Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RA...take a deep breath. It's okay, we're here! And nice picspam.

Hey everyone. I was just wandering back in time through pages and pages of Family thread and ran across this great video "Say What You Need to Say" by "sclairf99." Great vid.

The last shot is that great scene in Threads, the "Always." scene. It really hit me how that moment, when Jack doesn't look away, has his arm around Sam and says, with a great deal of love an sincerity, "Always." He's laying it out there for her. She is still (at that moment) engaged to Pete - at least as far as Jack knows - but he's taken that huge first step.

The thing that always prevented him from stepping forward before (aside from those pesky regs) was the Jack O'Neill honor. He's not a poacher. He wouldn't step on Pete to get to Sam if Pete's the guy who makes her happy.

However, in that scene, he lays it all out there for her.

Now some would argue that he's doing so when she's at her most vulnerable, but I really believe that is the only time the "real Sam" is able to see/hear the truth. Most of the time she's so locked into being the proper officer and scientist that it's hard for true emotions to get inside. Jack knows her well enough to know that despite the emotional turmoil she's in, she'll hear what he's saying.

And after he lays it out there, she turns and smiles briefly at him. No pretense at misunderstanding his words, just loving acceptance. I am 100% sure that it's that scene that leads into her breakup with Pete. She, after being there for her dad's passing, then showers and meets with Pete and breaks it off. She, like Jack, is to honorable to pretend any longer.

Okay, I'm done rambling (and procrastinating my wrestling with this darned Campfire).

Pol
    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post

Hey everyone. I was just wandering back in time through pages and pages of Family thread and ran across this great video "Say What You Need to Say" by "sclairf99." Great vid.

The last shot is that great scene in Threads, the "Always." scene. It really hit me how that moment, when Jack doesn't look away, has his arm around Sam and says, with a great deal of love an sincerity, "Always." He's laying it out there for her. She is still (at that moment) engaged to Pete - at least as far as Jack knows - but he's taken that huge first step.

The thing that always prevented him from stepping forward before (aside from those pesky regs) was the Jack O'Neill honor. He's not a poacher. He wouldn't step on Pete to get to Sam if Pete's the guy who makes her happy.

Now some would argue that he's doing so when she's at her most vulnerable, but I really believe that is the only time the "real Sam" is able to see/hear the truth. Most of the time she's so locked into being the proper officer and scientist that it's hard for true emotions to get inside. Jack knows her well enough to know that despite the emotional turmoil she's in, she'll hear what he's saying.

And after he lays it out there, she turns and smiles briefly at him. No pretense at misunderstanding his words, just loving acceptance. I am 100% sure that it's that scene that leads into her breakup with Pete. She, after being there for her dad's passing, then showers and meets with Pete and breaks it off. She, like Jack, is to honorable to pretend any longer.

Okay, I'm done rambling (and procrastinating my wrestling with this darned Campfire).

Pol
      *takes a deep breath* Their more then just a team. Forever and always

That was a lovely vid! Thanks for posting the link!

And your right, that 'Always' scene its so darn great, I love how she's like caressing his hand, and as Majorsal once said, 'she let him know she needed him and he said the word that she'd waited years to hear'

And you know what scene gets me everytime, the 'Affinity' scene, now I know probably a few of you guys don't like that scene, but I really do because you can see in his stance and in his eyes that he loves her. When she hands him the ring he has this look in his eyes like 'Oh no...here it comes...' and there's the perfect oppurtunity to tell her he loves her, he knows she was doubting if she should marry but even though you can see the pain in his eyes, he doesn't. He thinks that makes her happy and he doesn't want to get in the way of that, no matter the pain that it inflicts in his own heart. But what he doesn't know is that he is the only one that can make her truly happy.

Speaking of which I love VSS fic about how 'affinity' should have turned out- Silver and Gold if you haven't read it, go read it right now!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Hey. Everyone!

