This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
    As this seemed to be getting a little OT for the Martin thread, I thought I'd post this here.

Ya'll can decide for yourself.

Recut Briefing Room Scene
    Spoiler:

that *was* more shippy!!!

those two looks, right after sam commented on the arm wrestling, and then at the very end...

but that arm wrestling look...

*thank you*, apa!!
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
      Pshaw! I would have to disagree! Now jump-start your Muse and write something that's gonna make me cry! ~Jess
      I can do making people cry!

Although normally someone almost dies

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      Spoiler:

those two looks, right after sam commented on the arm wrestling, and then at the very end...

*thank you*, apa!!
      Spoiler:
      I know right! My mouth like dropped to the floor I was like "Holy! crap!! They need a supply closet right now!"

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
        I agree with what you've written.

My thoughts: spoilers for 'children of the gods' remix [SPOILERS]

Spoiler:
        I also missed Sam's little smirk when Jack says (in the briefing) "...to Mr. Glass Half-empty over there." But...the added longer eye contact and potentially deep looks between them make up for it.
        Spoiler:
        now that i've seen it for myself, i agree the added stuff makes up for the loss, in this scene. *squees*

Spoiler:
        What else? Nice extended scenes with Kowalski, in the battle sequence. Awesome extra ships viseffects added in (the S/J shoulder-to-shoulder cheer is still in place. Oh, happily they cut the part when Amanda "acts." I mean when she's standing outside the hole Jack's blown into the prison wall and yelling, "C'mon, let's go," over and over. I remember once she said she hated that clip and I have to agree.
        Spoiler:
        the shoulder scene is still there!!

so do they show sam motioning ppl out of the cave -but edited, or is the entire sequence gone?

Spoiler:
        Buy it. It's under $20 (US) and worth it. And...I haven't even heard Rick's commentary. That's tonight!
        Spoiler:
        i am *very* close to buying it now, especially after *seeing* the proof for myself.

one more question regarding the cuts. is the scene where teal'c first arrives through the gate and hands his staff off to sam; is that gone?

wait, another question. when sam was setting up the charges and jack and one of his buddies makes some comment, and sam casually says she finished doing it; is that gone too? i can't remember what part of the ep it came in, other than they were on the planet and, uh, setting up the charges.

wait, here's the transcript of that scene:

(snipped)
        With that, he turns and walks away, leaving Daniel slightly irritated. O'Neill joins Kawalsky, who's standing near the edge of the circle of stones.

KAWALSKY: We'll have to set camp where there's better cover, Colonel.

WARREN: (coming up to them) Sir, I found what looks like a trail in the mountains. Looks like it hasn't seen traffic in a couple of days.

Carter comes towards them, unspooling a cable across the campsite.

O'NEILL:Thank you, Airman. (as the soldier leaves) Carter?

CARTER: We could set up a line of claymores along that ridge at ten-meter intervals.

O'NEILL: Sound about right, Kawalsky?

KAWALSKY: Yeah, that'll work.

i liked that scene, because it showed a tough sam (the guys acted surprised, if i'm remembering right), and because i liked the way amanda played it. scientist, woman, and still knew how to do these tough he-man things. you go, sam!

thanks, pol!
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Hmmmm, still not sold on CotG.
          Spoiler:
          The scene turned out better than I thought; I was kinda scared with all the changes I'd heard were made. I like the longer looks they send each other....I was afraid Hammond would court martial them right there. Sam still comes off as strong and the character I love. It was a good scene, but I'm not ready to run out and buy it...yet. But I might when Brooke's here, to give us something to do and some 'new' Stargate to watch. Of course, any more clips/caps/info that's shippy in anyway will help tip the balance.

Fair Game is on. Love the promotion scene and the part later when Sam wishes Jack good luck. And Thor...I love Thor!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
            Hmmmm, still not sold on CotG.
            Spoiler:
            The scene turned out better than I thought; I was kinda scared with all the changes I'd heard were made. I like the longer looks they send each other....I was afraid Hammond would court martial them right there. Sam still comes off as strong and the character I love. It was a good scene, but I'm not ready to run out and buy it...yet. But I might when Brooke's here, to give us something to do and some 'new' Stargate to watch. Of course, any more clips/caps/info that's shippy in anyway will help tip the balance.

Spoiler:
            after watching the scene (and sam and jack's loooong smoldering exchange), samuels cleared his throat and said, 'i hate to throw a damper on your enthusiasm, but i still say [...]' ... i loved it that it came off with samuels interrupting sam and jack's *moment*!

in the original, did he clear his throat before speaking that line? it won't really matter, because the sam/jack/smoldering effect still happened, but i was just curious.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
              after watching the scene (and sam and jack's loooong smoldering exchange), samuels cleared his throat and said, 'i hate to throw a damper on your enthusiasm, but i still say [...]' ... i loved it that it came off with samuels interrupting sam and jack's *moment*!

in the original, did he clear his throat before speaking that line? it won't really matter, because the sam/jack/smoldering effect still happened, but i was just curious.
              CotG S/J
              Spoiler:
              I was thinking the same thing. Sam and Jack certainly were enthusiastic. I don't recall exactly how the original went. And I like Jack's look at the end of the scene. It was like 'What have I gotten myself into?"

