This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by never_on_earth View Post
    Oh, my. You ask too much. But I<ll give it a try. Let's see...
    I really got to pick one? Ok, I get it, newbie test. I understand. Well, beside the obvious D&C, with the beautiful and breath taking forcefield scene (so much angst, and everything said in the eyes), it might certainly be, as strange as it sounds, the sam whump, sad Jack in Entity. I think it was a turn, and not specially a good one, but one that proves the strong feelings Jack is having for Sam.
    Of course, there are all the shippy moments of Lost city, that, after thinking, might be my favorites.
    But the best kiss EVER, and I mean ever as in the whole shows, movies, romance, will always be the one from Grace. (rages she doesn't how to put gifs )

What? told you I couldn't pick one.

*rumbles and goes try to do some thinking with her head empty after two sleepless nights*

*drags never on earth off to the Cavern of Angst*

You'll like it in here, I'm sure. It's dark, damp and full of cuddly penguin tissue boxes. There's also a huge screen where Entity, Lost City, D&C and our other favourite angsty eps play on a continuous loop

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    pdl must have been having fun trying to do all those sam/other ships, eh?
    See, that's why I really just didn't get PDL directing it like that, in earlier seasons he's always come across as liking S/J ship....

But if RCC suggested the almost Martouf kiss be put in, I suddenly understand it completely He does like to yank shippers chains

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
    Since I didn't get to it earlier in the week, my thoughts on "Failsafe."

I think this is one of my fave episodes. I love how Jack is like "I've seen this movie." The scene where Jack is concerend for Sam is sweet. And I absolutely love the whole

Cut the yellow wire.
    There all yellow!

I'd like to say this a poorly made bomb.

That scene is just pricless! And of course Jack's "Plan three, works everytime" and "Carter, I can see my house from here!"
    LOL, yeah, I love Fail Safe too I may have to find time to watch it this weekend I love also love how they're sat at the end waiting to run out of oxygen

Which reminds me, Thanks for the Seldear link Josi I adore that story

Originally posted by NormaN View Post
    Hello! I am crashing into this thread! I love this ship, I hate it how the show always teases us but never actually puts them together. Anyway I am just dropping in to say hello and I hope to be a active member of this thread.
    *waves* Hey there NormaN! Welcome to the Family I don't suppose we'll be seeing any s/j art from you would we? *hopeful grin*
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      yeah, but the jack whump is SO extreme , and rick does such a fantastic job portraying pain!... so i don't like the ep. i've only watched it once, and even then... rick sure does pain convincingly. ((()))

i don't want rick doing physical pain scenes anymore, unless it's when sam's squashing his hand during labor.
      Yeah, it's bad to see Jack/Rick get hurt like that, but I like seeing it because of his acting. if he didn't pull it off so well, I wouldn't like it and don't see it.

I just *hate* bad acting...I have several shows that I see, and in some I really see the bad acting, while it are big hollywood shows...I think SG does a wonderful job, with great actors in it

Certainly RDA and AT but I'm very bias in that

Hello! I am crashing into this thread! I love this ship, I hate it how the show always teases us but never actually puts them together. Anyway I am just dropping in to say hello and I hope to be a active member of this thread.
      Welcome NormaN

Sally and Amanda I loved both of your 'birthing' scenes! *giggles*
      Melissa great picspam! and good to hear you've been safe all this time
      Lara, YAY still get to see the recaps in here! Thanks and love 'em. You make me wanna rewatch those episodes!

As for Ripple Effect.

I was annoyed by the almost kiss as well; Sam could have chosen a better closure. I was really glad when the Asgard stopped them, but I do think that before they would have kissed Sam would have noticed it was a mistake.

Also from Marty's perspective, he should have known better. In his universe Sam is with someone else now too, and not with him. Yes, she had been with him, but that didn't work out, why would he still kiss her then? I think you don't want to kiss the one that you broke up with...knowing she is with someone else...I find it from his perspective bad as well...but that's just me...

As for the Sam/Cam stuff, I am glad they didn't do that. I don't see that kind of chemistry between them, plus if they were together, those AU Sam/Cam I find it weird, coz they're on the same team and all...

Just let me think that Sam is with Jack in all those universums...and I do think somewhere along the line, Joe said he thought the same from Ripple Effect.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
        <snip>

As for Ripple Effect.