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
        I adore that line...which is why I made it into a sig And now that you said it, I have to change my sig to it

I just really love that line so much, because Thor has his planet to keep safe, and though Jack cares about Thor's planet...the only person he cares about keeping safe is Sam. *heartfelt shippy sigh*

*dashes off to change sig*
        Love your sig Amanda.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        i wrote a fic based on that ep too, and if anyone's interested, here's the link: http://sg1-heliopolis.com/adult/view...=476&warning=5

i wrote it some time ago, and i don't consider myself a very good writer, so be warned.
        Nice Sally.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        i want something HUGE and HOT and KISSING!!

but i'll take a verbal confirmation and a visual (KISS!!!) to totally confirm our lovely ship. *sighs*
        Well I'll take a huge hot kiss. Not sure what you... uh....

Ok. We'll take that guttery kiss in movie #3 and give Sally her privacy

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
        This really odd thing happened to me today. I've been mojoless...for a year or so. And then today, it was just there. I've been 'gating for the entire evening(and now morning). I should really thank Brooke, because while I had a spark of mojo, she nurtured it. I hope this isn't temporary. I really think my mojo has been on vacation long enough!
        Glad it came back and that you came back as well

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
        *runs is*

Made a new vid!!!

Comatose

Hope you like it.

*runs out*
        How

Cool

Are

You!

Originally posted by VSS View Post
        Hi shippers,
        I posted a question over on the discussion thread (I actually didn't know where to put it, but it's wordy so that's where it went. ) It has to do with SGU/SG1 and I wonder if any of you might take a crack at it?
        Hey we like wordy here.

Wordy's good. Come on. Post it here V. Please.

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
        Speaking of which I love VSS fic about how 'affinity' should have turned out- Silver and Gold if you haven't read it, go read it right now!
        Verrryyy nice.
        sigpic
        sig by Mada
        As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
          Hey we like wordy here.

Wordy's good. Come on. Post it here V. Please.

Verrryyy nice.

Thanks for the kind words about my fic. And thanks again to Amanda for recc'ing it.

Okay, here's a complete word-for-word repost. I actually started thinking about this because of Alan anyway, and something APA said a while back. But it seems kind of OT so I didn't know where to put it. :

I have questions for anyone who's been following the plans for SGU. I don't know where to ask them so i thought I'd try here since shippers seem less likely to say "What an idiot!" in response to stupid questions! And it kind of doesn't have that much to do with SGU so much as the future of SG-1.

Spoiler:
          So I finally got around to watching the SGU trailers and, aside from the jerky camera action which I'm going to attribute to being due mostly to the fact that it's a montage- I liked it. It doesn't seem as melodramatic as BSG. So far, so good.

But here's my question. Lots of people have been guessing that the Icarus base might be on our moon. At first I was resistant to that idea because I love the tie-in with the Air Force, but times do change. One of these days the US was going to have to give up the gate, and it's kind of like the UN, who wants to pay for it anyway when it can be such a pain in the neck?

Also, the events of EatG indicate that something is going on, anyway. Landry being away on a task force and the Odyssey being on a secret mission, for starters. And Alan made a very good point that Icarus is a crater on the far side of the moon, near locations Daedulus and Korolev.

So here's a few things I know:
          Icarus base is very big, and apparently underground. It's supposed to be secret (well, isn't everything?). It's very important and evidently thought to be pretty safe because they've got visiting dignitaries and others who don't belong anywhere near the front lines. And they have their very own uniforms. So this base is at least as important as Atlantis, which also warranted its own uniforms.

The gate appears to be a Milky Way gate, and it looks like the gate room, only updated. In fact, it looks like our gate. Our point of origin is on it, I think.

The IOA appears to be in on this, if not running the whole show. Because of the uniforms and the presence of the IOA, I'm thinking the SGC doesn't have much to do with this.

Jack O'Neill is going to be in about 6 episodes. Six! That's a lot for it having to do with some off-world base. Especially when the series is supposed to be about the Destiny. In the very first episode they're already on the ship. And why Walter? He's never left earth before (200 doesn't count.) But we know the control room has been taken down. (Edit: Thanks to Amanda for pointing out he went off-world in Fallen. Still, why now?)

