Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goodbye Jack O'Neill! (The "I will miss Jack" Vent Thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i too will miss jack and his "in english carter?" attitude, but the fact that he's doing this for daughter (i think) is good, hes got his prioritys in order and his bigest one is his family, that i have no problem with. after all they spend allmost all day filming, they have what a 2 or 3 month brake? and if their not filming or at home, they might be at some sorda convention. imagine doing that for for 7-8 years? i know id wimp out and have a nerous brakedown, ill still miss him though
    anyone up for some Armageddon?

Comment

I've just come across this thread... a bit of an old newbie here, if you get me... and what a sad thread it is.

But I understand your feelings and I am going to miss Jack so, so much. To me his character is irreplaceable and his unique relationships with Sam, Daniel and Teal'c are the very essence of the show. I'm going to watch season 9 anyway, but I know it won't be the same... in fact, it will probably depress me more than I enjoy it.

Stargate without Jack is unimaginable! Unthinkable! Everyday I click onto Gateworld and scan the news column for any hint of RDA in another future episode... and alas, there's just "Avalon" so they can say a proper good-bye to him. But I suppose we should be thankful for that, at least.

Actually, I'm very thankful for the eight fantastic seasons RDA and his character has given us and, as someone else said, we'll always have the DVDS to smile at when we're missing him too much.

Thank you RDA, for numerous brilliant Jack moments and for consequent grins and chuckles! We lovvvvvvvvve you! ((((((((RDA)))))))) And we love Jack!

Comment

RDA and Noah Wyle both leaving their series in the same year! I don't think I can stand it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok13
          i too will miss jack and his "in english carter?" attitude, but the fact that he's doing this for daughter (i think) is good, hes got his prioritys in order and his bigest one is his family, that i have no problem with. after all they spend allmost all day filming, they have what a 2 or 3 month brake? and if their not filming or at home, they might be at some sorda convention. imagine doing that for for 7-8 years? i know id wimp out and have a nerous brakedown, ill still miss him though
          I love Jack, and I will miss him more than I can say, but he has been on the set in Vancouver, for the past 2 years, at most, 2-3 days a week, and not even every week. He has been cutting his shooting schedule down since Season 5 and he has never attended any conventions. Althought I can understand he wants to spend more time with his daughter, he does spend alot of time at charity events, which his daughter doesn't always attend. And now, she is entering school......so maybe he is just tired and needs a break from SG-1. By asking the TPTB to keep the character of O'Neill active, perhaps after recharging his batteries, he will return, even if it's just guest appearances. Here's hoping anyway....

Love ya RDA!
          On fighting:
          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I'm completely in mourning. I discovered Stargate just a couple of years ago. I've had Stargate Mondays and now I own all the DVDs so I've had the joy of watching the team evolve over 8 years all in the last 18 months or so! I can't imagine how you who've watched the show for eight years must be feeling - like you're losing a best friend!

SG-1 will never be the same. It's about Sam, Teal'c, Daniel and JACK. But I guess it has slowly been fading over the last couple of seasons.... maybe that will help ease the pain.
            I agree it would be so wonderful if we could have him even for a few scenes in the occasional ep... (good scenes, not lame scenes LOL). But from the little we've heard from RDA, I'm afraid he might not come back. He has compelling reasons to leave and his detachment has been showing. His latest interview indicated he's been "getting offers" for work in LA. But, as others have posted, I guess I'm glad we've had a couple of seasons to get used to the idea... that doesn't make it any easier to take ... (Some people like to pull a bandage off slowly, but others like to just rip it off and get the pain over with....)

Ravinia

Comment

I'm as dissappointed as the next person about Jack not being a regular anymore!. That being said, a few years ago they were talking about how the reduced role of Jack was signaling the end of the SG series. But with the resurgence of it comeing to the scifi channel, all talk of ending the series was squashed (thank God!). I think the show can still remain solid and interesting without Jack. I just hope he still wants some kind of role in the show so we can see him a few times a season.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Sometime within the past six months or so, RDA was briefly filmed attending an event in Canada. (I think it had to do with who has been the most influential woman in his life....) I can't remember the exact question he was asked, but I'll always remember his answer. Smiling, he replied that the day his daughter was born was the day he became a man----he was beaming as he said it. How could anyone not love him for saying something wonderful like that?! It melted my heart----what a sweetie! I wish him the best Father's Day ever!

RDA's "Jack" has been such a treat to behold for the past eight seasons. He brought strength, courage, humor (amazing humor), sensitivity and depth to a character who could have ended up two-dimensional at best. (Try imagining any other actor as "Jack O'Neill".....) The chemistry between RDA, AT, MS and CJ has been a thing of beauty and a rare occurrence, in my opinion. Remove one piece of the puzzle and the chemistry is never the same again. But life goes on and situations change. People move on. SG-1 fans have had eight seasons of a really great show and we have a lot to be thankful for.

Thank you, Richard, for giving so much of yourself to StarGate SG-1 over the years! I wish you a truly happy life......
                Last edited by SimilarCadence; 05 June 2005, 12:02 PM.

Comment

I'll miss him because he made me laugh when cater came up with a complicated plain and made her make it simple.
                  Last edited by Kingomon; 21 June 2005, 09:56 AM. Reason: I already did the original Question
                  Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                  Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                  new enemy of the Ori
                  At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

i will miss him becuase he is funny, can think of the simplest of things in a different situation! and likes cake!!!! just like me

Although we will miss him we just have to acccept that RDA as O'Neill is going, to do other things

Comment

Hes the ONE and ONLY...Jack O'neill, hes the biggest smart a** ....hes funny .....carter confuses him ....and hes REALLY hot!!!

Comment

His humor! only he can do it so well

Comment

Miss the "O'Neill-ism" and puns that make you realize he is the smartest character on the show.
                          The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

Because He's such a great character! I'll miss his humor most of all. But for those Jack/Sam shippers, there is still hope... *hint wink nudge*

I'd do anything
                            Just to hold you in my arms
                            Try to make you laugh
                            Somehow I can't put you in the past
                            Jack and Sam Forever
                            || ||

Comment

his irreverance

he could keep things light and not take the whole thing seriously...which kept things grounded for me. like in Redemption, when he went 'oh please, who talks like that'....that's pretty much what i was thinking at the time too
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think all the reasons that I'll miss the character/RDA have been listed. The humor, as well as for me his intelligence (well disgusied at times ), loyalty, leadership...(I'm getting a little misty here...)

I really like the character but I completely understand that RDA has his reasons for leaving, I wish him the best, and hope he drops in to the SGC for special occasions.

REALLY going to miss the humor though...

Comment

Working...
                                X