I was annoyed by the almost kiss as well; Sam could have chosen a better closure. I was really glad when the Asgard stopped them, but I do think that before they would have kissed Sam would have noticed it was a mistake.

Also from Marty's perspective, he should have known better. In his universe Sam is with someone else now too, and not with him. Yes, she had been with him, but that didn't work out, why would he still kiss her then? I think you don't want to kiss the one that you broke up with...knowing she is with someone else...I find it from his perspective bad as well...but that's just me...

As for the Sam/Cam stuff, I am glad they didn't do that. I don't see that kind of chemistry between them, plus if they were together, those AU Sam/Cam I find it weird, coz they're on the same team and all...

Just let me think that Sam is with Jack in all those universums...and I do think somewhere along the line, Joe said he thought the same from Ripple Effect.
        I don't think the kiss between Sam and Martouf is only about closure. Yes it is a big deal but we also have to remember that Sam has all the memories of Jolinar. And these are a lot of memories also about the love for Martouf and about how much Jolinar cared for Martouf. And yes with Sam the case is that she doesn't remember most of these emotions and memories, but she still has them.
        So the moment she sees Martouf, the emotions are there. I think it is just like they pop up. And she might not even realise it herself. They are just there. And no they aren't her emotions but they are blended in with her emotions and memories, so she will act towards it.
        Given with that fact she also probably still feels bad about the death of Martouf.
        TBH I do think Sam would have kissed Martouf, if the asgard didn't stop them. And it has nothing to do with Sam liking or loving Martouf. It has all to do with Jolinars memories.
        And it also has nothing to do with Sam and Jack... Sam loves Jack, always. And yes they will get together in the end. Or are together (depends if you think they are or not)
        But we can't underestimate the memories and feelings of Jolinar.

As to why Martouf is kissing Sam...Well that is easy. He is madly in love with Sam/Jolinar. And if you have one change to kiss the person you are truely in love with, wouldn't you do it?? I would for sure!
        Even if you know that person isn't really the one you fell in love with. You see she is almost identicly to the person you were dating and all.
        And Martouf knew that in this reality things might have been different, for all he knew she was just single.
        I mean he is smart enough to know that things are different in every universe...
        I mean he knew he was dead in this universe LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
          I've just been watching Points of View and I was wondering if the boxset DVD has commentary on it? If so, what's actually said about S/J, the recurring S/J theme, etc.?
          Commentaries didn't start until Season 4, and the Director's Series started in Season 6 I really wish they'd started both earlier

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
          But then again she stops and she has a look of confusion on her face, so i guess that was good...and the lady in the commentary was saying how much she liked the Sam/Martouf ship

Yup Gotta love Joe!

Jumble I was listening to what MW was saying in the 'ex deus machina' and I'm starting to understand why your...so...dedicated () to him!
          Told ya!

It was mostly Martin's commentaries that got me interested, plus when I checked I found that he directed most of my fave eps The 'dedication' just naturally followed

And yes, gotta love Joe
          Last edited by Jumble; 11 April 2009, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
            I don't think the kiss between Sam and Martouf is only about closure. Yes it is a big deal but we also have to remember that Sam has all the memories of Jolinar. And these are a lot of memories also about the love for Martouf and about how much Jolinar cared for Martouf. And yes with Sam the case is that she doesn't remember most of these emotions and memories, but she still has them.
            So the moment she sees Martouf, the emotions are there. I think it is just like they pop up. And she might not even realise it herself. They are just there. And no they aren't her emotions but they are blended in with her emotions and memories, so she will act towards it.
            Given with that fact she also probably still feels bad about the death of Martouf.
            TBH I do think Sam would have kissed Martouf, if the asgard didn't stop them. And it has nothing to do with Sam liking or loving Martouf. It has all to do with Jolinars memories.
            And it also has nothing to do with Sam and Jack... Sam loves Jack, always. And yes they will get together in the end. Or are together (depends if you think they are or not)
            But we can't underestimate the memories and feelings of Jolinar.