Okay, so here's my theory. I think the earth gate gets moved to the moon for safety's sake and to share it with other countries. It gets attacked, and not only is the first season dealing with the Destiny, there's a fair amount taking place at the new, now devastated base. Hence, the need for SG-1 characters. Now I know there's a communication device that they use to talk with earth, but I can't imagine that many episodes tied into that.

So anyway, i think this is good for the S/J ship, too. Although I haven't thought too far ahead about that. What do you guys think?

Spoiler:
          The other possibility is that it could be essentially area 51 moved off-world, but not to our moon.

Comment

Hey guys, why are the eps out of order in the Season 1 DVDs compared to GW's list? And does it matter if you're watching them in order?

Comment

Hi, gang! I'm playing catch-up. Between RL and working on my fic (both of which are driving me crazy at the moment), I haven't been on the thread much the last few days.

But as I'm playing catchup, I'm noticing what you've all been up to, and I just want to say:

Congratulations, jumble, on 10,000 posts!!!

Congratulations, leiasky, on 3,900 posts!!!

Congratulations, VSS, on 3,300 posts!!!

Congratulations, UhSir, on 1,000 posts!!!

Congratulations, Regularamanda, on 900 posts!!!

Congratulations, trinity3, on 600 posts!!!

Comment

Hey guys, why are the eps out of order in the Season 1 DVDs compared to GW's list? And does it matter if you're watching them in order?
                It had eps on the dvd's IIRC go in order of when they were filmed, but I'd stick with GW because those are the dates that they aired. I got messed up with that as well

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Snippage...

Okay, here's a complete word-for-word repost. I actually started thinking about this because of Alan anyway, and something APA said a while back. But it seems kind of OT so I didn't know where to put it. :

I have questions for anyone who's been following the plans for SGU. I don't know where to ask them so i thought I'd try here since shippers seem less likely to say "What an idiot!" in response to stupid questions! And it kind of doesn't have that much to do with SGU so much as the future of SG-1.

Spoiler:
                  So I finally got around to watching the SGU trailers and, aside from the jerky camera action which I'm going to attribute to being due mostly to the fact that it's a montage- I liked it. It doesn't seem as melodramatic as BSG. So far, so good.

But here's my question. Lots of people have been guessing that the Icarus base might be on our moon. At first I was resistant to that idea because I love the tie-in with the Air Force, but times do change. One of these days the US was going to have to give up the gate, and it's kind of like the UN, who wants to pay for it anyway when it can be such a pain in the neck?

Also, the events of EatG indicate that something is going on, anyway. Landry being away on a task force and the Odyssey being on a secret mission, for starters. And Alan made a very good point that Icarus is a crater on the far side of the moon, near locations Daedulus and Korolev.

Icarus base is very big, and apparently underground. It's supposed to be secret (well, isn't everything?). It's very important and evidently thought to be pretty safe because they've got visiting dignitaries and others who don't belong anywhere near the front lines. And they have their very own uniforms. So this base is at least as important as Atlantis, which also warranted its own uniforms.

The gate appears to be a Milky Way gate, and it looks like the gate room, only updated. In fact, it looks like our gate. Our point of origin is on it, I think.

The IOA appears to be in on this, if not running the whole show. Because of the uniforms and the presence of the IOA, I'm thinking the SGC doesn't have much to do with this.

Jack O'Neill is going to be in about 6 episodes. Six! That's a lot for it having to do with some off-world base. Especially when the series is supposed to be about the Destiny. In the very first episode they're already on the ship. And why Walter? He's never left earth before (200 doesn't count.) But we know the control room has been taken down. (Edit: Thanks to Amanda for pointing out he went off-world in Fallen. Still, why now?)

Okay, so here's my theory. I think the earth gate gets moved to the moon for safety's sake and to share it with other countries. It gets attacked, and not only is the first season dealing with the Destiny, there's a fair amount taking place at the new, now devastated base. Hence, the need for SG-1 characters. Now I know there's a communication device that they use to talk with earth, but I can't imagine that many episodes tied into that.

So anyway, i think this is good for the S/J ship, too. Although I haven't thought too far ahead about that. What do you guys think?

Spoiler:
                  The other possibility is that it could be essentially area 51 moved off-world, but not to our moon.

