This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
    And the best part of all regarding CotG. . . .

Its dedication.
    So what's in that dedication? I meant to go buy my copy today, but traffic was bad and I just came straight home after work.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
      Oh, I so totally agree with you! And I'm sure Jack turned his back. I'm just certain of it.

I watched the ep today too, and something (not so shippy) struck me that I had never noticed before. When Makepeace has just found Sam and Daniel, he asks where O'Neill is and they tell Makepeace that Jack has been implanted with a symbiote. Then, Makepeace tells them they're moving out, and Sam asks, "What about Colonel O'Neill?"

Makepeace says, "He's a casualty."

And neither Sam nor Daniel argue with him!!!!! They don't even exchange a conspiratorial look. They just go with Makepeace. I find that strange.
      There are a few moments in that episode I wished for a little more emotion! However, there is that hug that just oozes with emotion, so that sorta helps.

I have an idea what the dedication is, but I'd like to know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
        (Repost from Samanda)

Hey y'all I made this little Amanda YT vid yesterday, it's actually the shortest vid I've ever made, it's 20 seconds, it's not one of my usual Amanda vids, this one is actually a vid to show just what happens when you don't like Amanda. Be sure to reads it's description- What happens when you don't like Amanda Tapping!

I guess I should thank Family Guy for the clip .
        Yes, yes. This should be a warning to those anti-Amanda Tapping people. Repent your wicked ways or I say "faster pussy cat, kill, kill."

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
          So what's in that dedication? I meant to go buy my copy today, but traffic was bad and I just came straight home after work.

Inquiring minds want to know.
          CotG. Are these really spoilers?

Spoiler:
          It's dedicated to Don Davis.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
            CotG. Are these really spoilers?

Spoiler:
            It's dedicated to Don Davis.
            How appropriate. Thanks for sharing.

As for the question, I don't think this needs spoilers, but I am generally a little more liberal about such things, so you can't rely on me for any uber-sensitivity to the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
              I miss APA too
              as do I...

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
              Fly, plotbunny, fly!

Teal'c: Rabbits do not fly

Comment

Well shippers -

I'm off. I'll be on vaca, but I'll try to lurk via my iPod... if I can... if not I'll snurch my husband's iPhone...

I'm renting CotG from iTunes so I can preview it I'm excited about it and if it rocks I'll buy it on DVD (I didn't want to pay to have it on iTunes since... well, I'd only be able to watch it on my iPod and the screen's a little small)

Soooo...

HAPPY EARLY SHIPPER DAY

See you next week

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                  Well shippers -

I'm off. I'll be on vaca, but I'll try to lurk via my iPod... if I can... if not I'll snurch my husband's iPhone...

I'm renting CotG from iTunes so I can preview it I'm excited about it and if it rocks I'll buy it on DVD (I didn't want to pay to have it on iTunes since... well, I'd only be able to watch it on my iPod and the screen's a little small)

Soooo...

HAPPY EARLY SHIPPER DAY

See you next week
                  Enjoy your trip! Hope to see you on Ship Day!

Comment

Well, I had a bunch of multi-quotes good to go, then saw the post about the CotG recut. I dropped everything, ran right out and got it, and we just watched it.

Awesome job, Brad. Awesome.
                    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                      Well, I had a bunch of multi-quotes good to go, then saw the post about the CotG recut. I dropped everything, ran right out and got it, and we just watched it.

Awesome job, Brad. Awesome.
                      and your opinion on it, pol? (i mean in details)
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

We should have some kind of "All Shippers Eve" the night before Ship day for fun.
                        sigpic

Comment

Cotg spoilers

Jann saw it For once I'm one of the first to see it...how cool(I'm european so we always get our stuff later than the others(mainland europe has to wait a long long time!))

Oh well...my thoughts

Spoiler:

First of all I wanted to say that it was nice and appropriate that the movie was dedicated to Don S. Davis. I really liked seeing that in the end.

Then secondly the movie. I really liked it, and like I said in the previous sentence, it's a movie. You can see it seperately and don't really see it as the first episode of the series but you can also see it as a movie on its own. This is really great. I say this because in the end the whole scene with Kowalsky is gone, you don't keep thinking that he has something in his head, that's all gone.

Thirdly the S/J stuff(most important part for this thread). They deleted some scenes, like a part of the one on the gate ramp. Sam only says her fluctuations line and then Jack shoves her through...this is good because in the introduction scene of Sam all the high feminine stuff is gone. I know some people like it(and it's really something of SG history by now) but it's just wrong and I for one am glad that it is gone. The scene just looks better now. Sam and Jack have some serious looks and flirtations now and I was just squee'ing there. You can feel the tension and angst starting! It's so awesome!

Then they meet Daniel in Abydos...this part was, I think, longer, because there were some longer scenes. Like the moonshine scene, you see some other people(SG members) drinking it as well and you see 'em eating. It's funny IMHO.

Later on chulak there are some scenes edited and improved so that it makes it a bit more believable that Teal'c crosses over to the good side...you see his lip shiver several times(which I later, when watching the special feature, found out that CJ was just cold and I was just thinking it was a good performance) Oh well...it was good.

No nudity and all...some more S/J along the way...like having them in the bushes...I know I made some comments there about bushes gutter because they could be left alone there during the fight.

As my last point I do have to say that I absolutely loved the new music. It feels good and more SG'ey. You do get a Continuum feeling sometimes though...

Overall it's an awesome new version and it feels and looks different. I would certainly recommend people to buy it(I know I'm gonna buy it; watched it at my friends' place now)
                          sigpic

Comment

You know you all are slowly wearing down my resolve to not buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                              You know you all are slowly wearing down my resolve to not buy it.
                              But you have to buy it as angst lover...
                              Spoiler:
                              because there is IMHO now more tension in the meeting scene than before...
                              buuuuuuuy buuuuuuuuuuuy

Just packed my bags...only one other town left(3/4 days) and then going home again...*cries* I don't wanna go home!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                                But you have to buy it as angst lover...
                                Spoiler:
                                because there is IMHO now more tension in the meeting scene than before...
                                buuuuuuuy buuuuuuuuuuuy

Just packed my bags...only one other town left(3/4 days) and then going home again...*cries* I don't wanna go home!
                                I'd really like to get my hands on that scene. But...we'll see.

Sorry you have to go home so soon! I hope you enjoyed your stay, and next time, make it to Texas!

Comment

Working...
                                X