As to why Martouf is kissing Sam...Well that is easy. He is madly in love with Sam/Jolinar. And if you have one change to kiss the person you are truely in love with, wouldn't you do it?? I would for sure!
            Even if you know that person isn't really the one you fell in love with. You see she is almost identicly to the person you were dating and all.
            And Martouf knew that in this reality things might have been different, for all he knew she was just single.
            I mean he is smart enough to know that things are different in every universe...
            I mean he knew he was dead in this universe LOL!
            As for Jolinars memories, I don't agree with you in there. She has them now for over seven years, I do think she knows how to deal with them now and to know which memories are hers and which are from Jolinar. Yes, she suddenly has to deal with Martouf who Jolinar loved, but I think Sam knows that those memories and thus feelings aren't hers.
            I don't think in this case that the memories can be used as an excuse...if she would have seen Marty in another way, or someone else Jolinar cared about as a Tok'ra, she couldn't go of and kiss that one as well(or something else).

Sam has over the years dealt with Jolinars feelings before, I think she knows by now which are her own and which are hers. Even though that Martouf comes up, from the dead in her eyes, she must know that if she has feelings for them they are from Jolinar and not from herself. So I can't just say "hey, it's just the memories of Jolinar, no big deal" ...I think this was a bad way to solve it.

I do think it has something to do with Sam and Jack, because I believe that at this moment they are together. Sam is IMHO in a relationship with Jack and thus shouldn't do this, I think she should realise it before she would kiss Martouf. I also think she was glad that the Asgard stopped her.

On the part of Martouf...yes, he is still in love with her....and perhaps he still wants to kiss her and think about this alternate reality stuff, but I do think that when you have broken off with someone, because that someone is with someone else you should figure it out before doing something like that and playing in on her feelings like that. Sam lost Martouf and she never really got over it, she liked him and cared for him and Martouf knows that. He's been in a relation with her; I think that says enough.
            So I still find it bad from Martouf's point of view, he should have thought about it...

But hey, that's just my opinion...
            Last edited by starlover; 11 April 2009, 03:45 AM. Reason: seven and eight
            sigpic

Comment

As for Jolinars memories, I don't agree with you in there. She has them now for over eight years, I do think she knows how to deal with them now and to know which memories are hers and which are from Jolinar. Yes, she suddenly has to deal with Martouf who Jolinar loved, but I think Sam knows that those memories and thus feelings aren't hers.
              I don't think in this case that the memories can be used as an excuse...if she would have seen Marty in another way, or someone else Jolinar cared about as a Tok'ra, she couldn't go of and kiss that one as well(or something else).

Sam has over the years dealt with Jolinars feelings before, I think she knows by now which are her own and which are hers. Even though that Martouf comes up, from the dead in her eyes, she must know that if she has feelings for them they are from Jolinar and not from herself. So I can't just say "hey, it's just the memories of Jolinar, no big deal" ...I think this was a bad way to solve it.

I do think it has something to do with Sam and Jack, because I believe that at this moment they are together. Sam is IMHO in a relationship with Jack and thus shouldn't do this, I think she should realise it before she would kiss Martouf. I also think she was glad that the Asgard stopped her.

On the part of Martouf...yes, he is still in love with her....and perhaps he still wants to kiss her and think about this alternate reality stuff, but I do think that when you have broken off with someone, because that someone is with someone else you should figure it out before doing something like that and playing in on her feelings like that. Sam lost Martouf and she never really got over it, she liked him and cared for him and Martouf knows that. He's been in a relation with her; I think that says enough.
              So I still find it bad from Martouf's point of view, he should have thought about it...

Yes, I agree that she has had years to deal with the part of her that is Jolinar, but after all she killed Martouf... and we see a direction where her life would have gone if she didn't (Martouf said they were together for a while, of course it didn't last ) - not that she had the choice. So she didn't really had the time to see it through what her feelings for Martouf would have been, cause imho, at the time Martouf died part of her that was Jolinar still controled her (not literaly just in the case of her emotions towards Martouf), and imho, she wasn't prepared for the surge of emotions that his appearence brought on, and she might have reversed to the emotional state in D&C... to kiss him was just an impulse, which is why she was glad the Asguard stopped them, just mho.

sigpic
              Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

EPISODE OF THE WEEK
                Abyss

sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                  EPISODE OF THE WEEK
                  Abyss

sweeet ! i need to participate of this week discussion about this ep :rooleyes:

in this mean time
                  OT about other thread
                  Spoiler:
                  i created a thread :Who's your favourite guest character, if you can share your opinions you'll be very welcomed
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=65700
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                    Not me. I'm a very selective shipper. Less than a half-dozen couples have captured my attention over the years...and none so fully as Sam and Jack. And in each case, a lot had to do with the quality of the acting.
                    <snip>
                    And that calls for a little pic spam:
                    I'm very selective, too. As in, no other ships, ever. Brava on the pic spam, too, I loved how they're chronological. And that one from Metamorphosis is really something.