Hmm. I guess I'll spoiler my answers too because they're not strictly on topic.
                  Spoiler:
                  I think you're onto something here. We know AT's also slated for some SGU stuff, so I'm really thinking we're good for the ship - eve if its subtle and we get our BIG confirmation in the flick. It'll be there.

I like your idea of the moonbase (I, too, had thought of the Icarus crater) so that's very plausible. All in all I think you're really on the right track. Just my guess though. I wonder if we should begin bookmarking or saving, somehow, our SG1-3 and/or SGU guesses and give a prize to the person who comes closest? It'd be a giggle.
                  Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by never_on_earth View Post
                    Oh, no connection with the discussion but still OT. I wanted to share a fic I've read one month ago or so, named The Intergalactic Event of the Decade. It's of course a SJ fic, totally cracked, OOC, and everything, but I,ve never laughed so much reading an SG fanfic. Maybe you know it already but I won't say too much about it, because the fun part is to discover as one goes along. Enjoy!
                    You are Vicky Ocean?

Your fanfic was some of the first S/J fic I ever read.

And now I know you.

Well, how about that!

Comment

Congratulations, DutchIndeed, on 6,800 posts!!!

Congratulations, TrueRomantic, on 2,800 posts!!!

Congratulations, Blacky Kitten, on 2,700 posts!!!

Congratulations, Lara_SGC, on 1,100 posts!!!

Congratulations, nogigglingmajor, on 1,100 posts!!!

Comment

Dedicating this, my 9,700th, posting to sg-1fanintn.

Thanks for the kind words about my fic. And thanks again to Amanda for recc'ing it.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                        Seems like I managed to inspire you, VSS, and make a good point all in one go. Think I'll treat myself to a jelly bean.

But seriously...I think your ideas combined with mine would definitely make for some up and coming potentially interesting situations in Stargate: Universe and for potential S/J ship too! Hopefully we're on track with what we think but it will be interesting to see how close or far off we were when Stargate: Universe airs. I cannot wait!

Spoiler:

Hmm. I guess I'll spoiler my answers too because they're not strictly on topic.
                        Spoiler:
                        I think you're onto something here. We know AT's also slated for some SGU stuff, so I'm really thinking we're good for the ship - eve if its subtle and we get our BIG confirmation in the flick. It'll be there.

I like your idea of the moonbase (I, too, had thought of the Icarus crater) so that's very plausible. All in all I think you're really on the right track. Just my guess though. I wonder if we should begin bookmarking or saving, somehow, our SG1-3 and/or SGU guesses and give a prize to the person who comes closest? It'd be a giggle.
                        Hear, hear. I can't see there being confirmation of S/J ship in Stargate: Universe but there's certainly room for some playfulness. I'd much rather have confirmation in Movie III anyway I think. With a movie which is supposed to heavily feature Sam and Jack in big ways...seems like the perfect place to do it. If TPTB miss it...I won't be best pleased. But I honestly cannot see that happening. 2010 - this will be the year. I can feel it in my bones...even my funny bones are taking this seriously.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Pol
                          *sighs*

i love reading shippers thoughts on moments, especially when they've had an epiphany and their heart's all filled with squee.
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

I've been playing with new techniques making sigs. What do you think?
                            Last edited by Everlovin; 04 June 2009, 05:10 PM.
                            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                              Dedicating this, my 9,700th, posting to sg-1fanintn.
                              Thanks, Alan. You all know I can't go to bed when someone is sitting on "99" anything...

And I'm afraid it's my bedtime. But I've made a lot of progress tonight. I'm only six pages behind you right now. So, before I go, I'll say:

Congratulations, Alan, on 9,700 posts!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                                Thanks, Alan. You all know I can't go to bed when someone is sitting on "99" anything...

And I'm afraid it's my bedtime. But I've made a lot of progress tonight. I'm only six pages behind you right now. So, before I go, I'll say:

Congratulations, Alan, on 9,700 posts!!!
                                And thank you too. Hope you'll be able to sleep soundly now.

And that bed idea of yours has merit. Quarter Past 4 - time to hit the hay.

Night ((((family))))

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Working...
                                X