Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A note about Jack's b-day ... remmber, he has the Vietnam Service Medal and the Republic of Vietnam Campaign ribbon so he would have had to have been older than forty like he'd said. I go for the 1952 birthday because it fits much better with Jack's service record ... putting him at age 20 years and a few months in March of '73 when the war was "over."
    Originally posted by GateFanSamJack View Post
    The thread is so educational tonight.
    It is, huh! This is so great. I had a lot of fun catching up.
    sigpic
    "A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet..."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
      {{{Amy}}} Almost to the finish line!

I just posted this question to Joe's blog:

We'll see what he says. The bet is real.
      Wow, that's a question! I like it and yay for thinking about it! Very interesting.

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
      Here's Joe's quote:

"Sam is really no more a black widow than DJ or Teal'c. Heartbreak and tragedy seem to come with the job. That said, it would certainly be nice to see at least one of our characters establish a strong, romantic relationship that will last past an episode or two. Maybe Sam will find a nice guy she can connect with and develop just such a relationship that will last - up to season's end when she dumps the unsatisfactory chump like a sack of potatoes and gets together with Jack." ~ Stargate SG-1 co-executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, 2003
      I can't believe he said that! Definitely a shipper this Joe.

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      Uhm...
      I came to drop my latest piece of Shippy Hippy hysteria off:

Me like it very much! Could I have one?

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      this might be every mans' dream of two women at the same time, but i think this goes for women/two men too. and sam's human after all...
      Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      Puts me in mind of all the Carters in "Ripple Effect". Would be soooo interesting to see a roomful of O'Neills and see what happens.
      Definitely girls!

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
      Oooooh! What fun!

1. Martouf irritated the h*** out of Jack. He didn't wish anything bad for the guy; he just didn't like him. Of course, he didn't trust any of the Tok'ra except Jacob/Selmak. But he especially didn't like Martouf, because Martouf had a thing for Sam. As for what Sam might have felt for Martouf, those were really Jolinar's/Rosha's feelings. Trying to translate them into what Sam might feel probably made Jack's head hurt.

2. I think our Sam was overcome by a wave of nostalgia. Seeing Martouf conjured up her connection with Jolinar...and led her to almost make a slip in behavior. Kissing Martouf out of nostalgia and curiosity wouldn't have been the worst thing...but I'm still glad she didn't do it.

3. The Martouf and Sam who were together in the alternate reality were drawn together when Martouf was assigned as a liaison with Earth. They spent a lot of time together, talked a lot about Jolinar...and things developed. After all, he wasn't her CO, so she was free to date him. But eventually, they drifted apart as Sam's feelings for Jack grew stronger...and fate showed her there was only one man who could truly make her happy.

Ahhhhhhhhh! These were very cathartic! Thanks, never on earth!!!
      You are very welcome. Love your answers.

Just watched the video with Amanda Tapping, . You goota love this girl.

Comment

Oh, I'm listenin to GW podcast Season 4. It's really interesting, AAAANNNNDDD, a little tiny something about Sam and Jack...

But even without it, it's great.

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
          "If I could arrange it they'd be married and we'd see the honeymoon"

Hehe you just have to love AT!!! ((((AT))))

WOOHOO you go girl! AT is soooo funny
          "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by never_on_earth View Post
            Oh, I'm listenin to GW podcast Season 4. It's really interesting, AAAANNNNDDD, a little tiny something about Sam and Jack...

But even without it, it's great.
            I just listened to it in the train...I always like the podcast and the few S/J mentions were good! plus that S4 made everyone realise that S/J felt something about each other...more than supposed to
            I did felt that they should have talked about it a bit more...but then again...they aren't shippers and thus talked about other stuff more..
            sigpic

Comment

never_on_earth, Devilish Me & Regularamanda - thanks for your comments on my poem, glad you liked it
              "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Yay, thank you!

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                That was Shore Leave! I was only about five rows from the stage!!! That was my first con, where I actually met trupi and nell and sugarshaker and Poz and tsax...and Amanda!!!

Squeeeeeee!!!!!

The video was from Saturday's session. I made a sig with photos from Sunday's session.

She was sooooooo great!!!
                Sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing that. Love the sig.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                I just listened to it in the train...I always like the podcast and the few S/J mentions were good! plus that S4 made everyone realise that S/J felt something about each other...more than supposed to
                I did felt that they should have talked about it a bit more...but then again...they aren't shippers and thus talked about other stuff more..
                But is there enough talk about the 'ship that I should listen to the podcast?

