everyone will miss him in S9!!!!!! We love you RDA and will miss you greatly in S9!

-Cheyenne

Comment

Originally posted by da_hippie
                      If its any consolation to you, he's said he'll come back if they make a movie .
                      If we can't get to see Jack on our small screens(where he looks great), at least we might get to see him on the big screen(where I'm sure he will look AMAZING). Just think about Jack being that big, more of him to look at and drool over.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                      NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

WOW BIG SCREEN OF RDA just thinking of that idea .... sooo HOT

Comment

Yeah, big screen Jack. More to look at and more to drool over.

I know I'm repeating myself but it's worth saying twice.

Hey, I'm now a mature symbiote. Cool.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                          NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

JACK!

RDA!

WANT THEM BOTH!

sally :/
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

I need to make sure that I have a box of tissues at hand when Jack leaves our screens this season. So sad to see him go and I will probably cry all the way through that ep. BOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                              NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

I'll miss Jack for just about every reason everyone else has already mentioned here, I keep trying to put a brave face on S9 but it's turning out harder than I thought. The smile, the sneer, the sarcasm, the unexpected glimpses of sensitivity that really lie beneath the gruff exterior, those brown eyes, that silver hair, those black t-shirts, that 'take that snakeheads' gritted teeth look as he fires his zat, the roll of the eyes when faced with technobabble, the 'I'd rather be fishing' look when those briefings stretch on and on. RDA as Rural said brought Jack O'Neill to life, we've so much to be thankful for & it's wonderful that he's made the decision to put his child first but oh, is it tough to let Jack go.

We're usually a month or two behind the US with the new season airdates in the UK too but *sniffle sniffle* I'm moping already, thank goodness we have so many great eps to look back on and enjoy as well as - hopefully - the occasional glimpse of Jack himself.

*runs off to find the Kleenex*

Comment

Working...
                                X