This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To break this relative silence...

Had another Stargate marathon evening yesterday. Nice episodes again. *Sweet* Watched the end of season 6 and the beginning of season 7. At this rate, I'll know the complete Stargate story in no time And ready for the new movie... with Sam and Jack... together!
    My fanfic link (adult content!)

Always...

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
      She doesn't know it ...I won't tell her...that loudly...

I'm supposed to be learning...only stupid learning material is all on computer... how to distract me...
      I swear every time you post that it gets slower.....*loses 5 minutes staring at it* yummy!!!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

She doesn't know it ...I won't tell her...that loudly...
        Tell ya one thing... this image makes a man dream... *fades away into a daydreaming state*
        My fanfic link (adult content!)

Always...

Comment

Good morning shippers

Comment

it still surprises me that after all these times I've posted this kiss y'all still get blown away by it.

Imagine seeing it in RL...when they were shooting it*droooooooooooooooooooooooools*

sigpic

Comment

Did I see right that EotW is a whump fest? Abyss & New Order 2? It got me thinking about other eps where the team are captured and one member is dragged away for toture. The only two that spring to mind are S3's The Devil You Know and S6 Metamorphosis. And both times they come for Sam, Jack jumps right in there to try to prevent them taking her Very shippy moments! In DYK he gets a staff blast to the knee, and iirc Metamorphosis Wodan hits him with his mind powers and shoves him to the back of the cage.

Anyway, back to the Eps of the Week

I love how shippy these two eps are I remember the first time I saw NO I was really ticked off at the ending I couldn't believe that the first time Sam & Jack see each other after her ordeal and Jack being un-frozen was sooooooo lame! I was expecting a much bigger reaction But having seen a LOT more of Stargate since then, and understanding their relationship a lot better, I can see the import of that hesitant touch and the half smiles Anything bigger would be completely ooc.

Abyss - I'm gonna have to watch this again, but I'm sure that when Sam brings Jack water at the end, just off camera her hand rests on his bed momentarily, a nice symmetry with Entity at the end there

Mmmmm, I'm getting the urge to Gimp something..........
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kirdy_Mulder View Post
                Tell ya one thing... this image makes a man dream... *fades away into a daydreaming state*
                Makes a woman dream too Why do you think it gets posted here so often?

ROFL at the caps
                sigpic

Comment

For those of you who are interested - a little shameless self promotion.
                  The Forge is now complete.
                  http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5089693/1/The_Forge
                  sigpic
                  Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                  My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Love this bit window of opportunity is probably my all time favourite episode. I know it's not got as much depth as some of the other shippy episodes but I just love Jack in it and it makes me LoL every time I watch it.

Just watching some season 8 repeats on Sky. Affinity has just been on and I remembered how I felt like banging Sam and Jack's heads together when I watched the scene in her lab the first time. Now I know she doesn't end up with Pete I can watch it without getting so infuriated.

Looks like I missed out on a lot of debate last night!

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                    Great, I'll go and check it out. Don't like reading WIPs in case they never get finished.

Comment

Heluuuu! (Yes, I'm in a good mood tonight!)

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                      Oh yes, it was definitely childish. I just thought he sort of made up for it later by being sweet. He made a mistake. One that I would have never tolerated in my own relationships, but then again, this is SAM we're talking about. His momentary tantrum and stalker tendencies pales in comparison to some of the other weirdos she's had any sort of romantic inklings towards:

Jonas Hansen: thought he was God.
                      Martouf: confused her with his dead girlfriend
                      Narim: had her voice for his house... gutter:
                      Spoiler:
                      (for you gutter girls, doesn't it make you wonder what was happening when they weren't around :: shudders :: )

Orlin: gave up being ascended and destroyed various household appliances. Also lacked normal social graces, such as leaving when asked.

Am I missing anyone here?

OH yes! Joe... who in our timeline was but a momentary thought, in 2010 was her husband: failed to mention that the Aschen would be sterilizing the population.
                      Yes, she does have the gift for guys!

And in spoilers: Come on this is so eeww... Even I wouldn't think of smth like that. Well, maybe...

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      oh.

i barely listened to what he said, i was too intent on watching sam's reaction.

would i be a bad shipper if i said i've only watched 'threads' twice in all these years? (and weeks apart)

i can't seem to get myself to 'watch' older shippy eps, until i see the last piece of the puzzle fit into the sam/jack love story. CONFIRMATION will be that piece. then i'll watch them *all*.
                      I totally understand you. But somehow I can help myself.
                      And no Sal, you're not a bad shipper *hugs*

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                      I'm with Sally in that I tend to be fairly equal in apportioning blame.

Jack did have opportunities to speak up about his feelings for her and show her directly that he still cared: he could have done so in Chimera when he realises she's started seeing someone and he could lose her, he could have done so in The Lost City when its fairly obvious he knows she's trying to tell him that she still cares about him and in Affinity he could have given her a straight answer instead of being all noble and letting her go. But he doesn't for a variety of reasons; because he's scared of losing her, because he does love her and wants her to be happy and assumes her seeing Pete is making her happy, because he feels it was inevitable that she would find someone else...but he could have asked her.

Jack, as far as I am concerned, takes his share of the responsibility for letting Sam think he didn't feel the same way anymore and for giving her the impression that he was happy to let her go.

However, Sam isn't blameless. She could have asked Jack outright long before Threads about how he felt. She could have insisted on a straight answer instead of vagueness and hinting. She could and should have stopped things with Pete and certainly never agreed to marry him knowing how she felt about Jack regardless of his feelings for her.

The problem is that the two of them really don't communicate well about their personal feelings for each other at all - partly because of the situation with the regs making any communication difficult and fraught with consequences, and partly because they assume too much about the other's beliefs and knowledge about their feelings, and their wants and desires. They both take responsibility for that.
                      Good analysis, I'm with you on that (virtual green)

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                      Yay! *off to read*

Comment

Just dropping by, but I come bearing gifts looked through could not see this but if it causes problems I will delete
                        love the expressions

Comment

Originally posted by Verona View Post
                          Just dropping by, but I come bearing gifts looked through could not see this but if it causes problems I will delete

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w...mandjack-1.jpg
                          love the expressions
                          Where did that come from?? It looks cute.

Hmm, random question for the silent message board (it IS Father's day, I s'pose, I'm making chocolate chip/peanut butter chip pancakes for dinner for my husband)...

Other than an off-handed mention here or there, why is it that we fanfickers think Jack loves the Wizard of Oz? I don't remember his where it came from in the series...

Comment

[QUOTE=Twilight506;10310332]Where did that come from?? It looks cute.

One of four polaroids/continuity shots for auction on Legends Stargate Props.

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                              Where did that come from?? It looks cute.

Hmm, random question for the silent message board (it IS Father's day, I s'pose, I'm making chocolate chip/peanut butter chip pancakes for dinner for my husband)...

Other than an off-handed mention here or there, why is it that we fanfickers think Jack loves the Wizard of Oz? I don't remember his where it came from in the series...
                              I think we think that because he mentions it a lot...in Seth, Metamorphosis and 2001 Gives cause for us to think that he likes it

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                              Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

it still surprises me that after all these times I've posted this kiss y'all still get blown away by it.

Imagine seeing it in RL...when they were shooting it*droooooooooooooooooooooooools*

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...PDVD_013-4.jpg
                                - yup....if I was doin' a kiss like that with a lovely woman like AT I'd do a million takes.....maybe a billion....

Comment

Working...
                                X