Happy Birthday, thors mom!
                sigpic

Comment

Egle, if you want to listen to the podcast only for the ship...then don't watch it...you'll be disappointed...I just liked it in general
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                    Egle, if you want to listen to the podcast only for the ship...then don't watch it...you'll be disappointed...I just liked it in general
                    Okay, thanks for letting me know. I'll still give it a try.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, well, well, is the thread near a blackhole? Or trapped in a time delation bubble?

Hey, you know, I realized I was Walter now (he's chief master sergeant isn't he?). You gotta love the guy. Always liked him. And he's here from the beginning, still gonna be here after, I hope! Oh, the things he's seen and heard in all those years!

Comment

Originally posted by never_on_earth View Post
                        Well, well, well, is the thread near a blackhole? Or trapped in a time delation bubble?

Hey, you know, I realized I was Walter now (he's chief master sergeant isn't he?). You gotta love the guy. Always liked him. And he's here from the beginning, still gonna be here after, I hope! Oh, the things he's seen and heard in all those years!
                        Taking a quick break from Math schoolwork to do a mini fic to that plot bunny
                        In spoilers for length

Spoiler:
                        Walter slowly walked down the halls savoring the quiet time at the SGC. With the Goa'uld, Ori and Replicators gone the SGC was pretty quite nowadays. Not that he minded of course. It was nice to not have some off world emergency come up.

He slowly walked into the commissary and took a seat. He took the time to look around at all the people that through the years had been the building blocks of the Stargate program. Daniel Jackson and Teal'c along with Cameron Mitchell and Vala sat at a table, laughing at some joke that Cam was telling them about his youth.

His eyes strayed across the room to a man and a woman who were grinning at each other. Colonel Samantha Carter and General Jack O'Neill. Walter smiled when he saw Jack's hand slowly slip under the table to her knee. She just smiled at the General.

Walter had known from the beginning that they were in love with each other. It wasn't that hard to miss after all. Whenever something happened to her, the General's stance would change. Oh he'd been concerned about Teal'c or Daniel when something happened to them as well. But when it involved her, there was no way to mask the pain that was always in the General's eyes during those times. Oh sure he had always brushed it off, saying she was a valuable member of his team...but everyone could see how he felt. It had been as clear as day. His eyes seemed to say that that woman meant everything to him and he'd go to whatever lengths it took to get her back to him.

But every time Jack had said that she was just a member of the team...Walter knew different. He had seen too much of their flirting over the years. He'd heard the 'if only' from him about there being two Samantha Carters a few years before. He'd been there when the General would check up on her if she was working on the gate late at night, telling her to go home and get some rest. He'd been there to witness first hand Jack's snippyness when she had been engaged to that other guy. Could tangibly feel the General's tension when he would be around her during that time, could feel the awkwardness.

And Walter had been there after she had broken the engagement, when the General was transfering to Washington, and though nothing was ever said, he knew that the General was finally with the woman he loved. If the pure look of happiness on his face had been any indication.After all why would he be that happy about taking a desk job, unless it somehow involved her?

Walter saw Sam's hand slowly slip down under the table and she held the General's hand in hers.

Nothing was wrong with them being together now, he was out of her direct chain of command. But they still were professional, they still called each other 'Sir' and 'Carter' on base. But for the moment, when the commissary was deserted except for himself and the rest of SG-1, Colonel Carter and General O'Neill let their professional walls slip just a bit.

As Walter looked at the two of them sitting there, looks of happiness radiating from both their faces, Walter couldn't help but be happy for the two of them.

After all that those two had been through they deserved happiness...and they deserved each other.

Walter had witnessed the love story of those two unfold for years, and finally after all the heartache...peace and love had finally overcome.

Just like he always knew that it would for those two.

Thanks Never_on_Earth for the plot bunny! You have no idea how much I needed to write something so my brain didn't completely turn into a puddle of mush on the floor from all the math
                        Last edited by Regularamanda; 28 May 2009, 07:12 AM.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                        Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                        Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

In spoilers for length

Spoiler:
                          Walter slowly walked down the halls savoring the quiet time at the SGC. With the Goa'uld, Ori and Replicators gone the SGC was pretty quite nowadays. Not that he minded of course. It was nice to not have some off world emergency come up.

