X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Shipper Family.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    EDIT: Btw...when did I hit 15,000?!?!? darn it...I wanted to do something special for that...now I Have to do this later on
    Congratulations girl.

I'll bring the cake.
    sigpic
    sig by Mada
    As a matter of FIC

Comment

Thanks Jann, I knew I'd seen it somwhere on screen and Entity is it... drat, mulitquote didn't work but you know what I'm on about, right? Most of the time anyways. And I love that sig even more now.

Originally posted by ddc View Post
      On their ages, I go with the IDs. The emerald being the wrong stone for December never registered with me; I have no idea what the December birth stone is even though my birthday is the same day/month as Sam's according to Entity.

As for what Jack says in Brief Candle, he was talking to people whose lived only weeks (days?) and couldn't relate to someone living for a year let alone many, so saying 40 years old was close enough, he didn't need to confuse them by saying he was 44 or 45. Plus that was 1st season when they appeared to be trying to make Jack a lot younger than RD (the hair dye).

Re the bolded, it's turquoise. I'm a December birthday too (December 21st). Funnily enough, I had a really beautiful tuquoise pendant that I lost on Thursday when the cord it was on broke. It was a present from a very special friend too. Gutted.

And on the Jack approximating his age - sounds right to me. Or yes, maybe he was vain about it like us ladies can sometimes be. After all, he was vain enought to Grecian 2000 his hair back in the days...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
        I've started a new story - The Forge
        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5089693/1/The_Forge

Actually I wrote most of it years ago and still need to tidy up the ending.
        It is a Sam and Jack of course!!
        Yay! New fanfic Saving it for later

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
        Why didn't I think of that! The fate of the universe pivots on Threads!! JennJF would so totally agree!
        Are you kidding! The world does turn around Sam and Jack! Doesn't everyone knows that?

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          And on the Jack approximating his age - sounds right to me. Or yes, maybe he was vain about it like us ladies can sometimes be. After all, he was vain enought to Grecian 2000 his hair back in the days...
          yes, and each time someone asked about it (See Learning Curve ) he doesn't seem willing to give it in. Really girlish isn't it?

*hugs Jack*

Where did everyone go?
          Last edited by never_on_earth; 27 May 2009, 07:02 AM.

Comment

We don't know Sam's Birthday...it is once said that it was in December(I thought) and then in Ascension, Orlin gave her an emerald stone...and that is for the month may...

As for Jack:

I'd go with the December 1968 date, since that's the one that's on her military ID card (shown in "Entity") (in spite of Orlin giving her an emerald - it was, after all, a manufactured emerald and not a natural one).

Comment

On their ages, I go with the IDs. The emerald being the wrong stone for December never registered with me. I have no idea what the December birth stone is even though my birthday is the same day/month as Sam's according to Entity.

As for what Jack says in Brief Candle, he was talking to people who lived only weeks (days?) and couldn't relate to someone living for a year let alone many, so saying 40 years old was close enough, he didn't need to confuse them by saying he was 44 or 45. Plus that was 1st season when they appeared to be trying to make Jack a lot younger than RD (the hair dye).
              I think tptb used the idea of the emerald for the birthstone, because it's pretty and colorful! Let's face it, guys don't spend a lot of time thinking about birthstones.
              sigpic
              Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

On their ages, I go with the IDs. The emerald being the wrong stone for December never registered with me. I have no idea what the December birth stone is even though my birthday is the same day/month as Sam's according to Entity.

As for what Jack says in Brief Candle, he was talking to people who lived only weeks (days?) and couldn't relate to someone living for a year let alone many, so saying 40 years old was close enough, he didn't need to confuse them by saying he was 44 or 45. Plus that was 1st season when they appeared to be trying to make Jack a lot younger than RD (the hair dye).
                Blue topaz or turquoise is the December birthstone. Since Orlin was (in my opinion) trying to impress Sam, an emerald would be more impressive to some people.

Comment

Originally posted by never_on_earth View Post
                  Loved your answers!

And on the bolded part, it's not really translatable. It's the thing you say at the end of a card game (the belote, from Marseille, France), when you win. Later, it's been used as an expression to say, either "I win", or "again and again, it goes down to *insert*", in this case *gutter*

So :
                  "Belote, rebelote et dix de der"
                  Gutter is always there!

Hope it's clear
                  Thanks for the translation(it's clear)...sounds good I've never seen that in French before(it's french right?)

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                  Thanks Jann, I knew I'd seen it somwhere on screen and Entity is it... drat, mulitquote didn't work but you know what I'm on about, right? Most of the time anyways. And I love that sig even more now.
                  I've no idea what you are talking about

It's in Entity...when the entity puts it all on screen while looking through the camera.

As for the Emerald birthstone; I agree with the comment about it looking pretty. Plus is it ever said in the episode that it was because of her birthmonth? I can't remember.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the translation(it's clear)...sounds good I've never seen that in French before(it's french right?)

I've no idea what you are talking about

It's in Entity...when the entity puts it all on screen while looking through the camera.

As for the Emerald birthstone; I agree with the comment about it looking pretty. Plus is it ever said in the episode that it was because of her birthmonth? I can't remember.
                    I don't think it was ever said that the emerald was because of her birth month, but I wouldn't swear to that. Have to rewatch the episode and find out.

And ...

seriously cute fic rec:

"A Good Retreat" by Mrs. Pollifax
                    www.fanfiction.net/s/5087624/1/

Comment

Indeed, French it is. No wonder you've never seen it, it's kind of a French private joke... And not everyone, like me, spent their childhood playing the Belote with their parents everytime they got bored !

And I don't quite get the conversation with birthstones, but, erm... I agree!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        I don't think it was ever said that the emerald was because of her birth month, but I wouldn't swear to that. Have to rewatch the episode and find out.
                        In the episode Ascension, Orlin does associate the emerald to her birth month.

Here is what he said:
                        ORLIN- I read about how humans associate certain materials with their birth month. Yours is emerald, right?

Didn't Narim mention May as her birthday too? You would think that her military ID would be canon and that the writers would remember that they had already stated when her birthday was.
                        sigpic
                        I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post

Here is what he said:
                          ORLIN- I read about how humans associate certain materials with their birth month. Yours is emerald, right?

Didn't Narim mention May as her birthday too? You would think that her military ID would be canon and that the writers would remember that they had already stated when her birthday was.
                          I know we see Jack's ID in Fragile Balance. Is there an episode where we see a close up of Sam's ID?
                          sigpic
                          Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post

Here is what he said:

Huh ... you would think that after all the times I've watched nearly every episode, I'd remember whether Narim ever said anything about Sam's birthday. (**puts all Narim episodes on personal rewatch list now**)

And Orlin's been floating around in the ethers for hundreds of years, so he's probably easily confused about dates and times and birthstones and such, and figured an emerald would be really, really impressive.

I'd still go with what's shown on her official military ID.

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                              I know we see Jack's ID in Fragile Balance. Is there an episode where we see a close up of Sam's ID?
                              There's a close up of Sam's ID in "Entity" - when the entity is scrolling through all the records and shows Sam's ID on the monitor everyone is watching, and also shows Jack's ID (right? it did show Jack's ID?).
                              Last edited by hedwig; 27 May 2009, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                There's a close up of Sam's ID in "Entity" - when the entity is scrolling through all the records and shows Sam's ID on the monitor everyone is watching, and also shows Jack's ID (right? it did show Jack's ID?).
                                Yup it showed Jack's ID as well

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                                Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                X