Comment

*Runs in borrowing Jann's computer*
                This is B here
                Just wanted to run in and say
                "JANN'S GOT GUTTER SHOES!!!! JANN'S GOT GUTTER SHOES!!!!"
                We are in Williamsburg for the final leg of her trip and we hit the outlet shops today and Jann found these really cute Converse shoes that have little fish on them that are so cute. So of course we made gutter references and had to try to explain it to my mom.

As for the new COtG
                Spoiler:
                OMG I love it. I always hated that episode (my least favorite because of how we met Sam and the whole naked scene), so I was so happy to see how it turned out. Jann of couse was squeeing at certain moments because certain people where holding gazes longer. I give it an 8 out of 10 because they seemed to have forgotten the whole part about Kawalsky getting snaked but if it wasn't for forgetting that I would have given it a 9, where as before it was a lovely 2 tops...yes I hated it that bad.

Anyways getting ready to run to dinner. So I will give the lappy back to Jann.
                *Runs out oh and Jann is wearing the gutter shoes now*
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                  *Runs in borrowing Jann's computer*
                  This is B here
                  Just wanted to run in and say
                  "JANN'S GOT GUTTER SHOES!!!! JANN'S GOT GUTTER SHOES!!!!"
                  We are in Williamsburg for the final leg of her trip and we hit the outlet shops today and Jann found these really cute Converse shoes that have little fish on them that are so cute. So of course we made gutter references and had to try to explain it to my mom.

As for the new COtG
                  Spoiler:
                  OMG I love it. I always hated that episode (my least favorite because of how we met Sam and the whole naked scene), so I was so happy to see how it turned out. Jann of couse was squeeing at certain moments because certain people where holding gazes longer. I give it an 8 out of 10 because they seemed to have forgotten the whole part about Kawalsky getting snaked but if it wasn't for forgetting that I would have given it a 9, where as before it was a lovely 2 tops...yes I hated it that bad.

Anyways getting ready to run to dinner. So I will give the lappy back to Jann.
                  *Runs out oh and Jann is wearing the gutter shoes now*
                  Aw, post a picture of her shoes! They sound cute...how can cute little fishies turn to gutter? Well, Jann is the Queen.

Dinner at 9? Y'all are as bad as me!

Comment

Spoiler:

*thank you*, apa!!
                    I haven't seen it yet...but I plan to no later than the weekend. But with all the reviews you all are posting, I must raise an old question:
                    Spoiler:
                    So...does this remove any doubt that TPTB were thinking of S/J as a couple from the very beginning?

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                      I haven't seen it yet...but I plan to no later than the weekend. But with all the reviews you all are posting, I must raise an old question:
                      Spoiler:
                      So...does this remove any doubt that TPTB were thinking of S/J as a couple from the very beginning?

Oh, they were
                      Spoiler:
                      soooooooooooooooo thinking it. There's no hiding it now!

Comment

Oh, they were
                        Spoiler:
                        soooooooooooooooo thinking it. There's no hiding it now!
                        That's what I was thinking.

Comment

Aw, post a picture of her shoes! They sound cute...how can cute little fishies turn to gutter? Well, Jann is the Queen.

Comment

*Looks around* It feels like forever since I've been here!

CotG (not really spoilers...but anywho...)
                            Spoiler:
                            All this talk about the CotG remake makes me want it...Jena, we might have to get our own copies!

I haven't really felt like the whole shipper thread mood, but I did want to stop by and see what others were saying about CotG and to drop off a vid...it's a team vid with J/S, of course! Anywho...

i'm ready

Comment

Shoes...not mine...but stole the picture from the web
                              Spoiler:

but anyways...dinner and shoes...it was the most GUTTERY! dinner ever...it's all in the shoes!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                                *Looks around* It feels like forever since I've been here!

CotG (not really spoilers...but anywho...)
                                Spoiler:
                                All this talk about the CotG remake makes me want it...Jena, we might have to get our own copies!

I haven't really felt like the whole shipper thread mood, but I did want to stop by and see what others were saying about CotG and to drop off a vid...it's a team vid with J/S, of course! Anywho...

i'm ready
                                Hey, Brooke! Yes, we might have to. And you showed me this vid! Good job as always.
                                Originally posted by starlover View Post
                                Shoes...not mine...but stole the picture from the web
                                Spoiler:
                                http://www.kicksonfire.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/converse-ct-fish-ox-lifestyle-shoes509838f-3.jpg

but anyways...dinner and shoes...it was the most GUTTERY! dinner ever...it's all in the shoes!
                                Thanks for the pic! They're cute! And I don't even want to know how dinner was guttery!

Comment

Working...
                                X