He slowly walked into the commissary and took a seat. He took the time to look around at all the people that through the years had been the building blocks of the Stargate program. Daniel Jackson and Teal'c along with Cameron Mitchell and Vala sat at a table, laughing at some joke that Cam was telling them about his youth.

His eyes strayed across the room to a man and a woman who were grinning at each other. Colonel Samantha Carter and General Jack O'Neill. Walter smiled when he saw Jack's hand slowly slip under the table to her knee. She just smiled at the General.

Walter had known from the beginning that they were in love with each other. It wasn't that hard to miss after all. Whenever something happened to her, the General's stance would change. Oh he'd been concerned about Teal'c or Daniel when something happened to them as well. But when it involved her, there was no way to mask the pain that was always in the General's eyes during those times. Oh sure he had always brushed it off, saying she was a valuable member of his team...but everyone could see how he felt. It had been as clear as day. His eyes seemed to say that that woman meant everything to him and he'd go to whatever lengths it took to get her back to him.

But every time Jack had said that she was just a member of the team...Walter knew different. He had seen too much of their flirting over the years. He'd heard the 'if only' from him about there being two Samantha Carters a few years before. He'd been there when the General would check up on her if she was working on the gate late at night, telling her to go home and get some rest. He'd been there to witness first hand Jack's snippyness when she had been engaged to that other guy. Could tangibly feel the General's tension when he would be around her during that time, could feel the awkwardness.

And Walter had been there after she had broken the engagement, when the General was transfering to Washington, and though nothing was ever said, he knew that the General was finally with the woman he loved. If the pure look of happiness on his face had been any indication.After all why would he be that happy about taking a desk job, unless it somehow involved her?

Walter saw Sam's hand slowly slip down under the table and she held the General's hand in hers.

Nothing was wrong with them being together now, he was out of her direct chain of command. But they still were professional, they still called each other 'Sir' and 'Carter' on base. But for the moment, when the commissary was deserted except for himself and the rest of SG-1, Colonel Carter and General O'Neill let their professional walls slip just a bit.

As Walter looked at the two of them sitting there, looks of happiness radiating from both their faces, Walter couldn't help but be happy for the two of them.

After all that those two had been through they deserved happiness...and they deserved each other.

Walter had witnessed the love story of those two unfold for years, and finally after all the heartache...peace and love had finally overcome.

Sweeeeet... Nice job!!
                          My fanfic link (adult content!)

Always...

Comment

Hey everyone.

I like his comments. I never thought Sam had a black widow curse. After all, it really wasn't her fault that all those guys fell for her and then wound up dead. They'd probably still have all wound up dead had they never met her.

Plus, there seem to be just as many guys who fell for her that survived - Lt. Graham Simmons, Agent Barrett, Felger, probably a bunch of guys too numerous to mention in the SGC. Alec Colson probably doesn't count, since he didn't seem to have fallen for her, but I'll toss him into the group too. Oh, yeah, and I almost forgot McKay. He's fine and was living in another galaxy, but has his own girlfriend now, so he survived quite well. Have I forgotten anybody? I think the surviving group outnumbers the non-survivors.
                            Pete.

You forgot Pete.

Puts me in mind of all the Carters in "Ripple Effect". Would be soooo interesting to see a roomful of O'Neills and see what happens.
                            Ohh! **Stares at the plot bunny being born.**

In spoilers for length

Spoiler:

Thanks Never_on_Earth for the plot bunny! You have no idea how much I needed to write something so my brain didn't completely turn into a puddle of mush on the floor from all the math
                            Nice Amanda.

Seems like there's so little going on here recently. I'm beginning to miss the days of 6 - 8 pages in one day.

It would be nice if we got some news.

Hmm **deep sigh**
                            sigpic
                            sig by Mada
                            As a matter of FIC

Comment

**Looks at Kirdy's sig**

You're right.

Seems like it is time for plan B
                              sigpic
                              sig by Mada
                              As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                                Seems like there's so little going on here recently. I'm beginning to miss the days of 6 - 8 pages in one day.

It would be nice if we got some news.

Hmm **deep sigh**
                                6-8 pages... hmmm... I like it to be a little less than that... Most of the times I come home and it's almost impossible for me to follow everything that happened here

Could be my lack of braincells too
                                My fanfic link (adult content!)

Always...

Comment

Working...
                                X