Thanks! and nope there isn't...And if there was I would definitely rectify that situation
                    Yes, you would.

Originally posted by Sappho View Post
                    WELCOME!!!
                    <snip>
                    My personal explanation of the almost kiss is that Sam was very jarred emotionally by Martouf's sudden reappearance. She'd never expected to see him again, and she'd personally killed him! As a comparison, there was a guy I knew in high school, who was kind of annoying, a real hanger-on. I never payed him much attention, certainly wouldn't have considered him a friend (at the time). But when I heard the circumstances of his death in Iraq, it really walloped me one. The fact that he was gone and that I didn't get to say goodbye really took a while to sink in, and really reminded me of all the good things about him. I miss him to this day, wish I could have done SO much differently when it comes to our near-friendship. If I saw him today, I would probably tackle him with a hug and burst into tears, which (since he knows what I was like back then) would probably shock the hell out of him.
                    I'm sure you would. But you wouldn't kiss him. Sam and Martouf weren't leaning in for a hug, they were going for a liplock and there's a pretty big difference, IMHO.

As for Jolinars memories, I don't agree with you in there. She has them now for over seven years, I do think she knows how to deal with them now and to know which memories are hers and which are from Jolinar. Yes, she suddenly has to deal with Martouf who Jolinar loved, but I think Sam knows that those memories and thus feelings aren't hers.

And my opinion. I agree with every word.
                    However, Jolinar is the excuse I employ to explain away the scene, as weak an excuse as it is, because the alternatives are too depressing.

And, moving on......

Originally posted by Lara_SGC View Post
                    Ok so by popular demand, I'll keep posting them then

Shippy Review: Brief Candle

Spoiler:
                    Beware, I have a headache the size of Texas so if some of the comments are off, blame it on my two braincells getting banged together

Scene 1: A new life

When the girl's about to give birth, all the men look at Sam and she looks up at Jack in shock, he nods toward the couple.

: What?! Well don't look at me. I don't know what to do!

I half expected Jack to quip a joke or a feminist remark at Sam but he doesn't. He just accepts that fact and stares back at the woman panting. I have no idea if Jack was there when Sara gave birth but I thought him to be the most logical choice actually.

I can imagine Jack having his own struggles with this as he sees a new life being born while the one he created got taken away from him.

Scene 2: Cake

During the marriage cake scene, Sam’s leaning toward Jack.

Kynthia: It is only for you.

Ah they're bumping arms again . I just love how Sam gazes at Jack, she then looks away, laughs, licks her lips, nods and does this very nice: 'of course' expression. Probably thinking: who can blame her, he's hot.

She then squints and looks at Kynthia, back at Jack and the whole time she's got this smug grin on her face. There's no jealousy whatsoever here. Actually she's just having a ball with Jack's reaction.

Leaning against him now, she's still smiling.

: I think you have a fan, Colonel.

I love this scene because they're all so at ease. Jack seems very comfortable having Sam in his personal space.

Sam can't stop smiling and when he looks at her and she has this full teeth baring gorgeous smile, he gives her a stern look and she drops the smile and looks at the ground. LOL That stern look screamed: are you making fun of me, Captain? And realizing she's making fun of her commanding officer, backs away from that fine line she can't cross being in his chain of command and goes back into military mode.

When Jack starts losing it and laughs out loud with Teal'c's reference to good Goa'uld, watch Sam as she truly enjoys seeing him laugh. You can see it in her expression. It's not because of the situation she's smiling, she smiles because of Jack. During this, you can see her retreating from that fine line again as she stops herself from laughing and looks away.

As two women take Jack away, Sam jumps up and her hands instinctively go to her gun, immediately worrying for Jack.

Scene 3: Dance

While Kynthia's performing her dance, Daniel and Teal'c are watching but Sam looks away.

Again jumping up when Jack's led inside by Kynthia.

Scene 4: Wohoo Half Naked Jack!

