Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone. I've been kinda busy so I've just been popping in and out.

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
    Hey I found the post about what RDA said during threads- http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....stcount=170952
    Thanks Amanda. You rock!

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    ... and cake. I forgot to add cake.
    And chocolate. There must be chocolate.
    sigpic
    sig by Mada
    As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
      For those of you who don't look at it every day (are there people here that actually fall into that category?!?) pop over to the RDA/Jack Thunk page and see some new pics of him and his new house courtesy of June's issue of Architectual Digest and ONTLL for scanning them in for us all to see.

Have to say, there's somethin' funky with the pics of him tho. He looks - odd.
      nice house pictures , but they've messed with the richard ones... why mess with perfection?
      sally

sigpic

Comment

OT Babylon 5

Spoiler:

A friend of mine was the prop guy for the show so I'm quite addicted to it. Such a great show. I miss it!

And I love that episode!

"Only one human captain has ever survived battle with the Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."

Severed Dreams. 3rd season.
        Spoiler:
        Your friend was the prop person? That's so cool!!! You should tell them I think they did an awesome job with all those props. That's one of the things that really got me with the show. It was all so "real".

I miss it as well. That's why I'm stealing my uncle's DVDs when I get home this summer, lol.

And thanks for the info. I really love this episode as well. *scampers off to find ep for after NCIS ends*

Great little discussion on Grace. Loved reading it.
        sigpic
        Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Darn, I missed the live viewing. OT:
          Spoiler:
          The little one had a doctor appointment. Apparently I passed on the genes for the sarcastic eye-roll and my husband passed on the genes for lots and lots of allergies! Poor kiddo. Cursed to be snotty every spring.

Basically, my take on Grace (the character, not the episode) is that she's the ascended child of Sam and Jack from either some point in the past or in the future. (There's a fic rattling around in my head waiting to be written.) I mean, just look at how ridiculously "non-interventional" she was (reminded me of Daniel in "Abyss") and how kept hinting around at things just the way Oma or one of the other ascended beings would have.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          wouldn't that have been nice? not an 'easy' way out, concerning story telling (or needing to torture the fans ), but just two ppl confessing their love and agreeing to wait for one another.

as pol said, if you're going to go exactly with the letter of the law, the entire team was already breaking the regs, so i don't see their confessions and declarations of waiting doing anymore damage. i mean, they're humans, not machines.

it's been nice reading everyone's opinions.
          Yep, the entire team had been breaking the regs for years, as close as they'd become. The regulations are besmirched the minute you start caring about your friend's well being more than the mission. Force shield moment, anyone??

(rambling ahead...)
          Spoiler:

I mean, listen to some interviews with real combat veterans -- they put the mission above all else, regardless. Americans saw the Battle of Mogadishu as a huge failure because of the lives lost, but if you talk to the men who were actually there, they will repeatedly tell you the mission was a success. Yes, they lost a lot of lives, but the mission was a success because they did what they originally set out to do. I just can't see Jack going into battle like that, losing Teal'c, Sam *and* Daniel, and then walking away alive and able to add the label of success to the mission, you know? That's why the regs are there. For the well-being of the military at large, not for the well-being of any one individual...

Originally posted by Pol View Post
          Yeah, thanks. I've corrected my note on ff.net too. Thanks for the correct attribution.

Egle!! Awesome "wish confirm" image!

And lastly:

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l...n/Picture3.png
          Snurtched from one of Josi's sigs...'cause it was easier.

I know that that is our Jack and alternate Sam, but I can't help but enjoy the pure affection on the faces of Amanda and Rick in this shot.

Makes me really appreciate and understand Amanda's joking comments about "putting up" with kissing Rick, and his too, about making sure they did take after take of the WoO scene.

I tell ya, and you all know I've said it before, as a writer I can only put so much on a page...it's all really about them. :::sigh:::

Amanda should really be commended for her role as the alternate-Sam here... I consistently forget it's the same person playing both characters. Fabulous job by Amanda. The alternate-Sam was totally a different person to me, to the point that it kinda squicks me out to see her kissing Jack.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          Sorry I'm late...I had some problems but Jos you are right they never explain everything...

Also not who Grace is and why she is seeing her(the most obvious one) and there are other things that aren't explained...

I mean do you start to hallucinate that quickly when you have a head injury?!?! or is it the place that Sam was injured??
          I had a hard time buying the hallucinations, as real as they were. I feel like with a head injury, things would be a little more scattered than that. Hence, my opinion that there was an ascended being messing with Sam's head in an attempt to be "helpful." We all know how good those ascended beings are at being "helpful." (...sarcasm there)

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
          Hey everyone. I've been kinda busy so I've just been popping in and out.

And chocolate. There must be chocolate.
          Chocolate cake?
          sigpic
          "A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet..."

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
            [CENTER]

Could you, guys, check it out? - Unfaithful
            Okay, what ep is the part at 2:48 from ?
            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
              Okay, what ep is the part at 2:48 from ?
              Chimera. That's the scene where the shrub is afraid to come in to Sam's house because he's worrying that Sam might be one of those people who alphabetizes her bookshelves, if I recall correctly. I try to avoid that episode, when at all possible...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                I know some eps, and that one too, but I love hunting for them (Martin, Pdl...) while watching.
                - I can so picture them coming out with new "Where's Martin?" games...a take off of those old "Where's Waldo?" games.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sappho View Post
                  Chimera. That's the scene where the shrub is afraid to come in to Sam's house because he's worrying that Sam might be one of those people who alphabetizes her bookshelves, if I recall correctly. I try to avoid that episode, when at all possible...
                  what episode?

oh wait, you mean the ep 'stew'? the one where sam found a potato sitting in her front yard? if i recall correctly, she brought it in her house, peeled it thoroughly, and then dropped it in a pot and made some stew.

yeah, that ep was memorable.

