Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately pretty quiet around here today; people must be busy with Christmas prep.

But for me, Muse finally decided to return, and I'm working on a little fic that I'll post sometime today! It feels good to be writing again!

sigpic
    The Return of King Arthur
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

:
      :

Never forget that our ship is GW's smilie for "love."
      sigpic
      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
        Unfortunately pretty quiet around here today; people must be busy with Christmas prep.

But for me, Muse finally decided to return, and I'm working on a little fic that I'll post sometime today! It feels good to be writing again!

Excellent! I'm looking forward to reading it.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post

:
          :

Never forget that our ship is GW's smilie for "love."
          Indeed!

sigpic

Comment

Hello there, Zysu - thanks for hanging - see you later!
            Wait! That's me!?!

Damn it. I went and had a baby and completely forgot I was signed up here. Doh!

I'd post something but I have no clue what the rules are on sourcing pics. I have pics and gifs but no clue where I got them from.

Anyway, Happy Shipmas everyone!

Oh hell, I have to figure out how to post this now... I've forgotten everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Zysu View Post
              Wait! That's me!?!

Damn it. I went and had a baby and completely forgot I was signed up here. Doh!

I'd post something but I have no clue what the rules are on sourcing pics. I have pics and gifs but no clue where I got them from.

Anyway, Happy Shipmas everyone!

Oh hell, I have to figure out how to post this now... I've forgotten everything.
              Haha, welcome back! You're doing okay!
              sigpic

Comment

New wallpaper: Strolling

Comment

I'm sorry, I can't stay, I'm busy with Christmas things, like meeting friends, Christmas parties, singing with the choir, baking..
                  Good night!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                    I'm sorry, I can't stay, I'm busy with Christmas things, like meeting friends, Christmas parties, singing with the choir, baking..
                    Good night!
                    Merry Shipmas, Cairistiona! Good to see you, if only for a moment! I don't think anyone will criticize you for being busy at Christmas! Enjoy yourself!
                    sigpic

Comment

So my fic is turning out a bit longer than expected (story of my life), so the full length version will be available soon, but here's the first half or so.

Just a day in the life of the O'Neill's. Set present-day and in the same universe as my fanfic: Having Everything (which you may want to read as a background for this little ficlet).

The fic's also turning into a bit of a love letter for my favorite state, where at the moment, we are colder than Antartica!

~~~

Warmth (Working Title)

Sam curled deeper into her blanket as the door opened and a gust of icy air flowed through the previously warm cabin. She shivered and set down the technology report she'd been reading so that she could wrap her hands in the folds of her sweater.

"Oofdah! It is a bit nippy out there today!" Her husband stepped through the door, a five-year-old boy hanging on his neck. Nathan was a perfect miniature of Jack; they were both covered from head to toe in snowsuits and jackets, their cheeks bright red with fluffy, white snow still adhering to their gloves, scarves, and hats.

Jack set Nathan on the floor and then stomped several times on the mat to dislodge the snow from his boots. A few large clumps fell, but Sam didn't mind as long as they didn't track it through the rest of the house.

"Oofdah!" the little boy parroted, and he also slammed his feet on the mat. Jack smiled and turned to Sam.

"I taught him that," he said proudly. He leaned down to help Nate shake off his jacket, now wet from playing outside in the snow for nearly an hour.

"I figured," Sam grinned. "I'm sure Cassie and Brian will appreciate that their son now speaks like a true Minnesotan."

"All part of my plan to get them to move up here so they can be closer to us." It was true, Sam thought. They did seem to spend more of their time in Minnesota instead of DC since they both "semi"-retired and began working as consultants for the Stargate program.

"Brian grew up in Arizona; I don't think he's going to voluntarily live where he has to worry about his car starting in the morning. I think they're perfectly happy in Virginia."

Jack turned back to the little boy, who was seated on the floor, his face screwed up in frustration as he tried to wrench his boots off his feet. Jack stooped a little stiffly and grabbed hold of one boot. "Yeah, we are a hardy bunch up here; your daddy might not make the cut," he teased lightly as he pulled gently on the boot. "But you like it, don't you, Nate?"

"Yeah!" Nathan sniffed loudly and swiped his arm across his nose, leaving a long trail of snot on his shirtsleeve. Jack pulled off the other boot, and the little boy jumped up and ran over to the sofa, his thick snow pants rustling loudly as he moved.

"I like the snow, Aunt Sam!" he said excitedly. "We made snow angels and had a snowball fight, and Uncle Jack said that he'd take me ice fishing tomorrow!"

Sam smiled and reached over to pull his damp hat off his head and smoothed his mussed, tawny hair. "And you're not afraid of sitting on the ice in the cold all day?"

The boy's brown eyes lit up. "It's fishing, Auntie Sam! There's nothing better than fishing!"

Sam looked at Jack who was hanging his own jacket on a hook inside the door. She could see the unabashed pride in his eyes, and she smiled.

"Yes, I understand the feeling."

Nathan kicked off his snow pants and jumped onto the couch, burrowing himself inside Sam's blanket.

"Are you cold?"

"No, I'm not cold," the little boy gazed up at her and lied valiantly, as if he risked disappointing his favorite aunt and uncle with his answer, but his blotchy red cheeks and chin gave him away.

Sam wrapped the blanket around him tightly and settled him closer to her. "Well, should we make up some hot cocoa anyway?"

If possible, Nathan looked even more excited, and he jumped up and ran to the kitchen, the blanket trailing behind him as he clutched it around his body. "Come on!"

Sam warded off another shiver now that her blanket was gone. By now, Jack had finished hanging up his and Nathan's snow gear. He walked over and offered her a dry and chapped hand. She took it and stood, giving Jack a peck on his frozen lips.

"Mmm, you're cold," she complained. She turned to walk into the kitchen, but her husband held onto her hand and pulled her back for another kiss. This one lingered, slow and deliberate, and she felt Jack's soft moan under her lips. He pulled back, looked her up and down and raised an eyebrow.

"I can think of several ways that you could warm me up," he said in a sultry voice.

"Yeah?" Sam leaned closer and placed several kisses on his prickly face, enjoying his familiar scent. This close she no longer noticed the chilly air that had previously invaded the cabin. There was already a warmth that she could feel between the two of them, and it had nothing to do with the subzero temperatures outside.

"Come on!" Nathan's voice rang through the cabin.

Sam sighed pulled away ruefully before turning toward the kitchen. "No chance of that happening with two kids in the house."

She jumped as she felt a playful pinch on her behind. "Worth a shot."

~~~

Hope you enjoyed; the full version will be on ff.net sometime soon!

I should hopefully be back by the end of our little celebration, but I've got a movie night with friends (The Star Wars Holiday Special ... I'm prepared to be thoroughly scarred by it's horribleness!).

But if I'm not back by then, thanks to those who came out today, it's always lovely to see you! Merry Christmas, Happy Shipmas, and blessings into the new year!

Much love,
                      Jess
                      sigpic

Comment

Looking forward to read the rest of the story, Jess

Comment

New wallpaper: Beneath the stars

Good night - and merry Shipmas

Comment

Hello shippers Happy Shipmas to all! It's great to come to this place to meet fellow shippers and find a fresh collection of shippy stuff, old and new ?

Comment

Beautiful wallpaper scimm! Looking forward to the rest of the story Jess!

Comment

I wonder if SG1 ever celebrated Christmas. None of them actually had a family. So I think they volunteered for offworld missions together during holidays because they were true family...

Comment

Working...
                                X