The team walks in on a very confused Jack, looking around a room covered in just a blanket. Sam just stares at him open mouthed and walks over to him as Daniel and Teal'c check out the other villagers.

: What happened?

: To them? Or you?

: We'll talk about that later.

She's so royally pissed in this scene. I guess Daniel and Teal'c don't like what happened either but Sam seems more distraught by it. She's angry at him and shows her disappointment. It affects Jack as he looks away and is clearly embarrassed.

: Damn she drugged me.

He gets off the bed, touches Sam's arm and walks passed her. Probably to get her to move out of the way and to reassure her it and he's ok.

(If I'd been Amanda, I'd have a hard time keeping my hands from snapping that little number off his waist. She's got a hard time keeping her gaze away from his half naked body LOL Is that drool I see dripping just there )

So as Jack’s passing her, he keeps his hand on her arm even though he’s striding away, pulling her with him and when he falls to the ground, she quickly grabs his arm to steady him but he falls to his knees.

Her two hands are constantly on his body, even when she’s stepping over to his other side, her hands are still on him. She’s really worried about him. As she kneels down to his level, her hands are now supporting him as she positions herself so that he can lean against her chest.

Even though Daniel is supporting Jack on his other side, Sam’s the one kneeled down so she can see his eyes. Her hands must be all over him as she tells he’s got no fever, shallow breathing and that he has a slow heartbeat. I believe somewhere that Jack must feel her touch as being both electrifying yet caring; comforting. But then Jack goes down.

Scene 5: Huge Honkin’ Hangover

I just love when Jack comes out into the open and he looks at Sam, you can see him reaching out to her but refrains himself from actually touching. She notices him, smiles and is the first one to ask how he feels.

End of part 1

Spoiler:

[/QUOTE]

Still wondering when I can get you to do an episode write-up for the rewatch discussion. Hmmm.... not doing BC until April 22nd. Is that enough time?
                    Last edited by VSS; 11 April 2009, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Hooray! Abyss! Epic Stargate ep!

+ + + :jack whump: = Great Ep!

Does anyone have Zuz's Whumped Jack smilie that looks like this?
                      sigpic
                      The Return of King Arthur
                      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Welcome!
                        Originally posted by Flow View Post
                        *delurks for a moment*

<snip>
                        *goes back to lurking*
                        Make sure to delurk again! Oh and great picspam!

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                        Commentaries didn't start until Season 4, and the Director's Series started in Season 6 I really wish they'd started both earlier

Told ya!

It was mostly Martin's commentaries that got me interested, plus when I checked I found that he directed most of my fave eps The 'dedication' just naturally followed

And yes, gotta love Joe
                        It's all coming together now

Originally posted by VSS View Post

Yes, you would.
                        Yup I would And if there wasn't enough gutter or fluff I'd rectify that situation as well...it's all about balance

On the whole Martouf thing...totally not going to put my thoughts in on that Lets just say how some of you feel about that's how I feel about Marty *runs away*

I think it's time to change the good old sig again. Edit- ahhhh better
                        Last edited by Regularamanda; 11 April 2009, 07:11 AM.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                        Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                        Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Welcome!

Make sure to delurk again! Oh and great picspam!

It's all coming together now

Yup I would And if there wasn't enough gutter or fluff I'd rectify that situation as well...it's all about balance

On the whole Martouf thing...totally not going to put my thoughts in on that Lets just say how some of you feel about that's how I feel about Marty *runs away* I think it's time to change the good old sig again
                          I actually like Martouf, and Malek- who we didn't see nearly often enough for my taste. In fact, those two were my favorite recurring characters.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                            I actually like Martouf, and Malek- who we didn't see nearly often enough for my taste. In fact, those two were my favorite recurring characters.
                            Malek was fine Martouf...I really really really try to like the guy...and I just can't. And it's not even that I hate him or anything (because I don't) but...I just can't...like him

My favorite recurring character was 'Dad' *sniff*
                            Last edited by Regularamanda; 11 April 2009, 07:24 AM.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Here's a small snipit of a pic song-

Someday some boy'll come

and ask me for your hand

but I won't say yes to him unless I know

he's the half that makes you whole

he has a poet's soul

and the heart of a man's man

I know he'll say that he's in love

but between you and me

he won't be good enough

*'My little girl' by Tim Mcgraw

Comment

Working...
                                X