Last edited by majorsal; 12 May 2009, 07:17 PM. Reason: my split personality made me make a mistake.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Time for me to sign off now I think. Good night ((((((((((((((((family))))))))))))))))

Until tomorrow...

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Sappho View Post
                      Darn, I missed the live viewing. OT:
                      Spoiler:
                      The little one had a doctor appointment. Apparently I passed on the genes for the sarcastic eye-roll and my husband passed on the genes for lots and lots of allergies! Poor kiddo. Cursed to be snotty every spring.

Basically, my take on Grace (the character, not the episode) is that she's the ascended child of Sam and Jack from either some point in the past or in the future. (There's a fic rattling around in my head waiting to be written.) I mean, just look at how ridiculously "non-interventional" she was (reminded me of Daniel in "Abyss") and how kept hinting around at things just the way Oma or one of the other ascended beings would have.

Yep, the entire team had been breaking the regs for years, as close as they'd become. The regulations are besmirched the minute you start caring about your friend's well being more than the mission. Force shield moment, anyone??

(rambling ahead...)
                      Spoiler:

I mean, listen to some interviews with real combat veterans -- they put the mission above all else, regardless. Americans saw the Battle of Mogadishu as a huge failure because of the lives lost, but if you talk to the men who were actually there, they will repeatedly tell you the mission was a success. Yes, they lost a lot of lives, but the mission was a success because they did what they originally set out to do. I just can't see Jack going into battle like that, losing Teal'c, Sam *and* Daniel, and then walking away alive and able to add the label of success to the mission, you know? That's why the regs are there. For the well-being of the military at large, not for the well-being of any one individual...

Amanda should really be commended for her role as the alternate-Sam here... I consistently forget it's the same person playing both characters. Fabulous job by Amanda. The alternate-Sam was totally a different person to me, to the point that it kinda squicks me out to see her kissing Jack.

I had a hard time buying the hallucinations, as real as they were. I feel like with a head injury, things would be a little more scattered than that. Hence, my opinion that there was an ascended being messing with Sam's head in an attempt to be "helpful." We all know how good those ascended beings are at being "helpful." (...sarcasm there)

Chocolate cake?
                      To your OT-
                      Spoiler:
                      Poor Kid! I know exactly how he feels, allergies ...but just think when he (or she) is old enough you can show him Daniel and then he can have something in common with him!

And you're right Amanda's performance was fantastic! Especially during the hug scene...you could completely feel the emotion in her words.

what episode?

oh wait, you mean the ep 'stew'? the one where sam found a potato sitting in her front yard? if it recall correctly, she brought it in her house, peeled it thoroughly, and then dropped it in a pot and made some stew.

*giggle* I like your take on it Sally

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        You may know this already, but Martin is in the background in many scenes of many episodes. One that comes to mind right now is when Jack is in the elevator at the beginning of "Lost City". Martin is the guy in the elevator with him. In numerous other scenes, he's usually in the background with Siler.
                        They usually have cameos in the episodes that they direct. As Hedwig said, Martin is usually with Siler in his episodes. Peter DeLuise uses himself, his voice and one time his initials in the episodes he directs. I didn't know until I started listening to the commentaries. It has become a game of finding them.
                        sigpic
                        I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                          He did have a small role in Season 6, The Changeling. In order to see it, you would have to play it frame by frame. That is why I say a small role. In a scene, he is a fireman who comes running in.
                          I had forgotten about that, but you're absolutely right. He did have a walk-on role in The Changeling. That was something they just did for fun, like Amanda's mother appearing in the playground scene in Affinity. However, the person the link I discussed goes to is some kind of musician.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                            I had forgotten about that, but you're absolutely right. He did have a walk-on role in The Changeling. That was something they just did for fun, like Amanda's mother appearing in the playground scene in Affinity. However, the person the link I discussed goes to is some kind of musician.
                            Really? Maybe I should watch the first 30 mins or so of that ep
                            And do you happen to have the pics from the con (I think ) of Rick and Amanda and there really close...any chance you can post them?

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                            Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                            Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

For those of you who don't look at it every day (are there people here that actually fall into that category?!?) pop over to the RDA/Jack Thunk page and see some new pics of him and his new house courtesy of June's issue of Architectual Digest and ONTLL for scanning them in for us all to see.

Have to say, there's somethin' funky with the pics of him tho. He looks - odd.
                              He does look different, but I think he looks great. I think probably he's had some "work" done as they say- but if you're over 50 and live in Malibu, that's sort of standard operating procedure. No pun intended.
                              I always drool over Architectural Digest. Now I've got an even better reason.

Comment

what episode?

oh wait, you mean the ep 'stew'? the one where sam found a potato sitting in her front yard? if i recall correctly, she brought it in her house, peeled it thoroughly, and then dropped it in a pot and made some stew.

No no no, I'm pretty sure it's the episode with the shrub.

I remember vividly: this strange short shrub kept following her everywhere she went. Every time Sam turned around -- there it was. Eventually, there she is, lying in the grass on the hillside, and it's there, and it's almost ruined a stake-out. She has to take out the razor-sharp hedge clippers. She has to chop it down bit by bit, chopping away violently, piece by piece, until it finally collapses in an emotional heap and just ... gives up.

...So memorable.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X